Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Individual Cost of Fryer and Ice Cream Maker Ridiculous

I'm normally not one to complain about the prices in the store - I get it, EA is like any other corporation who's only end game is to make money. Okay, fine, whatever.

However, the individual prices of these two items is pretty ridiculous. 500 sim points each? They are designed to work together! The fryer is more expensive than the Super Sleeper, for example. I've tried to think of a good reason why two small appliances are 1000 sim points and I just can't. Two items in a 30 piece set cost 45% of the value of the whole thing? I just can't get behind that. I don't want the whole set - I have no interest in it beyond the appliances, but its really not worth it to wait.

I'm sure the EA folks won't even read this and I guess I don't really expect them to, but to me, it just doesn't make sense to sell them separate. I'd pay 500 - maybe even 750 - for both, but not each.
"This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited May 2012
    I've been waiting for them to go on sale individually, but hadn't really thought about the cost.

I'd been thinking that 500 was the set price for ALL premium items, but now I realise that this isn't the case. I suppose we do get some extra foods with the fryer so that may be worth 500, perhaps the ice cream maker could have been cheaper - I mean, yeah we get different flavours, but they're all the same really, just coloured differently.

I suppose anyone who thinks they are too much can wait for them to go on a daily deal. It'd be a long wait, but worth it in the end I guess.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited May 2012
    I think I'm more annoyed with this one than any other because it states that they are made to work together. :(
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2012
    If you wait, the set will go on sale or the individual items will.
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited May 2012
    at first all premium content cost 600 if i recall correctly. They dropped that to 500 i think and some older ones got even cheaper