Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any good deals in game shop mode?

I notice today there is a 'Shop Exclusive Sales In Game' banner. I as a rule don't use the in-game shop mode because it takes forever and usually crashed my game but if there are any really good deals, I might make an exception. :)
"This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin

Comments

• Options
    BadnessDefinedBadnessDefined Posts: 1,227 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I bought Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection on sale at 720 from the in-game Store, the usual price is 1,200. :D
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited July 2012
    I occassionally look at the *individual* items for sale because I have gotten about 5 items that were advertised for zero points. There are a couple of sets I am missing so I am going to keep my eye on this thread.
  • Options
    SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2012
    @BadnessDefined - that's really not bad!

Maybe I'll turn my shop mode on for a while. I saw another thread that indicated we can get some of the other mailboxes in shop mode too.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    LemonpawzLemonpawz Posts: 919 Member
    edited July 2012
    Ultra Lounge 2010 Compilation was half off (2500 from 5000) as of last night. pretty massive discount on a large set.
  • Options
    ohhjulietohhjuliet Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited July 2012
    I bought the Ultra Lounge Compilation for 2500 sp last night, which is usually 5000. I already had two of the sets contained, however it has a lot of sets within it. The sets remaining that I needed would have cost me 4800 sp if I'd bought them individually (not on sale at all). Once I saw that, I couldn't pass it up, despite the fact that I already had the study lounge and the dining piece (I think?)
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm really confused because I can't find these deals anywhere in my game :? I'm seeing the "Featured Items" list but none of those sets are discounted. The Fabulous Fiesta Set was still 2,200 points.

Are these deals located within Shop Mode? If so I still couldn't find them there :?

Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    ohhjulietohhjuliet Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited July 2012
    They are in shop mode, but not everything is discounted... there's a little (very tiny, epically small) tag indicating that the item is a sale item in the corner of the picture of the item when you look at it. (Closely. With a microscope, perhaps.)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ohhjuliet wrote:
    They are in shop mode, but not everything is discounted... there's a little (very tiny, epically small) tag indicating that the item is a sale item in the corner of the picture of the item when you look at it. (Closely. With a microscope, perhaps.)

Ahhhh I see! Looks like I will be checking out Shop Mode when I fire up my game in a little while. Thank you! :)

• Options
    LoreleyLeeLoreleyLee Posts: 1,384 Member
    edited July 2012
    I'm really confused because I can't find these deals anywhere in my game :? I'm seeing the "Featured Items" list but none of those sets are discounted. The Fabulous Fiesta Set was still 2,200 points.

Are these deals located within Shop Mode? If so I still couldn't find them there :?

No, it's not in store mode (where you get to by clicking on the shopping bag icon at the left. It's in buy or build mode or directly in CAS. In each catalogue the featured items should appear for each category. Well, should. For me it sometimes works and sometimes not....

:D
    ♥ Ellen approved ♥
    kibb_LL2_zps9ddc3f77.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Found it! And I bought my first shirt from the Everyday Cool Summer Nights Collection I've been dying for! haha Forget the name of it but it's the blue jacket for the girls. 53 Points for a 75 point item! Not too bad. haha :)