Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition ~ Vampire and Werewolf Equality ~ Achieved!

Comments

• Options
    mbolt15mbolt15 Posts: 227 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Tojax wrote:
    Tojax wrote:
    Like I've said, turning another sim into a vampire, werewolf or zombie doesn't bother me. But casually using a sim as a blood (plasma?) source does. A vamp forcefully feeding off another sim just seems to have a darker feel to it than the sims games usually have...

It could easily be done without violence through an animation similar to the one used in Sims 2, where the vampire hypnotizes the sim with thier eyes, and bites them with no struggle or hostility (the sim being bitten just peacefully "blissed out"). Only after the bite would a sim realize what just happened, and freak out.

Fair enough. I could deal with that kind of animation :lol:

Can I add your name then? ;) Pretty Please?(by the way I'm giving you the puppy dog eyes)
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited June 2012
    mbolt15 wrote:
    Tojax wrote:
    Tojax wrote:
    Like I've said, turning another sim into a vampire, werewolf or zombie doesn't bother me. But casually using a sim as a blood (plasma?) source does. A vamp forcefully feeding off another sim just seems to have a darker feel to it than the sims games usually have...

It could easily be done without violence through an animation similar to the one used in Sims 2, where the vampire hypnotizes the sim with thier eyes, and bites them with no struggle or hostility (the sim being bitten just peacefully "blissed out"). Only after the bite would a sim realize what just happened, and freak out.

Can I add your name then? ;) Pretty Please?(by the way I'm giving you the puppy dog eyes)

Sure :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Tojax wrote:
    mbolt15 wrote:
    Tojax wrote:
    Tojax wrote:

Sure :)

Yay! You deserve a huge pat on the back and an ice cream cone (with a flake of course) :thumbup:
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited June 2012
    *signed*
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited June 2012
    signed!
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited June 2012
    At this point I doubt it will do any good, but I am signing.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Kamb64 wrote:

Can always hope right? :wink:
  • Options
    Seer144Seer144 Posts: 816 Member
    edited June 2012
    Signed.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited June 2012
    mbolt15 wrote:
    Kamb64 wrote:

Can always hope right? :wink:

True
  • Options
    xLynnxLynn Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2012
    signed
  • Options
    DenonDenon Posts: 335 New Member
    edited June 2012

Signed.
  • Options
    sarasim18sarasim18 Posts: 64
    edited June 2012
    Signed.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    All added - thank you guys :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited June 2012
    What the heck why not. I'm signing to xDd
  • Options
    werewolf05werewolf05 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    "Signed"
  • Options
    Anubis955Anubis955 Posts: 51
    edited June 2012
    Signed. I want real vampires not sappy sparkly ones that worry about hurting their girlfriends who's personality is that of a lamp. There, rant over :lol:
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited June 2012
    *Signs*
  • Options
    XKaneHasAKittehXXKaneHasAKittehX Posts: 18
    edited June 2012
    Anubis955 wrote:
    Signed. I want real vampires not sappy sparkly ones that worry about hurting their girlfriends who's personality is that of a lamp. There, rant over :lol:

This.
  • Options
    XKaneHasAKittehXXKaneHasAKittehX Posts: 18
    edited June 2012
    Signed :3
  • Options
    SazGirl15SazGirl15 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Amaldiina wrote:
    *Signed*

It's so ridiculous that vampires still have to ask a permission to bite. I think there's not much of anything better in the "more intriguing" vampires if they still can't act like vampires. For real! Since when have vampires being walking around the town asking for blood donation?!
    Besides how are the vampires improved then? More features to scare sims? Are vampires going to steal the ghosts' job to ***** sims from now on? I really hope not.

Dear EA, Your vampires make no sense to me...I'm not even sure if I should call them vampires anymore...
    Tojax wrote:
    mbolt15 wrote:
    Thanks guys
    - also wanted to mention that I forgot to add in the ability to feed off of anyone too. Even if vampires had the option to ask or just bite, with the victim able to fight them off if their athletic/martial arts skill is high enough (like with mummies)

If you like this idea I'll add into the top! :mrgreen:

As much as I wouldn't mind a vampire equivalent of the "perform a cursed bite", I don't think that the act of forcefully feeding off another sim would fit into the "T for teen" rating.
    I don't mean to sound like some sort of pacifistic extremist, but when I hear "biting anyone, even if they don't agree to it", I imagine it to be pretty violent and unpleasant, sort of True Blood or Buffy style. While having a sim fight off the vampire is kind of funny, what about those that can't defend themselves? :P I know these are only pixels but the image of a vamp attacking a defenseless Elder just doesn't seem to appealing to me.

Yet, zombies can bite without permission. Apparently werewolfs can also with a high enough lycanthropy skill? Does it fit into "T for teen" -rating that zombies and werewolfs can bite without permission but vampires don't? I don't know what's counted aproppriate for teens in US since I'm from Northern Europe but this doesn't make sense to me. I don't mean to be mean, just thinking logically.
    ...provided vampires get to do other cool stuff too, like they used to in the Sims 2, ie, give them some "Classic Vampire" Lifetime Rewards or Traits that let them be more Dracula and less Edward.

^ I second this ^

I agree 100% with you!

I think it could be cool if a vampire could decide if they wanted to change the sim or just drink from him/her, instead of always changing them if they bite them.. So I'll sign too :-D (If the vampire drains the sim, he/she will turn into a vampire, but if it's 'just a drink', then nothing happens.. That way the whole town wouldn't be overrun by vampires, if you prefer to drink from other sims! (-: ..)

P.S. I'm a bit tired so I may haven't understood all from the first post, so if this was the original idea, then just ignore it d-: (You know, the whole vampire changing sims by draning and that..) :D But I thought about it myself too! And I was really dissapointed when I learned that vampires still have to ask permission to bite.. /-:

Edit: Well, I just realised the first post I'm talking about, is from another thread.. But I still agree d-:
    (Yep, I'm that tired.. And it's not even that late here.. Only 20:15pm :shock: )
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @Anubis955 - so true, bring back the bad *** vampires and leave the glitter to the faeries!
    @SazGirl15 - Lol, no worries just glad your on board

Thanks guys - list is updated! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SlavSlav Posts: 99 New Member
    edited June 2012
    mbolt15 wrote:
    bring back the bad *** vampires and leave the glitter to the faeries!

That should totally be our slogan!
  • Options
    KaigosomehKaigosomeh Posts: 31
    edited June 2012
    *Signed

I was hoping that was one of the improved vampire qualities, but apparantly not. I want scarier vamps!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Slav wrote:
    mbolt15 wrote:
    bring back the bad *** vampires and leave the glitter to the faeries!

That should totally be our slogan!

New Title maybe? 8)
  • Options
    PanioPanio Posts: 10,211
    edited June 2012
    *loes pen* *takes brothers* *signs*