Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you have no middle-mouse-button, how do you "look around" in CAW?

AFeazyAFeazy Posts: 91 Member
I only have a laptop to play the Sims 3, and I have no middle-mouse-button, nor one of those little button things some have that does the same thing. Sometimes using both fingers one the keypad works for some things normally a middle-mouse-button would do, but I have tried that and it doesn't work. I know there is something to do it though, because a few times I have accidentally managed to look up to the sky, and then I have to quit and load it again because I can't look normally again.
I would really appreciate it. I can't see where the sun is to set the sunset for my world. Before I just never bothered with it but for this world it is important for the effect. Any help would be appreciated.

Nevermind! Sorry for asking this question when now I think I have figured it out...I just started pressing buttons and I believe I may have found how. It is just really difficult. I have to press both buttons at the exact same time. If it is even a little off, it doesn't work. That's why before when I already tried that (I've spent a few months pressing things and trying different tricks using keys and the mousepad and buttons to get it to work) it didn't work. But then I got it to move, and realized the only difference was that I had practically punched both buttons (no, I didn't punch the computer, but I don't know a better word). So I did it again, and it worked, and I realized that it was because both buttons were being pressed at the identical time, which is hard to do because they are far apart and don't press down easy. Sorry for creating what is now useless thread, though I suppose if someone else ever tries looking up how to do this because they also do not have a middle-mouse-button, they will have the answers. Still, my apologies.

Comments

• Options
    steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited May 2012
    There's the ctrl key that you can hold down and then drag with the left or right button (forgot which) to do it. It's still much better to use a regular mouse than a touchpad for CAW.
  • Options
    AFeazyAFeazy Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2012
    Oh, I got so excited 'cause what I discovered is so difficult to do. But I tried pressing Ctrl and left button while dragging, then the right, and neither worked. I discovered that if I press both buttons at the exact same time, it will move. However, I have to try pressing like five times before it finally works, because if it is even off by a split second, it won't work. So it's hard to time it perfectly to press both buttons. I think I might look into getting a little mouse for CAW. It hasn't been any trouble for anything else, but it seems to be for CAW. Thank you so much for your help! :D And like I said I think I'm beginning to agree with your suggestion! :)