Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading digital copies of the sims

Hi. I had every sims disc I own break (they just refuse to be read now; it's not the computer it's definitely the discs) and I'm trying to download the digital copies.

For some of the games, when I redeem the code in Origin, it tells me that it can't be done there and I get redirected to my account here. I put the game code in, it thanks me for registering, shows me what free stuff comes with the copy (like extra hair or clothes or whatever) but there's no link to actually downloading the game. Where do I download it from? It doesn't show up in Origin.

Comments

• Options
    emakav2emakav2 Posts: 122
    edited May 2012
    emakav2 wrote:
    Hi. I had every sims disc I own break (they just refuse to be read now; it's not the computer it's definitely the discs) and I'm trying to download the digital copies.

For some of the games, when I redeem the code in Origin, it tells me that it can't be done there and I get redirected to my account here. I put the game code in, it thanks me for registering, shows me what free stuff comes with the copy (like extra hair or clothes or whatever) but there's no link to actually downloading the game. Where do I download it from? It doesn't show up in Origin.

Ok, while writing this out, I was also attempting to get into the customer support section of EA/Origin, to see if they could help me. However, it keeps telling me that my password is incorrect. So I changed the password using the steps they gave me and put in the new password, and it's still telling me that the password is incorrect. So, using the steps they sent me again, I changed it again, and it's still telling me that the password is incorrect. So I can't get any online help from EA. :?
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hi,

To actually register your games through Origin you will need to proceed to the following page:

https://activate.ea.com/applyentitlement.do

The latest version of the Origin client can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.dm.origin.com/download

Before installing the digital download games, you will need to uninstall the disc versions of those games first if currently installed.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!