Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with lots.

Hi, sorry for my english but I have a question concerning the lots size.

I'm actually trying to add community lots in my town and i need help.

So let's say the ''verona county fire department'' is 30x20, I'm adding a 30x20 empty lot on the ground but it's not enough large for the fire department although the lot is suppose to be 30x20.

This is the Verona Country fire department on a 30x20 lot:
http://www.noelshack.com/2012-27-1341473105-Screenshot-3.jpg

It fit but i can't make it face the road, how big should the empty lot be then? How am i suppose to be calculating that?

Comments

• Options
    JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    edited July 2012
    Bump.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2012
    The in-game world editor is pretty wonky. (That means it doesn't work all that well; your English is just fine by the way.)

I think what you need to do is make it a 20x30 lot, meaning turn the lot so the short side is next to the street. There might be a teeny bit of a gap between the actual sidewalk and the building, but it'll just look weird; it'll still work okay from what I remember.

Another option is to put it on a 30x30 lot, and fill in the extra space on each side with decor; some cactus, maybe put one of the park grills and a table out there so your firefighters can eat outside instead of in the station if they have downtime, or the outdoor chess table and a couple of outdoor seats for Logic skill building during downtime.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    edited July 2012
    The in-game world editor is pretty wonky. (That means it doesn't work all that well; your English is just fine by the way.)

I think what you need to do is make it a 20x30 lot, meaning turn the lot so the short side is next to the street. There might be a teeny bit of a gap between the actual sidewalk and the building, but it'll just look weird; it'll still work okay from what I remember.

Another option is to put it on a 30x30 lot, and fill in the extra space on each side with decor; some cactus, maybe put one of the park grills and a table out there so your firefighters can eat outside instead of in the station if they have downtime, or the outdoor chess table and a couple of outdoor seats for Logic skill building during downtime.

20x30 lot worked, thank you! :wink: