Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error Code 13, Please Help

rredrred Posts: 1,274 New Member
I keep getting a message that says my game cannot save due to error code 13. I read the readme like it said and that didn't help and the search the forum thing is totally useless.

Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Options
    Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Alt-tab out of your game, locate the save games folder (it's Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves) then delete the .bad files. Jump back into game and Save As...
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    alright, I'll try that. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Nope, didn't work :(

Any other ideas?
  • Options
    Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well the problem is save file corruption. Try moving all your save files somewhere else and try saving again. Then move back the files that's "not" the neighborhood you were having trouble with.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I don't have any other save files. I deleted them all just in case. I've never had a problem I don't understand why this sis happening now after like 3 weeks of playing it. What makes a file bad anyways?
  • Options
    Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2009
    An error, the game is still buggy, even with the patch.

I remeber, I build this awesome house for my family, the game crashed, I came back, and I could not even load back.

Wait.. that's not the same.

Did you try saving as another file?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yes, I went in and deleted all of the saved games and tried to save under a new name but the error message still came up.
  • Options
    poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited July 2009
    Try the first solution on this page, don't know if it'll work though.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Error_Code_13
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thank you all for your help, unfortunitely it doesn't matter any more because my game crashed while i was trying to save it. Sucks to be me. I had been playing that game for two weeks and was on my 8th generation. Oh well... :(
  • Options
    axebyteaxebyte Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2009
    What i did, (i only had this happen once a while ago)
    was move the family to an empty lot,save, then moved them back to their house, then was able to save, you get a bad moodlet about moving,and loose a few hours by moving, but it saved my 4 hours of play time.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I hope that it never happens again but if it does at least I have a few solutions to try. Thank you.