Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

★★★ MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTE ★★★ Share your related creations here! ★★★

I'm not a veteran, but my grandfather served in WWII, and the town I live has a large number of active military men and women. So, in honor of those past and present who gave their all for us, this is my small way of saying, "THANK YOU!"

Happy-Memorial-day-weekend-2010.gif
wB2Zykl.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mattnjenn05mattnjenn05 Posts: 2,627 Member
    edited May 2012
    That house is gorgeous. Going to leave rec!! .

I would like to say thank you to all the brave men and women for protecting our country. May all the fallen soldiers rest in peace and may their families find comfort in knowing their loved ones died as heros whether they died while on duty or after. Thank you! I would like to say a special thank you to a young family friend who recently passed away from my home town. Private first class Dustin.
    This video I posted before on my page was shot by CNN in my home town this man (we call him the flag man) travels all over the country to fallen soldiers funerals and places American flags along the funeral procession route. What he does is nothing short of amazing The Flag Man
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited May 2012
    WOW! Jenn, that was so moving...thanks for sharing with those of us who missed it before. We should all be so respectful and thankful to those who stand up for our freedoms. HUGS :wink:
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited May 2012
    thank you for this video mattnjenn i wa sglad to see a place to send a donation to the flag man i would'nt have know about him but for your video

@itguyinsc thank you for the this thread who gave their all for us thank you
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited May 2012
    Back to the front. :-)
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for doing this hon. I did a makeover on my sim Natalie, because I thought that she was kind of vintage looking. My hubby and I are vets and I would like to thank you for this tribute thread. Here's some pics of her makeover. Her makeover is to honor the women of the WWII Army corps. :D

Screenshot-17-13.jpg
    Screenshot-18-13.jpg
    Screenshot-15-12.jpg
    Screenshot-16-13.jpg
    Screenshot-13-15.jpg
    Screenshot-14-14.jpg
    Screenshot-9-30.jpg
    Screenshot-10-22.jpg

Happy Memorial Day! :mrgreen:
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited May 2012
    Living in a country that almost got annihilated during WWII causes one to think more often about this kind of stuff... I'm grateful that we made it, in part thanks to people like your grandfather, itguyinsc :)

Happy Memorial Day :D

@ itguyinsc: I love your Liberty Lane house :D Lovely colour scheme :wink:

@ Sheba: Natalie looks fantastic! You really managed to give her that 1940's feel :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Tojax wrote:
    Living in a country that almost got annihilated during WWII causes one to think more often about this kind of stuff... I'm grateful that we made it, in part thanks to people like your grandfather, itguyinsc :)

Happy Memorial Day :D

@ itguyinsc: I love your Liberty Lane house :D Lovely colour scheme :wink:

@ Sheba: Natalie looks fantastic! You really managed to give her that 1940's feel :)
    Thank you sweetie and that's so wonderful that you feel that way about your country. I wish that more people in my country felt that way. @Itguy- That home is amazing hon. Thank you so much for sharing it. :D **Hugs**
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited May 2012
    8) I haven't had time to create much these days besides patterns due to RL and major headaches, but I would love to share something with you all that I created back in sims 2 for our awesome vets, and is still in my sims 2 studio. I didn't create it until the 4th of July, but it was dedicated to our troops ;) And I was so proud of this lot as it was the most difficult one I ever created. I so wish I could recreate this in sims 3, but that won't be possible seeing as we are limited to just 5 flipping stories and this lot has 8 (and all fully accessable). Everyone swore I would get featured for this one, but never did and it was badly downrated the next day. That is when I began to lose interest in the exchange. I think I uploaded a few more lots and then went to TSC2 as a resident artist and left the ts2 exchange behind me for good.

This is the poem I shared along with the lot over at the Simposium at Sterlingsims2:

America
    by, Max The Poet ©1998

I am America, land of the free,
    home of the brave, I am all accepting,
    I am strength for those who are weak,
    I am kind and never rejecting.

My fields yield fruits of plenty,
    My mountains are most beautiful,
    In every way, my earth is fertile,
    I am food for the hungry.

I am refuge from oppressors,
    I am steady and true,
    I embody freedom, as my spirit,
    I am peace to all of you.

And where there is hatred and war,
    Swiftly, I will nurture peace,
    I will stand and for freedom fight,
    I will be, a great protective fleece.

I am America, the beautiful,
    Embrace me and all that I give,
    I will be justice for all who seek freedom,
    I am America.

Copyright By ~ Max the Poet ~

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=387153&asset_type=lot&user_id=2016888

usr_image_1.jpg

usr_image_2.jpg

http://thesims2.ea.com/sims2_exchange/lot/53/387153/usr_image_3.jpg

Hope you all enjoy seeing this and maybe someday I can recreate it if EA ever gets on the same page as us all :roll:

huggies
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited May 2012
    Wow, stunning creations everyone. :shock:

I don't have anything war-related but here are some pics of my Sims at a memorial for their lost loved ones.
    Screenshot-8142.jpg
    Screenshot-8152.jpg

Later, they shared memories of those they lost, which helped to bring some closure.
    Screenshot-8257.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    WOW! You guys have begun my morning with misty eyes. Each of your creations and words of honor are so inspiring! Thanks so much for taking the time to share. I agree with Sharon that more people should share their gratitude for those who have taken a stand for us!

Have a blessed Sunday everyone :wink:
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    StephBEStephBE Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited May 2012
    What a great tribute by everyone here on the thread. My parents were a lot older when they got me and my dad was in the RAF in WW2. Great idea for a thread!! :D

btw itguyinsc if you don't want to accept my FR can you just decline it so I'm not pending. I won't be offended, thank you.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    StephBE wrote:
    What a great tribute by everyone here on the thread. My parents were a lot older when they got me and my dad was in the RAF in WW2. Great idea for a thread!! :D

btw itguyinsc if you don't want to accept my FR can you just decline it so I'm not pending. I won't be offended, thank you.

Thanks for the FR, sweetie! Thanks for stopping by the Tribute thread also..HUGS
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Support2.jpg
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Special thanks to my grandpa for his brave service in WW2 and his continued support of the armed forces during his lifetime. Love you!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for doing this hon. I did a makeover on my sim Natalie, because I thought that she was kind of vintage looking.

Screenshot-18-13.jpg

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get her jacket, please? :oops: I love that ouftit, and se looks great as a vintage sim! :thumbup:

Also, I didn't make it for Memorial Day specifically, but a little while ago an army wife asked me to make some army tattoos for her and I made some. If anyone's interested, they're Free at my TSR page here:
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/murfeel/downloads/details/category/sims3-sets-makeup/title/army-tattoos-set--request/id/1142650/
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for sharing, everyone!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @murfeel- I love those tattoos. Her jacket is the riding jacket from pets I believe. :D
    YShQCz1.png