Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you start the game without launcher? Please help...

I've read (here) that you can start the game without going through the launcher but I can't figure it out. Everything I try just opens the launcher again. My launcher isn't working and I wanna play my game! :cry:

Thanks for any help, M.G.

Comments

• Options
    Longcat123Longcat123 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited May 2012
    Try going to your list of hard disk drives (it should be located under computer, assuming you have windows) and click on the one that has the icon of the Sims 3. I think that starts it up automatically, but I don't really want to test because I don't feel like playing the sims 3 right now. Let me know if this works :)
  • Options
    GWDoddGWDodd Posts: 945
    edited May 2012
    There's an executable in the game installation directory you can use that bypasses the launcher.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited May 2012
    I use the Custom Launcher from ModTheSims. You couild also use CC Magic from MTS but I have issues with it sometimes. Be careful, however. If you have Showtime, it requires the EA Launcher to be running in the background in order to SimPort.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    edited May 2012
    I just pinned the game to my start bar or task bar or whatever it's called in Windows.
  • Options
    perleroseperlerose Posts: 248 Member
    edited May 2012
    Just create a shortcut to the actual executable file (.exe) and double click that to play.
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks everyone for your replies. Longcat, when I tried your suggestion, if I did it right, it opened the launcher. I'm quite computer illiterate and I may have messed up!

Thanks again :!:
  • Options
    Brianna123Brianna123 Posts: 351 Member
    edited May 2012
    Navigate to:
    My Computer/Drive C(or whatever drive you have the game installed on)/Program files/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3/Game/Bin
    In the Bin folder there will be an icon that says TS3(don't use this one if you have expansion packs installed) There is another one named TS3W(use this one if you have EPs installed). You can either double click that to start, or right click and create a shortcut that you can put on your desktop. Either way won't open the launcher.

*edited due to un intended emoticons
  • Options
    LfriaLfria Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Here's a tutorial on how to bypass the launcher:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/455139.page
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    edited May 2012
    That tutorial helped me figure it out...finally!! Thank you so, SO much. :mrgreen: I'm such a computer dufus. :oops: :roll:
  • Options
    LfriaLfria Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited May 2012
    MRSMLOG wrote:
    That tutorial helped me figure it out...finally!! Thank you so, SO much. :mrgreen: I'm such a computer dufus. :oops: :roll:

You're welcome :thumbup: I bookmarked that page specifically for questions like this :wink: