Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your best, fastest method for populating new worlds?

Sometimes you just need to get playing already. :mrgreen: I'm making a new world with and for a friend who doesn't like the creation phase and has limited time, so i'm considering the options for populating the world accordingly. I would love to know what your fastest methods are for putting in / creating an ample supply of townies (preferably decent ones, of course). Gimme your best ideas, brilliant simmers!

THANKS!
Jaz_in_SG-captioned%20copy_zps0ecd2f78.jpg

Greed destroys everything it touches.
Gallery Link: PyurJenius

Comments

• Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited May 2012
    I haven't found a truly fast method yet. I usually go into edit town mod, turn on freerealestate and just move families/sims in from my bin.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited May 2012
    Twallan's Story Progression mod, set on 'rabbit' speed.
  • Options
    RAE2786RAE2786 Posts: 683 New Member
    edited May 2012
    What I do when I start playing an empty world is download households off the exchange, preferably those that are under 1 MB as they're normally CC free, then I just go into the game and start moving them in.
  • Options
    Kurppa42Kurppa42 Posts: 221 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Downloading ready families from a trustworthy source would give quick new blood.

You could also move families from your other town to your bin and then in the new town.

Personally, I love letting Story Progression (I use Twallan's set to use bin sims 100% of the time) do the job. It is fun to see a new family having come to town.

• Options
    SiminoidSiminoid Posts: 961 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I just move in a bunch of families from my library. :P
  • Options
    Pyur_JeniusPyur_Jenius Posts: 101 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thanks all! I didn't know about the Twallan progression mod. Not sure about going there on the sad laptop i have at present, though, but will keep that on the burner. Sounds fun. :D Good to know how (file size) to find CC free exchange items, that can certainly save a lot of time. Working on the tedious task of saving up a bin stash, whew. Good stuff and appreciated!
    Jaz_in_SG-captioned%20copy_zps0ecd2f78.jpg

Greed destroys everything it touches.
    Gallery Link: PyurJenius
  • Options
    Sims3Pony101Sims3Pony101 Posts: 2,163 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Chuck a load of sims in random houses in groups and let them 'breed' ;)
  • Options
    CourtandStefCourtandStef Posts: 158 Member
    edited May 2012
    I go to various neighborhoods collecting families, putting them into the library, and then moving them into the new world.
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited May 2012
    I stick enough in of breeding age, usually about 20 families, and let Twallan's Story progression do the rest. I set the baby chance for townies to 90% so they breed like crazy.