Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Site Down

I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place for this but...

My browser of choice is Safari. The last couple of days, I've been getting the Site Down placeholder when I visit the Store. However, it works fine in Firefox and Internet Explorer. Anyone else experiencing this? It's kind of weird.
"This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin

Comments

• Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place for this but...

My browser of choice is Safari. The last couple of days, I've been getting the Site Down placeholder when I visit the Store. However, it works fine in Firefox and Internet Explorer. Anyone else experiencing this? It's kind of weird.

I'm having the problem for the forum, as well as the store. I usually use Firefox, and have been experiencing the same difficulties with it, that you describe. Sometimes Safari will work, like today, when Firefox won't. Sometimes, both of them won't work on my Mac, but I can get the page, the first try, on my iPad Safari. To make it even more complex, sometimes, none of those work, but I can get the forum on my PC, in Firefox. One time, the only thing that worked was IE, on my PC. Nothing is consistent. I just have to keep trying all of them, because one will work one day, and the other, the next.

Same internet connection, for the Mac, PC, and iPad. Same time period, when one will work, and the others won't. It makes absolutely no sense, whatsoever.

I did not have this problem, until very recently. I'm not even going to try to figure out what is happening ...
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited May 2012
    That's exactly what I'm experiencing, and it only started a few days ago. It's just the store for me though - the forums seems to be fine.
  • Options
    Darksim8Darksim8 Posts: 784 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I use Safari too and I get Liam popping up every time I would go to post something on here. Now it's not doing it as much, don not know what is up. :?
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2012
    Try deleting the browser cache. Usually works for me when the whole forum is liam'd
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Samalama_48Samalama_48 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I had the same problem and I was able to fix it! Click on Safari, then Preferences, Security, Show Cookies, and delete them all. I also emptied the Cache and cleared my browsers history. It should work fine after that! I just fixed it today
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited May 2012
    Cool I'll try it. Hopefully it will get rid of Liam from my launcher too. :P