Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Desert Home Building Contest - Winners Announced - Please Check In!

I'm in love with the new Lucky Palms store world and want to start playing one of my sims families there. However, there are very few EA homes in LP that can support a large family.

For this contest, I would like to challenge you to build a family home in a desert style - that is, a style that will fit well in the Lucky Palms environment. There are a variety of styles that can work well for this contest: Adobe, Santa-Fe, Spanish, Sunbelt, and Modern. I'm looking for homes that blend well with their surroundings but also offer something interesting or unique. You do not need to own Lucky Palms in order to participate in this contest, but it would be a good idea to take a look at screen shots of it. I will also post some images of the default EA LP homes below.

Prizes:

1st Place - 2000 points (or items/sets up to 2000 points worth)
2nd Place - Items up to 500 points
3rd Place - Items up to 250 points

Many thanks to Seascape for sponsoring an additional 1000 points to the grand prize winner! :D

Contest Specifics:

1. Your home should have a minimum of 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, living room, kitchen, and dining room. Beyond that, I leave it up to you in terms of additional spaces you might want to include inside.

2. There should be a decent amount of outdoor space; at least a backyard area that can provide play options for children and entertainment options for adults. There must be a pool (have to be able to cool off from that desert heat!).

3. Lot size no larger than 40x40 please.

4. The lot should be fully landscaped in a desert style. The home should be finished and fully furnished/decorated (I leave the interior style up to you; just please make sure that it flows well with the exterior.)

5. Make sure there are no sims included with the lot.

6. No custom content please (including patterns). Content from any of the expansions, stuff packs (except Katy Perry and Diesel), and the store is fine.

7. Please post pictures of your finished home on this thread. I'd like to see 2-3 exterior shots and 4-5 interior shots. If you want to link to additional pictures or a slideshow, that's fine, but please don't post more than the 8 pictures I mentioned on the thread itself. Please choose the areas you're
most proud of or where you've done something interesting/unique to highlight in your photos. Please also describe the home's size, cost, and amenities.

8. Please post a link to download your home.

9. You must enter your own build, not someone else's. That includes EA homes; I'm not interested in a renovation or remodel.

10. One entry per person please. You're welcome to show off any and all builds you have that fit the contest requirements, but please choose one for consideration.

11. You may nominate a friend to receive your prize if you win. Please specifically state who you are nominating as part of your contest entry post.

12. I judge as I receive entries (only way I can keep up), so your entry post is final; further revisions to your entry will not be accepted once you have posted it. Given that, please take your time, and double-check your lot before you post your entry.

A Few More FYI's

If you have built a home in the past that fits the bill for this contest, you're welcome to enter it; this contest does not require a new build.

This contest will close at 11:00pm PST on August 31st. There will be *no* extensions.

Some additional tips:

I'm a big fan of interesting architecture, and I also love well designed interiors.

Make sure that you balance design with functionality; I want a lot that plays well and easily, not one where sims can't use objects and experience routing failures.

I am always impressed by a good water feature.

Sometimes less is more; I can appreciate subtlety or a minimalist approach if it's well executed and makes sense for the space.

Take care with your pictures and description - they are included in your score! If you take pictures in build mode, please make sure your gridlines are off (by going into terrain paint). Actually, I highly recommend taking the pictures in live mode with a sim on the lot, so that you can use camera mode (TAB) to get the best perspectives for your shots. Don't forget to remove the sim from your lot
before uploading though!

Please verify that your lot does not include custom content before you enter it into the contest. There is an easy to use tool available for this purpose (Google Sims 3 Pack Cleaner). If I find CC, you will have a chance to remove it, but your entry will not be accepted until it's gone, and this can be an issue when we get near the deadline.

Scoring

I will judge on a 10 point scale for each of the following categories: Architecture, Interior Design, Landscaping, Lighting, Functionality, and Forum Pictures/Description. I may also award a few bonus points for things like innovation, attention to detail, personalizing spaces, excellent water features, enhanced ceiling/flooring work, and the like.

Final note:

I am a busy mother of two, so my time to post and check on this thread will be limited. I will try to check on/update it at least once a day. Thus, please be patient if you have a question or comment for me - I will get back to you as soon as I can. Good luck to all who enter! :)

Lucky Palms Homes:

lp1.jpg

lp2.jpg

lp3.jpg

lp6.jpg

lp4.jpg

lp5.jpg
Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations

Comments