Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A House With A Granny Flat - Build Contest - CLOSED - Everyone GIFTED!

Comments

• Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited June 2012
    Page 3
    poppy99999 - checked cc free :D
    Homeworker - checked cc free :D

Page 4
    kovu0207 - checked cc free :D

Page 5
    fruggs - checked cc free :D

Page 6
    Docusat - checked cc free :D

Page 7
    SoupahReo - checked cc free :D
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2012
    Page 3
    poppy99999 - checked cc free :D
    Homeworker - checked cc free :D

Page 4
    kovu0207 - checked cc free :D

Page 5
    fruggs - checked cc free :D

Page 6
    Docusat - checked cc free :D

Page 7
    SoupahReo - checked cc free :D

Aww you don't have to keep checking, but it's very kind of you to do so. :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    player17amandaplayer17amanda Posts: 328 Member
    edited June 2012
    The Sparrows View Castle
    player17amanda
    This mini castle sits in a wooded area, perfect for privacy, peace and quiet. This ambitious build strives to be majestic and quaint. Ideal for a small family with a big imagination, the castle look out includes a stargazer, easel and sitting area, great for a romantic chat or intellectual pursuits or even artistic expression.

Screenshot-9.jpg?t=1339855750
    The main floor includes large kitchen dining and living spaces for entertaining guests, a half bath with laundry, loads of greenery and antique spiral staircases throughout.
    Screenshot-34.jpg?t=1339856344
    The upstairs has a small study, nursery with its own bathroom and a master bed and bath included.
    Screenshot-35.jpg?t=1339856651
    There is also an in-law cabin located in the back corner of the property that includes one bedroom and one bathroom, reading nook, living area, kitchenette and its own patio next to the stocked pond. There are also fresh harvestables to encourage time outdoors and healthy eating.
    Screenshot-57.jpg?t=1339857159

Screenshot-63.jpg?t=1339857676

http://s1061.photobucket.com/albums/t467/player17amanda/Skys%20Granny%20Flat/?albumview=slideshow
    I tried to fit in a bit of the pics but I posted the slideshow link just in case..

Finally got it uploaded,, sorry for the delay,, kidds have been crazy with a new puppy. :wink::wink:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5937109

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Wow a castle, brilliant build. :o But that's a lot of room for just 3 people :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah I got way carried away,, :wink::wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah I got way carried away,, :wink::wink:

Grins you don't say :D I'm impressed its on a 40x40 lot tho, my castles always seem to need bigger lots. :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oh! We have entries already! :D Sorry guys I can't look yet, it was enough I saw the word castle! :shock: I have to figure out what to do with the backyard...I'm stuck. :? For now.
  • Options
    NicoleDisneyNicoleDisney Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited June 2012
    Cruze Lodge Official Entry

Creator's Name/Users Name: NicoleDisney.

Name of the House/Lot: Cruze Lodge.

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5933453

Description: This Tudor Lodge was renovated in 2012 by Christopher Kolines and his fiancee Claire; by splitting the old house into the main lodge and a Granny Annex. The house consists of two seperate gardens, kitchens and a total of four spacious bedrooms. This house is perfectly located at the edge of Hidden Springs, and the couple share it with Claire's mother Rose. They all hope that as time goes by, and as their family continues to grow, the house turns into their forever home.

Pictures:

Christopher Kolines thought this location at the edge of Hidden Springs was perfect for his and Claire's forever home. The mountains at the back of the house offered the perfect seclusion for the gardens, ensuring they were not overlooked:
    Screenshot-64.jpg
    Claire took a helicopter trip to take a series of aerial photographs for Christopher's birthday which luckily fell just a week after the house was completed:
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    The Annex is decorated in a coffee and cream style with country inspired decor:
    Screenshot-36.jpg
    The kitchen in the main lodge was a real labour of family love and was installed by Christopher's father John in addition the cabinets were created by his brother Daniel. Christopher's family own a building company which means he is no stranger to DIY:
    Screenshot-43.jpg
    Whilst in the Annex the kitchen has a country feel but comes complete with modern appliances such as a deep fryer and coffee machine:
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Rose wasted no time in creating a wonderful garden full of fruit and vegetables all watched over scarecrow called John after her husband:
    Screenshot-61.jpg
    Whilst the garden in the main house is more traditional, including a luxury hot tub and hundreds of flowers:
    Screenshot-53.jpg
    The interior of the house was mainly left to Claire who took great delight in furnishing each of the rooms. her personal favourite was the three bedrooms in the main house each of which was inspired by a theme, she espcially loves the Regency inspired guest bedroom:
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Meanwhile Christopher's favourite room is the den, which is situated on the second floor of the main house and is the perfect home for his table football game and his retro gumball machine:
    Screenshot-6.jpg

The house was a real triumph for Christopher and Claire and also offers Rose her own space close to her only daughter. When the house was completed Rose hired a professional photographer who composed a portfolio of the house which can be found here:

http://s1161.photobucket.com/albums/q508/NicoleDisney7/Cruze Lodge/?albumview=slideshow

Additional Notes: I hope you have all enjoyed looking round the house as much as Christopher and his family enjoyed building it. Christopher, Claire and Rose hope that one day you find yourself in your forever home just like they have...Thank you for visting if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will ask Christopher if he can answer them. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    NicoleDisney - WOW :shock: What a brilliant entry. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thank you Kovu :D I really enjoyed building it, and it's currently my active house. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thank you Kovu :D I really enjoyed building it, and it's currently my active house. :)

I can see why, it looks wonderful, I may have to download it :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oh my simply stunning entries guys!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Skymyst wrote:

Owww thank you. I am actually so glad I entered this as I am loving playing my current sim in the house. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Skymyst wrote:

I agree some of them are amazing :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Just a quick update to let you know I reworked the prizes with Blythe's 1000 point sponsor here is the way the new prizes will work.

Prizes

As always prizes are given as gifts off you wishlist. You can share you points with a friend, give them all away or treat yourself – just please include wishlist and details when claiming prizes.

1st Place - 1000 Points
    2nd Place - 600 Points
    3rd Place - 500 Points
    4rd Place - 400 Points
    5rd Place - 300 Points
    6rd Place - 200 Points

Currently Prize Pool
    As always prizes will never go down but can go up if I get sponsors.
    1. Skymyst – 2000 Points
    2. Blythe - 1000 Points
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Skymyst wrote:
    Just a quick update to let you know I reworked the prizes with Blythe's 1000 point sponsor here is the way the new prizes will work.

Prizes

As always prizes are given as gifts off you wishlist. You can share you points with a friend, give them all away or treat yourself – just please include wishlist and details when claiming prizes.

1st Place - 1000 Points
    2nd Place - 600 Points
    3rd Place - 500 Points
    4rd Place - 400 Points
    5rd Place - 300 Points
    6rd Place - 200 Points

Currently Prize Pool
    As always prizes will never go down but can go up if I get sponsors.
    1. Skymyst – 2000 Points
    2. Blythe - 1000 Points

Oww thanks for the update, and those are some very generous prizes you're both amazing :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Sorry Liamed. :(
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited June 2012
    Watching this contest with interest, I love homes that have space for multiple generations. Especially when there's room for them without them stepping on each other's toes. ^_^
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    KLorelei wrote:
    Watching this contest with interest, I love homes that have space for multiple generations. Especially when there's room for them without them stepping on each other's toes. ^_^

Oww this is the place for you :D I bet you will find a great house to download. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Cruze Lodge Official Entry

Creator's Name/Users Name: NicoleDisney.

Name of the House/Lot: Cruze Lodge.

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5933453

Custard Checked - clean
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Though I do not download CC I had a lot of trouble with the exchange sending it into my game, so it is a relief to know I am custard free, thank you Msrednotdead. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It's so generous of you to check the entries MsRed :D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ok links have been added to the main page and those cleared in Custard should have the Smile Face by it.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Hey there Sky,,

Im sorry it took me so long to get my entry straight,, I had to edit a few times. We got a lab puppy this week and my kids are super excited and all over the poor little thing.

I hope I remembered everything this time around, if not please let me know and Ill get right on it,,

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Sparrows View Castle
    player17amanda
    This mini castle sits in a wooded area, perfect for privacy, peace and quiet. This ambitious build strives to be majestic and quaint. Ideal for a small family with a big imagination, the castle look out includes a stargazer, easel and sitting area, great for a romantic chat or intellectual pursuits or even artistic expression.

Custard Checked - Clean :D