Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for new expansions and your favourite EP so far

grapestargrapestar Posts: 288 New Member
i just thought it would be cool to see what everyones fav EP was and if anyone had any ideas for new EPs , sorry if anyone has done this before...

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    edited June 2012
    I can't say I have a favorite.

Each EP has brought features I like, but each one also have features that disappoint on one level or another. I think the exception might be Pets. It's a step up from TS2 Pets, but Pets isn't an EP that I was craving the most.

I want an EP that focuses on bringing more life to the town.

Townlife:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/399835.page
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LOLitzmeLOLitzme Posts: 485 Member
    edited June 2012
    Late Night is definitely my favourite EP, I love the town and bars and such :3

I'm, completely out of ideas for new EPs though, not so great with coming up with that sort of thing.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited June 2012
    I would like a "days out" expansion pack with theme parks, zoo's, sea life centres, space museums etc :D
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    StarVega97StarVega97 Posts: 138
    edited June 2012
    My fav EP is pets!

I have lots of ideas but my top 3 are:

BAND TIME (peopel can form bands. Classical, School choir, Rock band, etc...)

SEASON if they dotn have it already (Allow weather)

JUNGLE AND ZOO (Allow jungles/Zoos and allow to join a Zoo profession)
  • Options
    Cate_0014Cate_0014 Posts: 765 New Member
    edited June 2012
    my favourite is pets!

i would LOVE a water park expansion pack or a theme park!
  • Options
    Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited June 2012
    fav. generations
    would love seasons
  • Options
    AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited June 2012
    I guess my two favorite EPs are Ambitions and Generations, although I like each of the released EPs in a different way and I bought them all.
    My hope is that Seasons mixed with Freetime will come after the magic EP, and maybe university after that.. I really miss those.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited June 2012
    Tony89 wrote:
    fav. generations
    would love seasons

Ditto :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited June 2012
    2011simone wrote:
    I would like a "days out" expansion pack with theme parks, zoo's, sea life centres, space museums etc :D

Ohhh, and to make it complete they could bundle it with Seasons! :D
  • Options
    cutiecheekscutiecheeks Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    i would like a weekend ep with like museums, waterparks,carnivals, zoo's, aquariums and things but also with seasons put into it aswell so that your sim would go certain places on sunny days and certain places on cold days :D:D
    i hope they do this, thanks :)
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Favorite is probably pets.

I'd like seasons
  • Options
    goofhead1goofhead1 Posts: 7,282 New Member
    edited June 2012
    My faves are late night and pets and showtime
    I like Late night because you can make bands and pets cause of the horses, I also like showtime because of the new stuff.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Ahh wicked I never thought of a zoo EP that would be fun . The only new ep/stuff packs I could think of were seasons (of course) with inflatable pools and stuff like that. And like a party stuff pack with bouncy castles ,punch and Judy,circus tricks,presents and decorations etc , it would make the party's soo much more fun .

There the only ones I've really thought into but got a hudge list of things I would like to see in Eps or even sims 4 ....

Cleaning products eg. Vaccums, make kids clean there rooms
    Wedding destination church,registery office with vicars
    Summer stuff (maybe with seasons) can get sun burnt , water fights etc.
    Medical stuff wheel chairs,flu and so on

So yeah not really thought about it hahaha
  • Options
    iyhareholman1iyhareholman1 Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2012
    My Favourite EP is Pets

would love to have:

Holiday destinations for the whole family
    Seasons
    University

• Options
    SoretooliSoretooli Posts: 233 New Member
    edited June 2012
    My favourite EP would have to be Late Night. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    i would love see weather were there is floding earthquakes fire out breaks etc , a church to get married in and to hold funerals in , gift giving parties , dinner parties ,neighbour hood festivals for each season , new jobs like vet, model , backup dancer / famous dancer , if parents divorce the kids will go back and fort from the parents house until there young adults and then they stay in which ever household is yours ( from monday - friday there in the mothers and saturday - sunday in the fathers ) , go swimming in the ocean , sickness's that sims could die from if not treated and a day out ep i think all of these would make the game more real and even more amazing
  • Options
    LakrossLakross Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Grapestar teehee interesting word combo. Now I want fruit roll-ups or gushers.

My favorite EP is Latenight; added vampires and clubs, and I can never play the Sims without it. Wish the clubs were a lil' bit wilder but I did see a ghost come out of nowhere and dance with one of my sims; not what I mean though :lol:

I would want a store EP with Malls and gas stations and various stores including toy stores. Really wish I could see in the grocery stores :|
  • Options
    breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited June 2012
    You know I want seasons,and I like Pets the most.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Grapestar teehee interesting word combo. Now I want fruit roll-ups or gushers.

haha there is SOME logic behind the name lol, my brother couldnt say my name when we were little so instead of calling me grace he called me grape and when i was at school they gave out prizes that everyone would vote for and i won little miss star 3yrs running and the name stuck haha .
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited June 2012
    My favorite EP from the start has been Ambitions. :thumbup:

When WA came out I was like: FABULOUS! All of the sims I play with are Asian anyway, so I really like the Shang Simla portion of the game! But I wasn't all that interested in the Egyptian-French aspects, so I just loaded my game up with free Asian-themed CC creations and kind of forgot about WA for a while and didn't buy it. But I really wanted the autumn-colored Build Mode trees.

Then AMB came out and it was love at first sight. First there's the Fog Emitter, which gives your lot the illusion of seasonal weather like rain and snow effects, leaves falling, bubbles rising, fire, clouds, birds, rats, waterfalls... Then there's the simbot and inventing, which was PERFECT for my steampunk sims. Then there's the new Careers, which I REALLY wanted, since letting sims go into a rabbithole to work is just lamelamelame. Then there was the Build Mode swamp plants, which I REALLY liked, cuz the base game plants were just TOO bright and green and vibrant, and not good at ALL for spooky lots. So when I heard Origin had a sale going on to get EPs for half off I immediately got AMB first chance I got! I installed the game, loaded it up, and nearly cried with happiness--NO LIE. EA: AMB made me SO happy: THANK YOU. :oops: :thumbup:

Ambitions is still my fave EP (I now have WA and LN, too (btw, I HATE Late Nite, and wish I would have got GEN instead--the vampires are LAMER than lame and there's no Dracula tux or coffin included--WTH!?! :x )).

I hear that the next EP, Supernatural, is coming out this fall, so that might very well bump AMB to 2nd place for me, if EA does a good job.

With us finally getting a magical EP for the first time in almost 10 years, my immediate want are satisfied, so the EP I'm looking forward to next is:

TimeTraveller EP! :mrgreen:
    I want a steampunk-vintage style EP, I really do. :oops: Some sort of mesh of The Time Machine meets Van Helsing meets League of Extraordinary Gentlemen meets Mary Poppins--a new world set in the Victorian Era/Industial Age/anywhere between 1800-1910 where sims can be engineers and grease monkeys and wrench wenches and wear safety goggles and carry pocket watches and tip their hats to ladies in the streets wearing big poufy skirts and too-tight corsets. :mrgreen: They can ride in streetcars instead of taxis, and pennyfarthings instead of bicycles, and motorwagens and Ford Model-Ts instead of cars.

The premise of the new EP would be that, like in WA, sims can travel and explore new worlds with new tombs and adventures. But instead of booking vacations for exploration's sake, sims are now travelling for te saae of science and new discoveries in the fields of anthropology, medicine, and engineering/machinery/industrial feats. They do not call on the phone anymore to book vacation trips. Instead, they build time machines, and based on the level of engineering the sims have (instead of visa levels), that determines the strength of the time machine to let them stay for longer or shorter periods.

Like WA, there are 3 new 'adventure/exploring' worlds:

Past: A new period world/historical setting, like Medieval/Viking Age Europe, or better yet: Italian Renaissance (esp. Venice/Naples/Florence/Rome) :thumbup: . The sims all dres up like frikkin Shakespeare characters and talk endlessly about the new fields of science like botany and aerial flight travel (some Leonardo da Vinci technology) and like the DaVinci code there are hidden clues all over Sim-Italy that lead to hidden tombs and vaults going all the way back to the middle ages where you can unover secret treasures of sim knights and heroes and uncover the old lore of blahblahblah.

Present: the Film-Nior 1920-30s vintage jazz age era, in a metropolis like Chicago or NYC, with old style highrises and skyscrapers, townhouses, and slums. Like that episode of Star Trek Next Generation where Captain Picard gets addicted to the film nior city holodeck, your sims have to explore the city by reading grafitti and old ads on the sides of buildings, talk to people in bars/pubs, arm wrestle, haggle with bouncers, beat them at gambling in order to make them give up town secrets (hee hee hee--new set at the Store; so exited! :mrgreen: ) and rescue damsels of distress from vice lords and burglars trying to rob banks that have underground vaults full of hidden riches dating back to the time of the frikkin freemasons or illuminati like in the National Treasure films or something. :lol: Museums, banks, schools, stuff like that, all hold interesting new places to explore. They have to get past obscacles like James Bond with dodging the red lasers and drink potions that make them invulnerable to this and that and whatever.

Future: some sort of I Am Robot meets The Island futuristic setting where sims can drive around in hovercars and hoverbikes and talk to the leading scientists of the new age about new chemicals, oil and petrols and electricity to upgrade from kerosene lamps to LED lights. :lol: They have to get past obstacles like James Bond with dodging the red lasers and drink potions that make them invulnerable to this and that and whatever.

So that's the next EP I'd like, for sure! :thumbup:
    I think I'm going to make a new thread. :lol:
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited June 2012
    World Adventures in TS3.
    Makin'Magic in the whole The Sims series. :)