Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RESOLVED: Missing Saved Games after Installing Custom Content

Any help would be appreciated, as I've worked on this for most of the day.
Today I downloaded and installed:
The Atomic Pet Bed and Bowl
The Paws and Whiskers Costume Set
Ditz Doutzen by: billabongkati
and Savvy and Smooth by: blewis823

I started my game and my most recent saved games were not available to play. Nor was Riverview available to start a new game with. All of the saved games that were not appearing are in Riverview. I quit the game and checked the saved folder. The saved games were all there.

I started the launcher and told the game to start without using custom content, the saved games show up.

I uninstalled so much custom content via the launcher to try to find what is causing the problem, with no luck. I was able to uninstall the sims themselves, the Paws and Whiskers Set and a lot of the extras that I discovered came with the Ditz download at http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5927136. Using Custard, which I should have done in the first place, showed a ton of other files with that one. I was not able to uninstall the Atomic Pet Bed and Bowl set, as it did not appear in the launcher under installed content.

I then removed the packages folder from the mods (even though none of these items were package files, they are all Sims3Packs) as well as the DCCache files: dcdb0.dbc and dcdb0.ebc. Even then the saved games do not show up. Only when I tell the launcher not to use custom content, do the games appear for play.

What in the world should I try next?

Comments

• Options
    Shadow2SoulShadow2Soul Posts: 1,628 Member
    edited June 2012
    have you tried uninstalling river view and re-installing it?

have you tried deleting the following cache files:

simCompositorCache
    scriptCache
    compositorCache
    CASpartCache
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    FleeraFleera Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2012
    RESOLVED: My husband suggested uninstalling and re-installing Riverview, which worked, thank goodness!

Shadow2Soul, thank you so much, you would have solved my problem too!!!! You ROCK!!!!