Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Denali's Horse Farm (50 foals challenge)

Hey Everyone,

After a lot of tries with the 50 foals challenge and a lot of set backs in all of those games (no more NPGs, freezings, etc) I almost gave up on this challenge. But me loving horses and loving the sims I decided to try it one more time. This 50 foals challenge also plays in Appaloosa Plains and I'm going to use 5 mares to produce 10 foals each. I won't adjust the ages for the sims. (except for 5 extra sim years to young adult, adult and elder and 10 for the adult horses). If my founder sim Skye Denali dies before her legacy ends one of her children (if she get's them) will continue.
So let's get this party started!

Official rules: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/450566.page#6705390

Denali's Horse Farm.

Skye Denali has always loved horses, from when she was a little girl up until now she’s always been around horses. Caring for them and loving them. So when she finished school she decided to buy a house, a small piece of land and a horse. First she wanted to just ride races and compete in jumping competitions, but she decided differently after talking to her grandparents. They gave her the idea to breed horses. And so she went looking for a good mare she could use for breeding. After searching what seemed like forever she found a lovely mare called Falcon.
Schermafbeelding2012-05-30om120232.png Skye in her small kitchen

Skye moved into her new house with Falcon and decided to start breeding with her, soon she found out that having your own house and a horse and providing for yourself and your horse costs a lot of money. And because Falcon is used for breeding Skye can’t use her to compete in competitions.
Schermafbeelding2012-05-30om120133.png
Schermafbeelding2012-05-30om120201.png

Soon she found the solution, she bought a little colt. The owners wanted to move abroad and this little painted colt was the only foal they still hadn’t sold. Skye couldn’t think of a reason and decided she wanted to have the little guy so she could train him and raise him the way she wanted.
The owners were so happy she wanted to buy him and they could finally move Skye got Bandito for a special price.
Schermafbeelding2012-05-30om120055.png
Schermafbeelding2012-05-30om120511.png

A couple of days after they all got settled in pretty nicely. Skye decided to ride around town and found a huge Equestrian Center. One of the co-workers at the Center came up to Skye. ‘Hi, my name is Jennifer. You look a little lost! Can I help you?’ She asked Skye.
‘Well I’m looking for stallions to breed my mare Falcon with, and I was wondering if you can help me out.’ Skye replied.
Jennifer told Skye it is possible to breed your mare at the center. ‘That’s awesome news!’ Skye said, because she still has to figure out a way to get stallions for breeding her mare.
Skye decided to try her luck immediately.
‘If you want to try, I can offer you Breaker, he’s one of our cheaper stallions, not the best we have but not the worst either.’ Jennifer offered her with a wink. ‘Breaker is a lazy guy, he hates jumping and can be clueless sometimes. But he will cost you only $43,-‘
Skye decided to try Breaker, he was cheap and she was low on money, and it was a good way to start breeding with Falcon until she had found another way to get her hands on stallions.
Schermafbeelding2012-05-30om121445.png
After a while Falcon turned out to be pregnant with foal #1. Skye was overjoyed with this news and can’ t wait to see Falcon’s first foal.

In the mean time Bandito was still a foal and couldn’t compete in competitions, so Skye decided to adopt a horse at the local shelter. They unfortunately don’t get many horses at the shelter and only had one horse she could train. Skye wanted to get this horse, but was disappointed that they don’t get many horses at the shelter. She has to find another way to get horses for breeding and training.
Schermafbeelding2012-05-30om132524.png

HipHop arrived the next day and he’s a lazy guy that hates jumping, but he’s very friendly and neat. He does make a lot of noise… But thank God there aren’t many neighbors that mind. Skye lives in a pretty remote area and her next-door neighbor is almost never home.
Because Skye now has three horses to care for she needed to register herself as a horse-woman this way she could start competing in races and jumping competitions and make some money with it. This would also help with putting her horse farm on the market.
Schermafbeelding2012-05-30om132744.pngHorse riding isn't easy sometimes...

After a day when Skye came back from a little ride with HipHop, Skye got a lovely surprise, Falcon gave birth to her first foal. She’s a lovely filly and Skye named her Boeing. She’s a playful little girl, but hates jumping.
Schermafbeelding2012-05-30om133910.png
Schermafbeelding2012-05-30om134015.png

After giving mom and daughter some rest Skye took Falcon to the Equestrian Center again to breed her for foal #2. That’s mainly because Skye still hadn’t find the right way to get good stallions for breeding.
Schermafbeelding2012-05-30om134729.png

Because Skye was low on funds she had to pick another cheap stallion and Jennifer at the Equestrian Center was there to help her out again. She told Skye, that after Breaker the cheapest one was Bolt. Skye took a look at him and didn’t mind his appearance but when she heard the traits of this horse she was a little bit shocked. ‘Bolt is a very aggressive and over sensitive horse, who’s also lazy and noisy. This makes him the devil of the Equestrian Center, and most of the staff is scared of him. ‘ Jennifer explained.
‘Why do you still use him for breeding if he’s like that?’ Skye wondered.
‘It’s because he has some good ancestors and because of that a lot of people still want to use him for breeding. Not many foals inherited his bad behavior.’ Skye was told.
Skye decided she didn’t have much choice and hoped Falcon’s neat and playful nature would be stronger then the stallions traits. She couldn’t be so unlucky to be one of the few who got a foal with Bolts traits. So she bred Falcon with Bolt. Keep fingers crossed they would produce a horse with a nicer nature than it’s father.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-06om143717.png

A couple of days after breading Falcon Bandito grew into a nice stallion.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-06om145539.png

Skye still hasn’t figured out why the former owners had such a hard time selling him, because Skye loves the rascal. She immediately started training him and found out quickly he loves jumping. Even though he’s sometimes a little over sensitive he’s agile and fast and Skye knows these qualities make him an awesome horse for jumping and racing.
Hopefully he’ll also make a nice mate for Falcon, and Skye keeps her fingers crossed he and Falcon will get along.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-06om151446.png

Now that Bandito grew up 3 grown horses and a foal was too much for Skye to handle, training wise but also money wise.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-06om145758.pngShe was running out of funds. Skye just hopes she trained HipHop enough and goes to the Equestrian Center to sell him. There they told her they would love to buy him and offered Skye $3636,-
This was a little fortune for Skye and would make it possible for her to care for her horses and herself a little longer until she has trained Boeing and she can sell her.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-06om151106.png

On a Sunday Evening Falcon gave birth to her second foal. This time Skye was present and watched the whole thing. Falcon gave birth to a little colt and Skye named him Gateway.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-06om152013.png
A couple of days after Gateways birth it turned out he unfortunately got some traits from his dad. He turns out to be very aggressive towards Bandito and doesn’t make any friends like this. Falcon loves him because she’s his mom, but Bandito already marked Gateway as his enemy. The only way Gateway seems to like about Bandito is his jumping. And Skye hopes this means he’ll come to love it and that his agility will help finding him a new owner.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-06om152504.png

Now that Falcon can breed again Skye took her to the Equestrian Center, still not having figured out how to get nice stallions. This time she decided to treat herself to one of the more expensive stallions. Jennifer offered Cascade, ‘ He’s a playful and neat guy, and he’s very brave!’ she told Skye. After hearing these traits and seeing the stallion Skye decided to breed Falcon with Cascade. Hoping for a foal with better traits this time.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-06om155830.png

Boeing decided it was time for her to grow up and this meant Skye could start training her. After she’s trained Skye can sell her first foal. Skye is excited about it, but also sad, it’s never fun to sell a horse and Boeing was her first bred foal and has a special place in Skye’s heart. But training and selling Boeing will also mean her new horse farm will finally get started.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-06om154859.png
Schermafbeelding2012-06-07om120611.png

Skye wanted to keep Bandito for breeding and competitions. This will hopefully bring some extra money to the household funds.

After Boeing was trained successfully Skye had to sell her. Falcon had a hard time saying goodbye to her first foal, but luckily Gateway was still around and another foal was on it’s way. Skye took Boeing to the Equestrian Center and found a nice guy who would help her sell Boeing. He promised Skye that they would find the best family they could find for Boeing. And he was willing to pay Skye $3745,- for Boeing.

When Skye came home a little surprise waited for her. Falcon had given birth to her 3rd foal. It’s another young colt and Skye named him Coolidge. Coolidge is nothing like his brother Gateway. He’s very playful and even though he’s a little clueless every now and then he doesn’t have a hard time making friends. Bandito is a very proud father who loves his son very much and loves playing with the little guy.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-07om121413.png
Schermafbeelding2012-06-07om121526.png

Gateway really has a very hard time making friends. His little brother Coolidge tolerates him, but only because he’s his brother, and Bandito still hates his guts. If this keeps continuing Skye will have two aggressive stallions on her property.
The only two Gateway seems to like are his mother and Skye.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-07om144518.png
Schermafbeelding2012-06-07om144724.png

Skye took Falcon to the Equestrian Center to breed her for foal #4. The same lady who helped her pick the other 3 stallions was around to advise her again. ‘Looking for another stallion again?’ Jennifer asked as soon as she spotted Skye.
‘Yeah, I don’t have enough money to buy my own stallions, and I really want to breed with Falcon and her offspring.’ Skye answered.
‘If you’re looking for a friendly stallion I can offer you Swell. He’s also very neat, but he can be can little over sensitive. ‘ Jennifer offered. ‘He’s not one of the cheapest, but he’s a fine catch. ‘
‘I was very happy with Cascade the last time’ Skye told her. ‘So I guess I’ll follow your judgment and go with Swell this time.’
‘Can I ask you something while we breed Swell with Falcon?’ Jennifer asked.
‘Sure, what do you want to know?’
‘Well, tell me if I’m wrong but is it true you want to start a horse breeding farm?’
‘You heard correctly.’ Skye answered, ‘ The only problem I have is finding stallions. I’m really happy I can use the stallions at the Equestrian Center, but you don’t have much choice and I really do not want to use the same stallion again.’ Skye explained.
‘I think I have the right solution for you, if you don’t mind me giving my opinion.’ Jennifer said.
‘Shoot.’ Skye replied.
‘Well, we get a lot of horse owners here at the Equestrian Center who ask us if we offer services to train their horses. We always have to turn them down, we don’t have enough stables left and there aren’t enough co-workers here who really want to spend extra time training horses. So I was thinking,’ Jennifer continued. ‘What if you offer your services, what if you train those stallions and then in return use them for breeding. You have a huge variety of horses and you can earn some money as well. We at the Center here are willing to send people your way to help you out!’
‘That’s a great idea, I’ll think about it and let you know as soon as possible.’ Skye answered.
‘Please do! Ah and there we have Falcon, ready to go home. Take good care of her and hope to hear from you soon.’ Jennifer said, while handing Falcon back to Skye.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-11om193009.png

On her way home Skye gave thought to Jennifer’s idea and really liked the thought of it. She decided to give it a try and see what happens. The next few days she spend caring for her horses and working out the idea of training other people’s horses.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-11om194420.png

After a few days devil Gateway grew into a gorgeous stallion. Skye started training him right away because she made the decision to sell Gateway as soon as possible, because of his aggression towards Bandito and his little brother Coolidge. Skye will miss him, but she hopes when he finds a new family he’ll settle down and be less aggressive.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-11om193638.png
Schermafbeelding2012-06-11om201654.pngScolding him doesn't help much...

On a sunny Thursday afternoon Falcon gave birth to foal #4. This foal turned out to be a filly and Skye named her Airbus. Airbus is a nice mix of her mom and dad and Skye hopes she’ll grow into a gorgeous mare. Airbus is a playful and neat filly. And Skye is happy she got only the good traits from both her mom and dad.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-11om201829.png
Schermafbeelding2012-06-11om202015.png
Schermafbeelding2012-06-11om202036.png

Gateway was trained pretty quickly and this made Skye happy. It meant he would make someone an awesome horse. And that’s why Skye left instructions at the Equestrian Center where they would sell Gateway.
‘Dear buyer,
I’m Gateway, I’m an agile stallion who loves to jump and race. I do have a little aggression problem, but as long as I’m on my own or with mares I have no problems. Please don’t put me together with other stallions or colts because I do not like them.
If you still like me after reading this, please give me a good home!
Gateway’

Skye hopes this note will help Gateway, and Jennifer promised she would try to find Gateway the best owner she could find.
A couple of weeks later Skye got the news Gateway was sold to a lady from a neighboring town. She promised to give Gateway a good home and was very happy with him. She bought Gateway for $3173,-.

Skye really loves Jennifer’s idea of training other people’s horses and in return use them for breeding. But she needs publicity for that and decides to call the newspaper to ask them if it’s possible to arrange it. The owner of the newspaper James told her he’d be at the Appaloosa Advanced Jumping competition and that he’d be willing to interview her.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-12om200748.png
Skye took this opportunity and also competed with Bandito. They were first and this added to the publicity. Skye met with James right after the competition and told him her idea. He promised to make a nice article about it and put it in next day’s paper. He also told her he would be her first client, and asked Skye if she could train his stallion Snowy. He promised to bring Snowy the next day.
Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om143130.png
Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om143224.png

The next day Skye opened the paper and in the sports section she immediately spotted her story.
Brave young lady and her horses, by James Jameson
Skye Denali is a new to Appaloosa Plains, but that doesn’t stop her from starting a business of her own. Skye moved her a couple of months ago with her horse Falcon, the idea was to start a horse farm with Falcon as the founding mare. After visiting the Equestrian Center for stallions, Skye wondered how to get more stallions, to get as many different Foals as possible. After a tip from someone at the Equestrian Center Skye decided to offer her horse training abilities to other horse owners in Appaloosa Plains and other cities. The only request she has for training your horses is that she can use your stallions for breeding.

I had the privilege of meeting with this young lady at the Equestrian Center after the Appaloosa Advanced Jumping Competition, she just won first price with her horse Bandito and she told me about her live and her dreams and ideas for the future.
After hearing her story and her idea I decided to be the first to use her training talents for my own stallion Snowy. As you, dear reader, are reading this article I’m dropping off my stallion at Denali’s Horse Farm. I will keep you all updated about the progress Skye is making with Snowy and her horse farm.
If you are interested in using Skye’s training talents and letting her breed with your stallions please contact Skye at 123-4567890.
More next week.

This is the beginning, hope you guys like it. If you have complaints or tips please tell me! (sorry for grammatical errors). I'll upload the foals till Chandler tonight! Enjoy!

Comments

• Options
    AnimalLover202AnimalLover202 Posts: 245
    edited June 2012
    Bookmarked. Awesome job! :D
  • Options
    StessToCockpitStessToCockpit Posts: 178 New Member
    edited June 2012
    You can find,

* Boeing; http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5916878
    *Gateway; http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5916881
    *Coolidge; http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5916880
    *Airbus; http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5916876
    and a little treat
    *Snowy, (Snowy is created by me in CAS, and used to father one of the foals that's not in the story yet. Snowy is James Jameson's Stallion (the reporter I used in my story); http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5916884

In my studio! If you want to use them feel free, but just let me know when you use them in your stories I'd love to see what foals they make ;)
  • Options
    DweiathecatDweiathecat Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited June 2012
    Bookmarked! :)
    3j2i.jpg
  • Options
    DusklightFaerieDusklightFaerie Posts: 847 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Gateway has some really nice markings, too bad he's such a little monster!
    I'm interested in seeing how the rest of skye's foals turn out.
    Bookmarking ^.^
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thanks everyone! Hope I can update this weekend :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    A new neighbor moved onto one of the empty lots across Skye’s house and the first time Skye got a glimpse of him she was sold. ‘What a hot guy!!’ She thought. ‘I’ve got to get to know him better.’ And so she went across the road to introduce herself to her new neighbor.
    ‘Hi, I’m Skye, welcome to the neighborhood.’ Skye welcomed her new neighbor.
    ‘Hi, nice to meet you, my name is Maxian.’ Her new neighbor answered. ‘So you live across the road right?’
    ‘Yeah, I just moved there a couple of months ago with my horses.’
    ‘Oh, you’re a horse lover too!’ Maxian beamed.
    ‘Absolutely, horses are the love of my life, always have been.’ Skye explained. ‘If you even want to meet my horses feel free to drop by.’
    ‘I will do that for sure. I’ve seen some cute foals on the other side of the street.’ He said with a wink.
    Skye and Maxian kept talking for little while longer, but duty called and Skye had to get back to her horses.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om163628.png

A few days later it was time to breed Bandito and Falcon. They already had a good connection together and the breeding wasn’t a problem at all.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-12om201510.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-12om201539.png

After Skye bred Falcon and Bandito together, James entered the property with his Stallion Snowy.
    ‘Hey there Skye!’ He said. ‘As promised your first project.’
    ‘Oh hi James. That’s a gorgeous stallion you have, I bet that will bring out an awesome foal!’ Skye said while inspecting Snowy.
    ‘Oh yeah he’s gorgeous but he’s untrained, I just got him a couple of weeks ago and didn’t have much time to work with him.’
    ‘No problem, I’ll work with him and give you a call when he’s ready.’ Skye promised.
    ‘That’s great, well I’ll leave him in your hands and wait for your call.’ James said while handing Snowy to Skye.
    ‘Thank you, and James, if you like I can offer you first choice for Snowy’s foal.’ Skye offered. ‘Think about it and let me know.’
    ‘Thank you Skye, I’ll let you know and keep me posted on Snowy’s progress. Goodbye!’
    ‘Bye James!’ Skye waved goodbye while stroking Snowy. ‘Well have a great time buddy and you’ll have a lot of friends to play with while you’re here. ‘
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om151149.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om151708.png

Before Skye could start training Snowy, Coolidge grew up and Skye had another horse to train. With all her foals and horses Skye didn’t have enough space to keep another foal and thus she decided to train Coolidge as soon as possible and as fast as possible so she could sell him. Coolidge turned out easy to train and after only a day he was used to the saddle, and ready to sell.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om152452.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om160451.png

Skye took Coolidge to the Equestrian Center where Jennifer helped her out again.
    ‘Hey, haven’t seen you in a while.’ She greeted Skye.
    ‘Yeah it’s been a while, sorry about that, been really busy with my horses and foals.’ Skye replied.
    ‘So what can I do for you?’ Jennifer asked.
    ‘Well I was wondering if you can sell this gorgeous guy for me.’ Skye explained, stroking Coolidge’s neck.
    ‘Oh! Is he one of your foals?’
    ‘Yes, this is my third foal his name is Coolidge. His father is Cascade and his mother is of course my own Falcon.’
    ‘He’s very nice, and of course I’ll help you sell him, I think I know just the right person.’ Jennifer promised.
    ‘That’s great, you’re the best!’
    ‘Just leave him with me and I’ll do my best. I’ll let you know when the deal is sealed.’ Jennifer said.
    ‘Thanks a lot.’ Skye hugged Jennifer. ‘Good-bye Coolidge. I’ll miss you buddy, but you’ll find a nice home and you’ll do fine. Take care.’
    After this she hugged Coolidge good-bye and handed his reins to Jennifer.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om160958.png

When Skye got home she needed to clear her mind and could get started right away with help Falcon deliver another foal. Foal #5 was on it’s way, Falcon was doing fine but Skye was there every step of the way praising her mare. After a couple of hours Chandler was born. Mom and of course dad were proud and Skye praised them both.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om154336.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om154426.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om154610.png

After Chandler’s birth Skye started training Snowy. Snowy was an easygoing guy and didn’t give her many problems. She jumped with him, and let him race around the yard.
    After a few days when Skye was breeding Snowy and Falcon she got a phone call from Jennifer.
    ‘Hey Skye, good news. Remember I told you about that buyer I knew would love Coolidge, well he did and he bought him for a very nice price. We sold Coolidge for $6245,- so we’ll put that on your account. Hope we can help you out some other time again.’ Jennifer told Skye.
    ‘Thank you very much Jennifer, and of course I will let you help with my other foals, don’t know what I would do without you. Talk to you soon.’
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om162817.png

Again one of Skye’s foals found a home and this made her very happy. And she was grateful for everyone helping her out, Jennifer at the Equestrian Center and James with his article and his stallion.

And speaking of James and Snowy, it is time to send Snowy back home. James will be pleased to have his stallion back, trained and all. So Skye decided to surprise him and rode Snowy over to James’ place to drop him off. Lucky for her James was home and he loved Skye’s surprise.
    ‘Skye, Snowy!’ He yelled when he came running towards them. ‘This is such a lovely surprise. How are you Skye and how is Snowy?’
    ‘I’m fine and Snowy is even better. I trained him, and I hope you are happy with the results. He’ll also be a daddy in a couple of weeks. Falcon is pregnant with his foal!’ Skye told James.
    ‘Really?! That’s awesome, thank you so much Skye! Let me get my money and pay you for everything. And keep me posted on the foal. Cause maybe I do want to buy it as a buddy for Snowy.’
    ‘I promise to keep you updated and if you decide to buy the foal I will guarantee you it will come to you fully trained. Of course that means you’ll have to wait a little longer for you to get the horse but it will save you time as well.’ Skye promised James.
    ‘I’ll let you know as soon as I’ve seen the foal. Thanks again Skye.’ James told her while handing her the money.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-14om194354.png
    Zenyetta's are taking over the garden

Skye headed home with $3551,- in her pocket. Feeling happy that he first training/breeding part was successful. Hopefully it would bring her new stallions and more publicity. On her way home Skye’s phone beeped and when she looked at it, she saw she’d received a text message from James. It said:
    ‘Hey, forgot to tell you I’ll write another article about Snowy and you. Thanks again!’
    Skye decided this must be her lucky day and went home with a huge smile on her face.
  • Options
    cosmiccathorsecosmiccathorse Posts: 1,268 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Enjoying this keep it up! :D
  • Options
    DuckypantsDuckypants Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited June 2012
    This is such a great story! I love how you worked the different stallions into the story! Bookmarking! Oh, and I have two new stallion in my studio, if your interested. One is Seattle, and the other is Stud Muffin.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I'll keep it up. Some more playing today :). Next story will include foal of one of your stallions Duckypants :) And I'll use others aswell. Need to get about 40 more stallions ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    My Snowy and Miss Skye Denali, by James Jameson.
    A couple of weeks ago I wrote an article about a young, brave girl named Skye Denali, who moved here to Appaloosa plains to train and breed horses. I’d promised her I would let her train my stallion Snowy and in return she could breed him with her mare Falcon. I wanted to test her and see what she did with my Snowy. Well let me tell you readers that I didn’t expect what I got.
    When I brought Snowy over to Skye he was totally untrained. I recently bought him and because of my job didn’t have time to train him. Skye had to do all the work when I gave her Snowy. And trust me Snowy wasn’t an easy or trusting horse.
    But a couple of weeks later I got the surprise of my life. Skye and Snowy decided to surprise me at my home, and I almost didn’t recognize my own horse. Skye trained my Snowy, he wasn’t afraid of the saddle anymore, he could race and jump.
    I’m forever grateful for Skye. She trained my horse and in return used him for breeding her Falcon. And the fee I had to pay for Skye training my horse and using him for breeding? Totally worth it, if I ever get another horse which is untrained I’ll send him to Skye with love.
    Now all I have to do is wait for Snowy and Falcon’s foal to be born. I can’t wait and maybe I’ll buy it.
    I will keep everybody updated.

Skye beamed after reading James’ article. ‘He’s an awesome guy writing all these articles for me. I will make sure he can afford Snowy’s foal.’ Skye thought. And started making plans for when the foal would be born. Because right this morning the vet told Skye Falcon was pregnant with foal #6, Snowy’s foal.

Chandler turned out to have received traits from his mom and dad, cause this little guy was agile and fast. He’d make someone an awesome racehorse.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om163628.png

Skye’s heart still beat ten times faster when she sees her neighbor Maxian, but she doesn’t have much time to get to know him better because after selling horses and winning competitions, Skye thought it was time to build her horses a stable. This way they didn’t have to share the old run down shed that came with the property.
    Skye found some workers who promised the stable would be done within a couple of weeks. Skye couldn’t wait.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om170249.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om171758.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om171811.png

Right after the stables were build Falcon gave birth to her 6th foal. She looks like a nice mix of her mom and dad. Skye decided to call her MacDou. Immediately after MacDou was born, Skye called James.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om172435.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om172633.png

‘James Jameson’ Skye heard when James picked up the phone.
    ‘Hey James, Skye here. I’ve got some good news for you! Falcon just gave birth to Snowy’s daughter! I called her MacDou.’
    ‘Wow really! A girl, that’s awesome! I’m going to tell Snowy right away. What does she look like?’
    ‘She’s a mix of her mom and dad. She’s got her mom’s tail and manes but got Snowy’s spots and coloring. She’s absolutely gorgeous. Do you think you could be interested in her?’ Skye decided to ask James right away.
    ‘Well even before she was born I sort of decided I wanted the foal no matter what. So yes I’d love to have her.’
    ‘Awesome! I promise to have her trained before I give her to you, so I guess that means you won’t be getting a foal, but a fully grown mare. Hope you don’t mind?’ Skye promised James.
    ‘No, absolutely not, we’ve already figured out I’m not that good at training horses so I guess I’ll let you do the work and wait for her. Thanks again Skye and we’ll keep in touch.'
    ‘Bye James, talk to you soon.’ Skye said before hanging up.

Schermafbeelding2012-06-13om172812.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-14om112518.png

Skye started training Airbus and she turned out to be an awesome horse who loved to jump and race. Skye liked her a lot and made choice to sell Bandito and keep Airbus for competitions. Skye hated to make this choice but she knew Bandito would find a good home and that in her business horses had to come and go.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-14om112427.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-14om191008.png

Before Skye sold Bandito his son Chandler grew into a stallion, and Skye was happy daddy could be a part of it.
    The day Skye wanted to bring Bandito to the Equestrian Center to sell him, a trailer stopped on the drive way.
    A lady got out and introduced herself as Jackie Budgie.
    ‘I read Mr. Jameson’s story and I needed to check it out for myself. And so I wonder if you would be willing to train my Mr. Darcy. He’s one of my own bred horses.’ Jackie explained.
    ‘I’d love to.’ Skye replied, ‘Can you tell me a bit about Mr. Darcy?’
    ‘Sure, his mother is my own Clydesdale Forsty and his father is Eclipse. So I guess you can say he’s half Clydesdale, Mr. Darcy is agile and fast, but he just needs some more training. And at the moment I don’t have enough time to do it myself.’
    ‘Sounds like a great horse. I’d love to train him and also to use him for one of my foals.’ Skye told Jackie.
    ‘That’s settled then, I’ll pick him up when he’s properly trained.’ With that Jackie opened the trailer and took Mr. Darcy out. ‘There you are.’ She said while handing Skye the reins.
    ‘Thanks, I’ll take good care of him.’ Skye promised.
    With Mr. Darcy on her side she waved goodbye to Jackie.
    ‘Let’s go buddy, I’ll introduce you to my herd.’ Skye told Mr. Darcy and took him to meet her horses.
    (Mr. Darcy is a stallion from Duckypants. You can find him here. Thanks again for Duckypants!! http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5101147)

Schermafbeelding2012-06-14om114932.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-14om190404.png

After Skye was positive Mr. Darcy felt at home she saddled Bandito to ride him one more time and then take him to the Equestrian Center.
    ‘Hey Skye, back again?’ Jennifer greeted Skye.
    ‘Yes, time to sell another horse. He’s not one of my foals, but I trained this guy myself. I got him when he was a foal, but now it’s time to sell him. Could you help me out again?’
    ‘Sure thing, leave him here and I’ll find a home for him in no time. Your name is getting well known around here, and I’ve already got people asking for your horses. Even though Bandito isn’t one of your own foals, I bet he’ll be sold soon.’ Jennifer promised.
    And so Skye left Bandito with Jennifer at the Equestrian Center. Going home alone.

When Skye came home she was a little sad and she decided to keep herself occupied with training Chandler. Chandler turned out to be very easy to train. And Skye entered him in an advanced jumping competition. Skye and Chandler won and Skye knew Chandler would be just as great as Bandito. After that competition Jennifer came towards Skye, waving her arms around.
    ‘Hey Jennifer, what’s up?’ Skye greeted her.
    ‘Hey, Chandler is awesome. What a horse! He really is Bandito’s son. Anyways, what I wanted to tell you, I’ve just sold Bandito and the same buyer would like to buy Chandler as well. If you’d let him.’ Jennifer told Skye smiling.
    ‘What? Really? Ehm well I’m overwhelmed. But you can tell this buyer I’m willing to sell Chandler as well.’
    ‘Okay awesome! I already have Bandito’s money here and I can tell you want he wants to give for Chandler. He’ll pay you tomorrow if that’s okay with you?’ Jennifer told Skye and handed her an envelope.
    ‘Thank you, let me say goodbye to Chandler and then you can take him to his new owner.’ Skye answered and she hugged Chandler goodbye. ‘Be happy boy, and give a kiss to your father.’

Again Skye went home without a horse. But she made a good deal. The new owner of Bandito and Chandler gave her a good sum for both horses. He paid $10245,- for Bandito and $10471,- for Chandler.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-14om200032.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-14om195059.png

A couple of days after Chandler and Bandito were gone Skye bred Mr. Darcy with Falcon. The two got along very well and would hopefully make a nice foal. Falcon turned out to be pregnant with foal#7 and Skye started training Mr. Darcy. Jackie had already called her a couple of times, asking about her stallion. She apparently missed him more then she thought.

Skye decided to look in the paper to look for another horse to use as stallion for one of her foals. She found a lovely foal. A real appaloosa, this was rare according to the shelter. Usually they didn’t get much thoroughbred horses. Skye adopted the little colt and named him Fireball. He’s a fast, genius. MacDou grew up right after Fireball arrived at the stables.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om160830.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om160935.png

Skye started training her right away so she could send her to James. But that was easier said then done. Skye had a very hard time training MacDou, but she wouldn’t give up. She’d get it done no matter what.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om161444.png

A few days after Fireball arrived Falcon gave birth to foal#7, mom and dad were both present when the little colt was born. Skye called him Mr. Ryan, he’s got a lot from his dad, and after seeing Mr. Ryan run around she knew he also received his father’s traits. Mr. Ryan is Agile and fast.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om162112.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om163016.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om163041.png
  • Options
    DuckypantsDuckypants Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited June 2012
    Lol I loved how you wrote Mr. Darcy into the story! And his foal is a cutie for sure! I'm so glad you used one of my old stallions from my first challenge because I was worried they would get forgotten. Feel free to use more of them :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Love this, feel free to use by boys too, although you might have to age some of them up first as I have a habit of uploading foals :D I download all your babies :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Awesome! I will use them and don't worry I don't mind waiting for them to grow up :D Yaay!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Awesome! I will use them and don't worry I don't mind waiting for them to grow up :D Yaay!
    Look forward to it!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Falcon’s foals are getting well known around Appaloosa Plains, and Skye is getting requests from people in and around Appaloosa Plains for foals. For now Skye has at least 2 more requests for foals from Falcon, after that she needs to find another mare for breeding. Falcon is getting older and needs to enjoy her old day. Hopefully Falcon will give birth to another filly because using one of Falcon’s foals for the next round of breeding is better then using a strange mare.
    The last couple of days Skye hasn’t received any stallions for training and breeding. So Skye decided to take Falcon to the Equestrian Center.

As soon as Skye entered the Equestrian Center with Falcon Jennifer came up to her.
    ‘Hey Skye,’ She greeted, ‘what can I do for you?’
    ‘I’m here to breed Falcon with one of the stallions again. You think there is one we haven’t used yet?’
    ‘Sure! Follow me.’ Jennifer said while walking towards the section that holds the stallions. ‘What do you think about this guy? His name is Magpie, he has some good traits but also some that aren’t that great.’ Jennifer said with a grimace.
    ‘Ok spill it, what traits does he have?’ Skye asked.
    ‘Well he tends to be oversensitive, and a little clueless sometimes. He does hate jumping, we’ve never been able to get him to jump, he flat out refuses. But he’s a very neat guy, and he’s a genius, he learns very easy, except jumping.’ Jennifer explained with a wink.
    ‘Well I’ll take my chances with him, or do you have another stallion for me?’
    ‘No I’m sorry we usually have some more, but they are at other Centers to breed. They are supposed to come back in a few days. I can offer them if you don’t mind waiting.’ Jennifer explained.
    ‘Nah I don’t have much time, Falcon is getting older and I still have 2 requests for foals. Like I said let’s take a chance on Magpie. What does it cost me?’ Skye decided.
    ‘It’ll cost you $208,- and if you hand me Falcon we’ll get it done right away.’
    ‘Ok here you go.’ Skye said giving Falcon reins to Jennifer.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om163700.png

After an hour Skye got Falcon back and walked her home. Foal #8 is on it’s way.
    Back home Skye continued training Mr. Darcy and after training him for another couple of hours, she decided to call Jackie Budgie.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om163309.png

‘Jackie here.’
    ‘Hey Jackie, this is Skye. I’ve got good news, Mr. Darcy is trained and his son has been born. He’s ready to go home.’ Skye told Jackie.
    ‘Really, that’s awesome I’ve missed him. Can I pick him up right now?’ Jackie asked.
    ‘Sure, no problem I’m at the ranch I’ll get Mr. Darcy ready and we’ll be waiting for you.’

About thirty minutes after Skye ended the phone call with Jackie, she arrived to pick up Mr. Darcy. They loaded him in the trailer and after Jackie adored Mr. Ryan for a few minutes she took Mr. Darcy home. Skye waved them goodbye, holding an envelope that contained $5750,- for training Mr. Darcy. Jackie apparently was so happy with Skye’s work she promised her she would send her another stallion after a couple of months.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om161408.png

Now that Mr. Darcy is gone, Skye has all the time in the world to train MacDou, and she needs it. This horse is the hardest to train. And James is waiting for her. Skye hopes to get it done in a couple of days.

Now that she doesn’t have any more stallions to train and only MacDou grown up Skye decided to visit Maxian.
    ‘Hey Skye!’ He greeted her.
    ‘Hey Maxian, how are you?’
    ‘Good, finally settled in and I found a job. I’m loving the live here in Appaloosa Plains. Such nice people live here.’ He told her, while giving her a wink.
    ‘Oh ehm yeah very nice people.’ Skye stammered blushing.
    They kept on talking about a lot of stuff and after an hour or so Skye told Maxian it was time for her to go home. ‘I had a great time talking to you again.’ She told him.
    ‘Me too, you know maybe we can go out this Friday?’ He asked her.
    ‘I’d love too, I’ll be at your place at 8pm.’
    ‘Great, see you Friday.’
    That evening Skye went to bed totally happy and with butterflies in her stomach.

The next morning Skye started training MacDou again. She needed to get it done. She’d thought it would be easy to train her, but Skye thought wrong. MacDou is the hardest of her foals to train…
    While Skye was busy training MacDou, Falcon gave birth to foal#8. It was a filly and Skye decided to name her Arrow. Skye was happy with her and decided to keep her to follow in her mother’s footsteps. Arrow would be her next mare, after Falcon retired.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om172150.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om172205.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-15om172221.png

That Friday Skye had a date with Maxian, they went to see a movie and out for dinner. They had a great time and Skye is falling in love with him. She really hopes the feelings are mutual, but she’s afraid of asking him.
    When she got home later that night a gorgeous appaloosa stallion greeted her. It was her own Fireball, who had decided to grow up.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om132153.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om132045.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om160649.png

Again the next morning Skye got up early to train MacDou. This was priority number one at the moment. James was waiting for his mare and Skye needed the space for more foals.
    After two more days and after Mr. Ryan grew into a gorgeous stallion, MacDou was finally trained. Skye brought her to James right away.
    ‘Hey Skye, did she give you a hard time?’ James asked as soon as he spotter her with MacDou.
    ‘Yes, she wasn’t easy to train, but I promise you, you’ll have the best horse in the world right now. She’s fully trained and all yours.’
    ‘Thanks so much Skye.’ James hugged her, ‘This is for you, you deserved it.’ He said while handing her an envelope. ‘If it’s okay with you I’d like to write about you and your horses every once in a while. Like once a month? About the foals and different horses. If you’d like?’ James offered Skye.
    ‘Of course I’d like it! Thanks James you’re the best. Take good care of MacDou and Snowy and I’ll see you soon then. Just stop by on the ranch and we’ll talk while dinking some coffee.’ Skye said, while hugging James goodbye.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om140944.png

On her way home she thought about Falcon’s next foal. She really wanted to breed her mare with Fireball but the two aren’t getting along yet. So Skye had to come up with an alternative.
    Back home she saddled Falcon and again took her to the Equestrian Center to breed her with one of the stallions there.
    This time she chose Earth-Shaker. After Jennifer told her about his traits she had second thoughts, but there weren’t any stallions that she hadn’t already used at the moment. So she had no choice but to breed her mare with the aggressive but quiet and obedient Earth-Shaker. She only hoped the foal wouldn’t turn out to be another Gateway. But she took a chance and had to hope for the best.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om144359.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om143400.png

Back home she put Falcon in her stable and went inside her house to do some dishes. After she was done she remembered James’ envelope, she opened it and saw he gave her $6965,- for MacDou. It was more then they agreed on but James left her a little note. It said:
    Dear Skye,
    Just take it, you deserve it. I’m very happy with how you trained Snowy and I’m sure MacDou will be trained just as good. So don’t complain and just take the money. You did a good job.
    Talk to you soon.
    James.

After reading it Skye laughed at the silly note and decided to listen to James. She would make it up to him some time.

Now that both Fireball and Mr. Ryan grew up Skye had two horses to train. She’d be busy for a while. Hopefully she’d have some time to spend with Maxian. Skye started training Fireball on the cavaletti first. After he was used to the saddle and the cavaletti, Skye thought it was time for Fireball and Falcon to get to know each other a bit better. She wanted them to produce Falcon’s 10th and last foal. So she took a break with training Fireball and started training Mr. Ryan. He turned out to be easy to train and it only took Skye a day or two.

The day before Skye planned on bringing Mr. Ryan to the Equestrian Center Falcon gave birth to her 9th foal. It was another colt and Skye named him Prescott. She immediately called the people that requested one of Falcon’s foals to tell them the foal was born and he would be ready for sale after he grew up and was trained. They were happy and said they didn’t mind waiting. They did ask Skye to sent them some pictures of their new horse.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om153943.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om154054.png

Skye right away took pictures of Prescott and saddled Mr. Ryan to post them. On her way back from the post office she stopped by the Equestrian Center to ask Jennifer if she wanted to sell Mr. Ryan for her.
    ‘Hey Skye, another one of your foals grown up and ready to go?’ She greeted Skye as soon as she spotter her with Mr. Ryan.
    ‘Hey Jennifer, yes meet Mr. Ryan. He’s foal number 7, his father is half Clydesdale, maybe you know him, Mr. Darcy Budgie?’
    ‘Oh isn’t he one of Jackies horses? Yeah I’ve heard of him, well I guess it won’t be a problem selling this guy. You’re starting to make quit a name and I’ve got several people interested in your horses.’
    ‘Wow, serious?’ Skye asked surprised.
    ‘Yes, so you keep on doing your thing and I’ll make sure your horses are sold.’ Jennifer promised.
    With this promise Skye went home with a smile from ear to ear. People loved her foals, had heard about her and were interested in her horses! She couldn’t believe it, but hard work apparently paid off.

Back home Skye noticed Falcon and Fireball spending a lot of time together so she thought it was time to breed them together. There were no problems there and after a few days the vet told her Falcon was pregnant with foal #10.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om150912.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om155710.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om160220.png

That evening Jennifer called Skye telling her she sold Mr. Ryan for $8023,-, right after that Skye called Maxian to ask if he wanted to come in for dinner and a movie. They dated a few times and Skye is hoping he’d ask her to marry him. But for now it seems he’s got cold feet, cause every now and then he tells her she’s going to fast. Skye feels her biological clock ticking and thinks she’s ready to start thinking about kids. But without a husband that’s going to be a challenge.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om152951.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-14om202305.png

That evening after Maxian left Skye decided to call one of the adoption agencies in Appaloosa Plains. For now that was the only way to satisfy her baby whish at the moment. They told her she would qualify and they would start the adoption procedure. It would take a couple of weeks. Skye got excited and slept that night dreaming about a child all her own.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Here you can find:

* Arrow: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5979788 (she's going to be my second mare for foal 10-20)
    * Prescott: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5979790

Enjoy :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I love reading these and adore the offspring :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @ comiccathorse: Thanks :D And in the next update or the one after that, one of your foals will make an appearance! ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @ comiccathorse: Thanks :D And in the next update or the one after that, one of your foals will make an appearance! ;)
    Brilliant! :D Can't wait to see who, i've already been guessing :lol: Can't wait. :P
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The next day Skye woke up happy and looking forward to adopting a child. Thinking about how it would be and what her adopted child would look like Skye walked towards the stables to saddle Fireball and take him for a ride. But boy got she a surprise! During the night Prescott grew up.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om141458.png

Early in the morning Falcon gave birth to her 10th foal. It was another colt, and Skye named him Payson. Mom and Dad were very proud of the little guy. After gawking at Payson for a few more minutes, Skye saddled Fireball to take him for a ride.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om164113.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om164250.png

During her ride through town a girl waved her over.
    ‘Hey, you’re Skye Denali right?’ She asked when Skye stopped and dismounted Fireball.
    ‘Yes, you’ve got that right.’ Skye replied smiling.
    ‘Well ehm, this may sound strange but I wanted to ask you something.’ The girl said blushing.
    ‘What did you want to ask? Don’t worry I won’t get mad or anything.’ Skye tried to reassure the girl.
    ‘Well my mom and dad promised I would get a horse for my 16th birthday. And I’ve ridden my bike past your house several times to look at your horses. And I really love this guy.’ She explained pointing at Fireball. ‘He’s an appaloosa right?’ After Skye nodded in agreement, the girl continued, ‘well I’ve always loved appaloosa’s and I was wondering if you have more where he came from?’ She asked pointing at Fireball again.
    ‘Oh no I’m sorry,’ Skye answered. ‘ Fireball is the only appaloosa I’ve had. I got him from a shelter when he was still a foal and trained him myself. Now that he fathered one of my foals it’s time for him to go. So I’ve got no more appaloosa’s for you.’
    ‘You mean you’re going to sell him?’ The girl asked Skye, all of the sudden she didn’t look happy anymore.
    ‘Yeah I’m afraid so, it’s time for him to find a good home with someone who can give him all the time in the world. I can’t I’ve got several other horses and foals. But you said your parents promised you a horse right?’ Skye asked the girl.
    ‘Yes they did, but my 16th birthday is still 3 months away.’ The girl explained, close to tears it seemed.
    ‘Well let’s talk to your parents. I think we can make sure you get your appaloosa and Fireball will get the home he needs.’ Skye told the girl with a smile and a wink.
    Skye helped the girl in the saddle and then climbed on behind her. Together they rode to the girls house, Skye talked to the parents and they agreed that maybe buying a horse 3 months earlier wasn’t such a bad thing.
    After everything was settled Skye said goodbye to her appaloosa and gave him to his new owner. Skye knew she’d done the right thing. This girl would love her Fireball no matter what. And Skye couldn’t have hoped for a better owner for her horse.
    Skye now had to take a cab home, but she didn’t mind. She made a girl very happy and she gave Fireball a good home. The parents of the girl had paid Skye $8287,- for Fireball.

A few days after Fireball had left the Denali Farm, Skye got a phone call from the adoption agency, telling her they would bring a little girl named Faith to her the next week.
    Skye jumped with joy and then realized she had to get stuff before Faith could live with her. She decided it was time to expand her house and buy baby stuff. While the workmen were working on her home Skye had some though decisions to make. Now that she’d adopted a little girl, she needed to spend more time at home. But with 3 grown horses, a stallion on it’s way to train and the foals on her Farm Skye didn’t think she would be able to manage. This meant she had to make a difficult decision. It was time for Airbus to leave Denali’s Horse Farm. Skye decided to keep her until a day before Faith would arrive and then sell her.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om140654.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om142532.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om142558.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om142551.png

Everything worked out well, the day before Faith arrived the workers were done with her home and Skye had time to redecorate. She decided to put the crib in the study, so that she could reach it easier and Faith could wander around without falling down the stairs. After decorating her almost new home, she went to Airbus. It was time to sell the mare. Skye gave her a good long ride before taking her to the Equestrian Center.
    ‘Selling again Skye?’ Jennifer greeted her when she spotted Skye.
    ‘Yes, but please get her a good home.’ Skye begged Jennifer.
    ‘Sure I will, I promise.’
    And so Skye had to say goodbye to Airbus. The mare pushed her head against Skye’s shoulders pushing her towards the door. It looked like she was saying, ‘just go I’ll be fine’. And so Skye left her with Jennifer and walked home. On her way home Skye wiped away her tears and gave herself a mental shake. She was a horse breeder, selling her horses was part of it. And she would get herself a little girl, and that girl needed her attention! Airbus would find a great home, she told herself.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om140951.png

The next day Skye was a nervous wreck. And she still had to wait the whole morning before Faith would arrive. Luckily she got distracted by the Kristianson family bringing their stallion Never.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om165433.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-19om165444.png

Never would be the sire for Arrow’s first foal. Never was a gorgeous black English Thoroughbred. His owners told Skye he was lazy and oversensitive. But Skye could also see Never was a very brave horse. She only hoped Arrow and Never would be able to get along.
    To kill time Skye led Never around the property and introduced him to the other horses and foals. He seemed to feel at home pretty quick and thus Skye let him go and explore on his own.
    Finally it was time to welcome Faith in to her home. Just before she arrived Skye got a text message from Jennifer, telling her a lovely couple had bought Airbus for $10326,-. This made Skye happy and sad, but all was forgotten when a car stopped on her driveway.
    A lady got out carrying a toddler. It had to be Faith. Skye smiled and told the lady she could put Faith down in the living room. The lady explained some things to Skye and after that she wished her good luck with the little girl and left Skye and Faith alone.
    ‘Hello there little girl.’ Skye crooned at Faith.
    ‘Gahgah!’ Faith said raising her arms to Skye, asking to be lifted.
    Skye bent down to pick up her little girl and started talking nonsense to her, while hugging her close.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om141309.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om141331.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om141351.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om141408.png

Last night Skye spend the whole evening/night with Faith and the next day the two got a long very well. Faith even seemed to like her new home and she settled in good. Faith found some games in the study and Skye decided she could live her girl alone for a little while. So she could have a look at her horses.
    She noticed right away Never and Arrow were getting along slowly, and she could see right away those two would make a great couple.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om163955.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om163958.png

And Skye was right a couple of days later she bred Never and Arrow together. Everything went great and the vet told Skye she could expect Arrow’s first foal soon.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om164541.png

Little Payson, Falcon’s last foal, grew up a few days after Arrow turned out to be pregnant.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om171150.png

Skye divided her time between Faith and her horses. Training Never and taking care of the mares. She also needed to start training Payson, but decided that Never had priority and Payson could stay a little while longer.
    Skye taught Faith how to walk and talk and she potty trained her. While she did that she also had time to train Never and bring him back to his owners. Skye got $5548,- for training Never and told Skye they were very happy with her work.
    Skye also had to find a good place for her old mare Falcon, she decided to call ‘The Home for Old Horses’ to ask if they had space for her. The owners promised to pick up Falcon the next day and Skye was welcome to visit her mare whenever she wanted.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om144257.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om164834.png

With all her horses to train and with taking care of Faith, Skye didn’t have much time to see Maxian, she called him every now and then and they talked over the phone.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om170523.png

He understood Skye was busy and told her they would do something fun when Skye’s life was a bit les hectic.
    Prescott was still at the farm, but he was fully trained. Skye decided to call the people who requested one of Falcon’s foals to ask them if they could pick up Prescott. They told her they would pick him up the same day and this meant Skye had to say goodbye to one of her horses again. Prescott didn’t seem to mind going with his new owners. He gave his mom a head-butt and whinnied his goodbye when he went with his new owners. Skye sold Prescott for $10351,-
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om172245.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-20om172552.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-22om152516.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-22om152531.png

Now with only 3 horses left Skye had time enough to teach Faith and train Payson. Arrow was almost due for her first foal and Falcon was to old to make long trips and thus Payson got a lot of attention from Skye. Skye stayed on the property though; she wanted to stay close so she could help Arrow with her first foal. Skye trained Payson but kept her eyes on Arrow most of the time.
    At some point Arrow started to walk around nervously looking for a soft spot on the grass. Skye new it was time for the mare to deliver her first foal and stayed with her the whole time.
    After a short while Arrow gave birth to her first foal, Skye called her Nessa. The little filly stood quickly and before drinking with her mom she made some funny jumps. Skye new she had a little genius on her property that seemed to be very agile.
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-22om150346.png
    Schermafbeelding2012-06-22om151602.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @ Cosmiccathorse: I'm sorry you have to wait for the next update. But I can tell you the foal has grown up and I'm going to breed with him soon ;) (my game is ahead of my story ;) )

And guys here you can find:

* Payson: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5986636
    * Nessa: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5986633
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    :-) I have patience of a saint. :D
  • Options
    WolfLady74WolfLady74 Posts: 1,032 Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm really enjoying your story! I can't believe it took me so long to find it! I might have to raid your horses at some point for my challenge. You are welcome to any I have in my studio. My foundation sire is an Appaloosa so I have a fair number of them if you ever want another Appaloosa :wink: I like that she adopted a baby. Meeting people and getting to know them is hard since there is so much work with the horses. My person ended up marrying his maid. Hey, she came to the house every day so he didn't have as much trouble getting to know her!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @ Comiccathorse: Now I can be mean and try your patience ;) No don't worry in the next update he'll make his appearance

@ WolfLady74: Thanks for reading and thanks for offering your stallions! I'll have a look at them :) I would be honored if you use some of my stallions, just let me know so I can see what becomes of them!