Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content and the exchange

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
I might be wrong but I was looking at the top 10 sim downloads today, 6 out of the 10 sims use the following pegy sims hair which can be downloaded here:-

http://www.peggyzone.com/Sims3Detail00003.html

To the casual downloader who downloads them sims they will not get the hair, due to you need to download the original hair that pegy made. Out of them top 10 sims nobody links to the original hair, I don't think people grasp the concept that if it works in my game it will work in everybody else's.

I think all them sims should be reported for broken content, but I'm not going to spend the rest of my day reporting them.

Anyway a big problem with the sims 3, if person A makes custom content for the SIMs 3, for example I was looking into makeing some glass tiles, If I uploaded a lot with them glass tiles, they would not work in your game unless you had a copy of the orginal glass tiles installed. This is perhaps where the exchange in the sims 3 in the future will fall down, as more custom content becomes available, more lots, objects and sims will just not work as intended.

My advice if you upload anything that contains custom content I would put in BIG letters a location on where you can get the custom content.

Comments

• Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree 100% to everything you said. This is the reason why I try to avoid using CCs in the creations I intend to upload. (Just so that it's less of a hassle for the person who downloads them.) But if I were to use CCs, then I would definitely link the location.