Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to download Overwatch by Nraas?

So my Sims 3 started to get laggspikes after I played some days.
I was told to delete my Cache.Package in my main directory and download Overwatch mod by Nraas.

I have no idea where what and where my main directory is (is it Electronic Arts in documents) or where to find the Cache.Package.

I have allways played with a clean Sims-client, so I don't know anything of downloading mods for Sims.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.30 GHz
RAM: Corsair Dominator DHX DDR3 1600MHz 8GB
Graphic-card: XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 "Dual Fan"
Driver: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3.5", Dual processor
Motherboard: ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, Socket-AM3

Comments

• Options
    XxIAmTheReaperxXXxIAmTheReaperxX Posts: 205 Member
    edited June 2012
    I used to be really confused by the whole Cache thing too, but it's really quite straightforward. I'm on a Windows laptop so I don't know what it'd be like on a Mac.

Go into 'My Computer', then into 'My Documents', open 'Electronic Arts' and from there select 'The Sims 3'.

At the bottom of the first column, delete 'CASPartCache.package', 'compositorCache.package', 'scriptCache.package', 'simCompositorCache.package' and 'socialCache.package'.

I don't think you HAVE to delete them all, those are the ones I delete.

As for mods - go to Google and type in 'nraas', the first result should be the right one. All the mods are down the left hand side of the page in a list and each one is explained and detailed instructions are there too.

Be warned, you must update each mod every time a patch is released for the game or they won't work.

I hope this helps!!
  • Options
    XxIAmTheReaperxXXxIAmTheReaperxX Posts: 205 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oh!! You can also go into the 'WorldCaches' folder and delete everything in there :).

It's all renewed when you start your game up again :).
  • Options
    HgrafsHgrafs Posts: 18 New Member
    edited June 2012
    So I deleted all the caches files you told me, except World.cache because I wasn't able to find it.

I'm having som trouble downloading the mod.
    First I tried with monkeyhelper, but got the message "No Framework Found", or so.
    Then I tried to install it manually, but I can't find the folder when I put the file.
    I use Winrar to extract.
  • Options
    katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited June 2012
    The monkey helper has been outdated for a long time, at least a year or two. Try following these instructions to the letter.

When you download a new mod, just drop the .package file into the Packages folder (or a subfolder if your resource.cfg allows them). Voila, mod installed.

After that, clearing your caches will make sure that the game reads the mods rather than falling back on old code.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Where is the .packages folder?

Is it in "Documents -> Electronic Arts" or "Disk E -> Orign -> Sims 3 Generations"?
  • Options
    AliseAG8AliseAG8 Posts: 37
    edited June 2012
    ^ should be: Documents/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/ Mods
  • Options
    katana_xkatana_x Posts: 1,163 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Hgrafs wrote:
    Where is the .packages folder?

Is it in "Documents -> Electronic Arts" or "Disk E -> Orign -> Sims 3 Generations"?

Read the instructions I linked for you and it will all make perfect sense.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I don't have a mod folder, and I don't know how to make it.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited June 2012
    You really need to look at the info that Katana_x linked for you - it explains how to add the mod folder and how to download the packages. It's what I used to get started, and it's very helpful. Now I have several Nraas mods in my game, and it's running much better.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.