Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pleasantview, Strangetown, Riverblossom Hills, and much more! ....

Comments

• Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2012
    I don't mind at all. Glad you like them!

Edit: Oh and none of them have cc, but they do have store content and expansion content. It was too hard to get some of the stuff I needed just out of base game stuff and I wanted them to look as close as possible to the originals.

Thats is perfectly fine with me! I will put a pre-caution as to the store content and expansion packs, but it shouldn't be a big deal since the game requires everything up to Show-Time. I cant thank you enough! You're saving me so much time! :lol:
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited May 2012
    Ok, I finally got the Goths made, but had some trouble with setting the relationships with the big age differences. It won't let you set an elder to be the parent of a child or an adult be the sibling of a child and so on. So I added Bella back to the household and her and Mortimer are just Housemates. Cassandra is Mortimer's child and Alexander is Bella's child. So if you have Mortie and Bella marry, the kids will at least be step-siblings. And then you can kill off Bella or whatever.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5822731
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited May 2012
    @chococat I love your sims they bring back a lot of good memories when i used to play with them :D:D
  • Options
    StumbleduckStumbleduck Posts: 751 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I never played the sims 2 and unless I can borrow it from my friend I likely won't be playing it anytime soon...I'm looking forward to this world however and playing it. This looks like it will have plenty of extra room which I like in my worlds. Will you only be providing save files or will you be uploading the world to the exchange?
  • Options
    PrincessStarlaPrincessStarla Posts: 52 Member
    edited May 2012
    AMAZING!!! *adds bookmark*

Just a little advice: add all the lots needed, but NOT blank lots. Why? Because it would be easier to add new (or custom) lots, since we could just add the lot we need with the Edit-in-Game tool (I know its not really good but... it's the only way to add some lots ¬¬)

And please, tell me if you need a tester, it would be my pleasure!

Chococat, your sims are PERFECT!!! I can't download them right now, but this night they would be at my game and you'll get recomendations!!!

May I add you two as friends? Please!
    Please keep in mind English is not my first language, so I may make mistakes and have a bit of trouble explaining myself
  • Options
    LoveLife0v0LoveLife0v0 Posts: 1,210
    edited May 2012
    Gosh! I absolutely LOVE this idea of combining the neighborhoods into one world(: I do sort of agree, though, that some lots are too spaced out, but that is just coming from a non-builder. I guess I can't really judge until I see it fully made, which by the way, is a date I can't wait for!;D Keep up the fantastic work, I know it must be hard seeing as I can't even get one house done without quitting and you have gotten three+ neighborhoods.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @chococat I love your sims they bring back a lot of good memories when i used to play with them :D:D
    Chococat, your sims are PERFECT!!! I can't download them right now, but this night they would be at my game and you'll get recomendations!!!

Thank you so much. I've slowed down a bit now though. I've got all the bios/screenshots from Strangetown, but only got to make one family last night. Hopefully, I can get more done today and have all the sims ready about the same time the town is ready. And doing all of this just makes me want to go back and play The Sims 2. lol
  • Options
    SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Ohboyoboyoboy!

The towns and Sims....it makes me want to play Sims 2. But I can't right now. I can't wait to see this finished and placed into my Sims 3 game. I hope we get real Aliens and Male pregnancy back soon, that was the one plot I loved playing in Strangetown.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Okay, I have all of Strangetown done now. Though the families with elder sims don't always have the proper relationships. I've decided EA discriminates against elders. I couldn't set Pollination Tech#9 as Jenny's spouse bc he is an elder and she is an adult. I also couldn't set Olive Specter as Ophelia's grandmother, which was stupid. Anyway, here they are.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5829161

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5829160

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5829159

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5829158

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5827627

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I never played the sims 2 and unless I can borrow it from my friend I likely won't be playing it anytime soon...I'm looking forward to this world however and playing it. This looks like it will have plenty of extra room which I like in my worlds. Will you only be providing save files or will you be uploading the world to the exchange?

I love extra room, it's makes it feel... free? :lol: I will be uploading the base world to the exchange. If you download it from the exchange, you can download the sims from the Build 'n Share part of the forum(its going to be made soon.) The sims are made by chococat9, and she posted links where you can download them. I am also making a save file, hopefully if I can figure out how to, which will have the sims and relationships with other households.
    AMAZING!!! *adds bookmark*

Just a little advice: add all the lots needed, but NOT blank lots. Why? Because it would be easier to add new (or custom) lots, since we could just add the lot we need with the Edit-in-Game tool (I know its not really good but... it's the only way to add some lots ¬¬)

And please, tell me if you need a tester, it would be my pleasure!

May I add you two as friends? Please!

I added all the lots from the worlds, nothing more. Now I'm thinking of some residential area of downtown, but thats just an idea. I'm not adding in blnk lots, because for one they wont save properly for some reason :P and for two I totally agree with you. I love to build houses, so I want lots my size and not someone else's, so I won't make anyone go through that.
    Gosh! I absolutely LOVE this idea of combining the neighborhoods into one world(: I do sort of agree, though, that some lots are too spaced out, but that is just coming from a non-builder. I guess I can't really judge until I see it fully made, which by the way, is a date I can't wait for!;D Keep up the fantastic work, I know it must be hard seeing as I can't even get one house done without quitting and you have gotten three+ neighborhoods.

Thanks! I do have to admit,Pleasantview is bigger than it is in The Sims 2, but I like lots of potential room in my worlds. I'm not expecting every single person to like it, but I'm trying to get as many 'likers' as possible :wink: It will have 6 neighborhoods and a downtown. :)

@chococat9, I'mloving your work! It's making me want to play the Sims 2 so bad, but I'm stuck building lots! :) :P

I have a problem.... I'm stuck without my desktop... I only have my laptop... I have the Sims 3 and the Sims 2 games with me, but not sure how I can see both at the same time... The date is going to be the same, hopefully. I will be back home on some weekdays and all weekends. I plan on working hard on those days so I can get it done.. . So far I need to start building lots for Belladona Cove, place trees, place spawners, place effects, and make downtown. Not a lot when I type it out, but just think of all the work is put into that... :roll:

>>Current Progress: Trying to figure out a way to build lots...<<
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    And now I'm finished with the Riverblossom Hills families.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5837732

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5837731

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5837730

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5833343

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5829732

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5829731

Unfortunately, I enjoyed making these families the very least bc I never played this town and could care less about the sims living in it. Pleasantview was always my favorite. So now I guess one more town and I'm done?

Edit: Oh dang. I just saw that you're adding Belladonna Cove AND Desiderata Valley. Bleh. More sims than I expected.
  • Options
    drewbee051drewbee051 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for making these towns and families!! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    hats off to you tcratchet and choco cat :D:D

ps: chococat will you continue to make families that were from the sims 2 by any chance i mean not just sims from pleasantview but from belladonna cove and ect.? oh hey did you make a copy of good ol Goopy?

• Options
    edited May 2012

ps: chococat will you continue to make families that were from the sims 2 by any chance i mean not just sims from pleasantview but from belladonna cove and ect.? oh hey did you make a copy of good ol Goopy?

Ty. I've got Pleasantview, Strangetown and Riverblossom Hills done. I am going to keep going and finish Desiderata Valley and Belladonna Cove. I have to make Goopy. He can finally eat some Goopy Carbonara. Progress will just be a little slower than it has been. I have guild stuff to do in WoW this weekend.

Does anyone remember if there were sims from Twiki Island that would need to be made or was it just empty?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    chococat9 wrote:

Ty. I've got Pleasantview, Strangetown and Riverblossom Hills done. I am going to keep going and finish Desiderata Valley and Belladonna Cove. I have to make Goopy. He can finally eat some Goopy Carbonara. Progress will just be a little slower than it has been. I have guild stuff to do in WoW this weekend.

Does anyone remember if there were sims from Twiki Island that would need to be made or was it just empty?

good looking npcs lol unless you wanna make a remix of the unsavory charlaton
  • Options
    PrincessStarlaPrincessStarla Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2012
    @chococat9: the only Twiki Island sim I remember is that guy that gives you the voodoo doll after you fix his house.
    Please keep in mind English is not my first language, so I may make mistakes and have a bit of trouble explaining myself
  • Options
    sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited June 2012
    AWESOME work, TRachet and chococat9! :D:wink:

I could never create something like that, lol :lol:

Can't wait to download it when it's finished! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LoveLife0v0LoveLife0v0 Posts: 1,210
    edited June 2012
    @chococat9: the only Twiki Island sim I remember is that guy that gives you the voodoo doll after you fix his house.
    I TOTALLYY REMEMBER THAT! Ahh I wish I hadn't sold all my sims 2 games... ):
  • Options
    pink_16924pink_16924 Posts: 98
    edited June 2012
    This is so amazing!!! I am so jealous of chococat9 and TRachet. This is a huge undertaking on both of your parts and you guys are doing amazingly. I wish I had your skills, but sadly I do not.

I will be downloading town and sims. So excited. :D
  • Options
    billyurbiebobbillyurbiebob Posts: 97
    edited June 2012
    I second what other simmers have said, this is a huge project and I'll definitely be following it and downloading once its complete.
    Best of luck :)
  • Options
    sharena333sharena333 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited June 2012
    Oooops! Double post! :oops: :?
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited June 2012
    OMG! I'm so going to download this world. Such a good idea, too, brings the essences of the two together which is amaaazing :D

The families look great, too. If i wasn't so into BACC I would have maybe been able to remember the features of the neighbourhoods more! Keep up the good work.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    This is so amazing!!! I am so jealous of chococat9 and TRachet. This is a huge undertaking on both of your parts and you guys are doing amazingly. I wish I had your skills, but sadly I do not.

I will be downloading town and sims. So excited.
    To be honest I'm shocked I'm doing so well. I think everyone has the skills, just gotta work hard to show them. :) And thanks!

I'm absolutely loving the positive feedback everyone!

I changed the date to a (broad?) date.. lol. Belladona is going to require lots of room. I was playing around with the layout and didn't like it. It feels too crammed(as in with the other towns). So I am going to see if I can shorten up the roads of Pleasantview :roll:....

I hope you guys understand how much work this is taking and don't get frustrated with the dates always being pushed back... :oops:

>>Current Progress: Trying to Tweak Pleasantview..<<
  • Options
    hjlovehjlove Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I have been playing Sims 2 and loving it. I can't wait to download this world and the Sims.
  • Options
    SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Take your time! This is a big project and to expect it done over night would be over kill!

This is more than worth the wait! :D