Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loading Problems

I bought the Sims 3 download from amazon.com and I bought a few of the packs (Showtime, Pets, Ambitions, Late Night and World Adventures). I got them all installed and everything but now it won't load right :/ After I click on what town I want to play it comes up with the normal load screen but after it has just a little bit of gray left, it just sits there and doesn't load anymore. It runs through all the tips but the loading bar won't more. Anyone have any idea what could cause that and/or how to fix it? I've downloaded the game on another computer and it never did that before :?
Veni_sig.png

Comments

• Options
    JazaChaiJazaChai Posts: 426 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Did you patch the base game before installing the expansions? Installing expansions before patching can cause issues, especially if they are installed "out of order" - order doesn't matter if you patch first.
  • Options
    ValkyreiiValkyreii Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2012
    I did any updates that it came up with but it seemed like it didn't come up with enough updates. Only about 5 updates at the most :/ My game is now version 12.0.273.017017 so I dunno if I have all the updates or not ^^"
    Veni_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    That's your version of showtime. The important one is your version of the base game - hover over the farthest left icon at the bottom of the launcher. And there won't be very many updates total - one big update to the base game, and then sometimes updates to a few of the expansions. The only really important one is the base game update. And what's also important is WHEN in the install process you updated. Did you launch the launcher and update the base game before installing the expansions? Or did you install everything, and then launch the launcher and update?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    OH okay. My base game version is 1.36.45.017017 and I'm pretty sure I did all the updates first because I was gonna play the game a bit before installing the packs since it had been awhile but now come to think of it, the characters would be all funky colors like purple and blue and it wouldn't load the outfits right
    Veni_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well, that was the right way to install. Those graphics issues you mention are weird, can you post a dxdiag (instructions in the "how to post in this forum" sticky)?

As for your loading issue, try regenerating your user files:
    -Go to my Documents/Electronic Arts
    -Take the Sims 3 folder there and move it out the desktop (not copy)
    -Restart the game. all those files will regenerate new clean copies.

If you can play the game like that, you can try moving your Saves folder (inside Sims 3) back into the new Sims 3 folder, and seeing if you can load your old games.

Also, does this issue happen with every save, and/or also with a new town? Or is it just one save, or just saves in general?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    The last time I played this game was on another laptop sand it had never happened before :/ and ever thing went to the desktop to begin with so I'm not sure how to regenerate it like you said ^^"
    Veni_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Also, I just saw that Ambitions says 0.0.0.0 so I dunno what the deal is with that and I'm starting to get really ****** because I can't get it to work :evil:
    Veni_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    knclark wrote:
    The last time I played this game was on another laptop sand it had never happened before :/ and ever thing went to the desktop to begin with so I'm not sure how to regenerate it like you said ^^"

What? Did you install the game to your desktop, instead of into program files? There should be no game files on your desktop to start with, besides the shortcut to the launcher. If you open up your Documents library, and click on the Electronic Arts folder, do you see a folder called Sims 3 inside?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Sorry, I had over looked it ^^" I tend to do that alot but I found it and I moved the folder and tried to play it again but it still won't load :cry:
    Veni_sig.png