Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uploading Sims.. What am I doing wrong?

Ok this is the second time this has happened to me and I am unsure what I am doing wrong.. I have been following all the directions I can find on how to properly upload a Sim that I created to be my avatar.

I am logged into the same account on the launcher and the web page. My uploaded Sims show up in my studio page, but when I click on them and view their details I don't get the "Make Sim my Avatar" button under "Recommend This" where it should be.

My uploaded Sims also don't have the extra photos that I see on other people's uploaded Sims (photos for each outfit, etc.. I only get a full body photo of everyday clothes), nor does it list the traits and body type like I see on other people's uploaded Sims.

Am I missing something? :oops:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the link to the Sim I created to be my avatar (and Legacy Sim): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=480561

Comments

• Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited July 2009
    Looks like you may have uploaded the household instead of the individual sim.
  • Options
    KitaeliaKitaelia Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hmm.. Any tips on how to do it correctly?

Edit: I just read about going to a mirror to change appearance and share the Sim from there.. I'll try that and see if I can get it to work that way.
  • Options
    KitaeliaKitaelia Posts: 85 Member
    edited July 2009
    Problem solved! Thanks for pointing out that it was a household! ^^