Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any tips on getting good photos for the fashion portfolio?

I'm playing the fashion designer career, but I am finding it impossible to get good shots of the client after the makeover. They leave instantly and by the time I have paused the game and get the picture taken, they are in a awkward position. I get a picture of their back (even if I rotate the camera)! Plus the picture is really small, but that is remedied by getting a good camera, right (instead of using the cell phone)? Am I doomed to a horrible-looking portfolio, or is there a remedy?

Comments

• Options
    krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    edited July 2012
    I haven't figured it out myself yet
  • Options
    goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited July 2012
    This is what I do. I have my stylist give a makeover to sims in their house and then take a picture of them.
  • Options
    goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited July 2012
    This is what I do. I have my stylist give a makeover to sims in their house and then take a picture of them.
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited July 2012
    Well when I did that career, all of my sims client's stop and faced the cellphone camera. I think there is a button you can press to zoom in and out with the camera. It might be 'z'. I forgot all about it and was taking these small pictures of the clients shirts. :XD:
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    SelahGioSelahGio Posts: 756 Member
    edited July 2012
    If you have WA I think you can use the camera from there to take a better picture. But you need to be a high level so it'll look good. Try that?
  • Options
    lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited July 2012
    have you tried pausing the game as soon as the camera interface comes up? that's what i do to make sure the sim doesn't go anywhere while i'm trying to take their photo.
  • Options
    AngelinArosebedAngelinArosebed Posts: 117
    edited July 2012
    I didn't even know you could look at your portfolio pictures after you took them. O.o

Either way, as far as the actual job goes I don't think that it matters too much what the picture looks like, I always get the same percentage of completion points for a picture whether it's a good picture or a bad one.

The way I get nicer looking photos though is usually once I'm higher up on the career ladder and I start doing styling jobs at people's houses. I also make sure the time's on 'regular' and not being fast-forwarded. Then I move the camera around to face them, they do one of their silly poses, and wala, a much better looking picture than a picture of them running off. :3

I'm sure you can play around with screen sizes like you can while painting still life or portraits as well, but I haven't really played around with it to test it out. ^^;;
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    edited July 2012
    Thanks guys! I guess I am just not being fast enough with the pause button! Although the clients seem to run out pretty quick! ^^