Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant wishes for Jam with, karoke with, and pillow fight with (a sim)

Since Showtime my sims are constantly getting wishes to Jam with (a sim), Sing Karoke with (a sim), and Pillowfight with (a sim).

I get these wishes (all 3 of them) for every sim that comes anywhere near my active sim (and some sims that are not near - like sims from China, Egypt, France).

I feel like I am constantly right-clicking on the wishes box to cancel these so that I might get some other wishes that I do want.

If I do not keep cancelling (right-clicking) them, then I miss seeing other wishes that I DO want to keep.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there any way to fix it?

ETA: My sims are in China right now and still getting these wishes constantly. There is not even a karoke machine in China.

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hmm.. not having this issue. *Shrugs*
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    BlaZZingBrunetteBlaZZingBrunette Posts: 104
    edited May 2012
    :) Hi, I am experiencing the same issue as you. However, with the exception that I am getting other wishes as well; after I click off the pillow fight, jam, and karoke. It used to bother me at first but now I just click and go onto the next wish. I do hope that your issue as well as mine is resolved. Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    KaneMagusKaneMagus Posts: 20 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Performing thread necromancy here because I am currently having this exact issue.

It seems like literally every twenty to thirty seconds or so, my sims keep getting these same wishes over and over and over, and I'm constantly having to clear them out of the wish box. It's incredibly obnoxious. The weird thing for me is that it seems to be happening only with sims from China, France, or Egypt. Local sims never seem to be the focus of these wishes.

I have all of the expansion packs installed up through University Life, and none of the Stuff Packs.
  • Options
    TheSims2ExpanderTheSims2Expander Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    I kinda have this problem too. It's really annoying, actually, even though I can just click them away. Often times, I find that if my sim has just become friends with a sim, the wishes to Jam and Pillow fight with them show up. I've never had a Sing Karoke with one, though.
  • Options
    KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited June 2013
    I get mostly "Wants to Jam With," "Sing Karaoke With," or "Take Photo in Photo Booth With," but that doesn't bother me. I got used to right clicking them and much more annoyed whenever a Celeb Sim gets some crap rumor gets put up about them and wanting to be friends with 20+ other Sims again. :/

Edit: Even though it's constant, it's sort of realistic. When I go to events and meet new peeps, I often want to at least maybe have lunch with each of them at least once! x)
  • Options
    KaneMagusKaneMagus Posts: 20 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Here's a minor update on this (even through I'm not sure if there's a point, given that it's pretty clear by now that EA simply doesn't care about fixing bugs like this or the many, many others that still plague this game and have done so for literally years now).

I'm still having this issue, and it seems like it only happens with Sims that are visiting from another map. At first that was only France, China, and Egypt, but now it has expanded to include the University Life map and the Into the Future map. When Sims from any of these secondary maps that are known to your player Sims visit your local map, you constantly get these unending wishes to interact with them with karaoke or pillow fighting or whatever. Cancelling the wishes doesn't help at all, because they just reappear again a few seconds later. It is incredibly irritating.
  • Options
    ZelionDrakeZelionDrake Posts: 26
    edited March 2014
    ^ what he said i think the issue stems from the fact foreign sims travel to and fro quite frequently as to make sure you have a chance to talk with them etc. and i guess "your sims" aka the AI gets so excited they are back they always want to jam with them before they are gone and thats why i think this happens. now the only solution i currently have without mods like friendship mods and stuff is to turn on testingcheats and then invite them over and either starve them or make them die of old age because most of them are just randomly generated so you can feel less bad about it XD
  • Options
    mikedalyjmikedalyj Posts: 2 New Member
    I have this problem with too, though not as bad - it seems around 9 am when foreign sims arrive in town, any that are friends with my sims will generate these wishes. The game hangs for about 30 seconds while it's figuring out who the new tourists are. In my case, once I cancel the wishes they're gone for that days at least.

I haven't done this, but the surest fix would probably be to save your household in edit town, then start a new game with that household. That way they won't have those relationships anymore, so the wishes should stop appearing. They would lose all their in-town relationships as well though.
  • Options
    savagemamasavagemama Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2015
    I dont have any towns that can be traveled to and have never had this problem. I do however get "jam with ___" over and over and over if my Sim receives any music skill in any instrument. Everyone they come near, they want to jam with. Like a true musician I guess lol! And for some reason every time I have a baby, one of my 1st wishes is to take a photo in the photobooth with them!