Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friend Appreciation Give Away - Closed

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited May 2012
    My friend supported me lots of times. He was there whenever I needed him no mater what time i called him. He would always run to me even in the middle of the night. When I suffered from mild depression, he was the one who tried to make me feel better, urged me to get out of the house, and even went and got me a guitar, even i knew he couldn't afford it at the time, just to make my happy.

I want to nominate myself.

I hope i did this correct?
  • Options
    KSpencerKSpencer Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited May 2012
    angeliii82 wrote:
    KSpencer wrote:
    Thank you for hosting this, what a lovely contest!

I would love to enter, here's my story:

About 10 years ago, a member of my family was wrongly accused of assault (long story). During the pre-liminary hearing, there were so many supporters/media the courtroom was completely filled up. A close family member came from out of town, but couldn't get it. A good friend of mine gave up her seat next to me to allow for my out of town family member to be there. It meant so much to me and we are dear friends to this day.

You know you have a good friend when they stick with you through the bad times as well as the good, but to have a friend that thinks beyond the friendship and puts your family 1st is always amazing!

Absolutely! Thanks again for hosting this...I'm going to call my friend tonight to chat actually :)
  • Options
    pnolespnoles Posts: 6,989 New Member
    edited May 2012
    *lurking* :wink::lol:
  • Options
    angeliii82angeliii82 Posts: 2,042 Member
    edited May 2012
    So as the final minutes tick by, I'm going to give you the low down on how this closing will work...

1. I will close the Give Away and accept no more entries.
    2. I will unveil the items that were not awarded.
    3. I will put all the names (I think we are at 15 or 16) for the 2nd chance drawing into random.org's list randomizer. I will then gift the people from the top of the randomized list down. The 1st person will be the official 2nd chance drawing winner.
    4. I will then take the number of unclaimed prizes (right now it's 5, but if someone else wins, that number will go down) and gift a 2nd chance prize to that number of people starting with the 2nd person from the top of the randomized list and working my way down. If any of the winners no longer have 25sp items on their wishlist I will gift the next person in line.
    5. If you read my entire set of instructions or rules you will notice that there is also a 3rd chance drawing. After all the 2nd chance prizes are gifted, I will award the prizes in the 3rd chance drawing.

All prizes will be announced in the 2nd post on the 1st page. I hope this helps! :)

5 minutes left!!!
  • Options
    Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited May 2012
    Well I have to be honest I don't have a lot of friends in real life due to a situation I had that made us very all apart. But now I'm my new stage of life I only have one friend, sometimes it's a bit sad because I would like to have more, but she has supported me into the end, and has give me the strength sometimes I don't have to deal with outside problems. Sometimes I need some courage words or just a push to stand up and continues and she definitely helps. The thing is she has much more problems and more worries than me, and she's always there to help even though shes breaking inside.

It doesn't matter if I'm late or don't get into the lottery, I just wanted to participate of the friend appreciation :-) . If I get in, I would like to nominate markydee. He's been so great and awesome in the forums. Thank you all :-)
    hs3c.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Give Away is now closed. Any posts after this post will not be included.

I will update the list, then it's lotto time! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Mychro5 wrote:
    Well I have to be honest I don't have a lot of friends in real life due to a situation I had that made us very all apart. But now I'm my new stage of life I only have one friend, sometimes it's a bit sad because I would like to have more, but she has supported me into the end, and has give me the strength sometimes I don't have to deal with outside problems. Sometimes I need some courage words or just a push to stand up and continues and she definitely helps. The thing is she has much more problems and more worries than me, and she's always there to help even though shes breaking inside.

It doesn't matter if I'm late or don't get into the lottery, I just wanted to participate of the friend appreciation :-) . If I get in, I would like to nominate markydee. He's been so great and awesome in the forums. Thank you all :-)

I know how it feels to not have a ton of RL friends, I only have 2 outside of my family that I can really count on and 1 of the 2 lives far away. I think that's why communities like this are important too, we can all support each other when our RL friends can't be there.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Mychro5, I'm sorry but neither you nor your nominee had any 25sp items on your wishlists, so I can't include you in the drawings. I'm really glad you shared your story though! *Hugs*
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    angeliii82 wrote:
    Mychro5, I'm sorry but neither you nor your nominee had any 25sp items on your wishlists, so I can't include you in the drawings. I'm really glad you shared your story though! *Hugs*

Awwww it's okay. It's just I didn't have much time to check because it was closing :) it doesn't matter. :)
    hs3c.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    angeliii82 wrote:
    Mychro5 wrote:

I know how it feels to not have a ton of RL friends, I only have 2 outside of my family that I can really count on and 1 of the 2 lives far away. I think that's why communities like this are important too, we can all support each other when our RL friends can't be there.

Yes. And sometimes it gets a bit sad because you wish you could share more things with other friends you wish to have. But I don't complain, at least I have one who's awesome!!!!
    hs3c.png
  • Options
    KSpencerKSpencer Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thank you so much for hosting and the cute gift, angeliii82!
  • Options
    BethymaiBethymai Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for the gift :D and thank you for hosting this ^_^
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Don't ask me why, but when I added the color to the winner's names it messed up the formatting. When I go to edit the 2nd post it looks right, but when I preview or submit it goes all crazy and puts things in double columns. So to help make things clear - here are the winners of the 2nd Chance Drawing...

SmileHugs
    KSpencer
    Bethymai
    Faith12368
    Nh6650
    stikystuff

Prizes have been awarded.
  • Options
    pnolespnoles Posts: 6,989 New Member
    edited May 2012
    This was a lot fun dear! Thank you for hosting!♥
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    angeliii82 wrote:
    Don't ask me why, but when I added the color to the winner's names it messed up the formatting. When I go to edit the 2nd post it looks right, but when I preview or submit it goes all crazy and puts things in double columns. So to help make things clear - here are the winners of the 2nd Chance Drawing...

SmileHugs
    KSpencer
    Bethymai
    Faith12368
    Nh6650
    stikystuff

Prizes have been awarded.

Try leaving an empty line after each recolored name . so instead of hitting enter once after typing the name to change line , hit it twice.

:D grats to all the winners!
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited May 2012
    I won a prize!.yay!.
    Thank you angeliii82 for the prize and for hosting!.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    If you happened to read to the very end of my original post with all the rules and things, I included a little note about a 3rd Chance Drawing with a special prize! Only 3 people are entered into this drawing because they knew to include a link their nominee's (or their own) wishlist. The entries in this drawing are... pnoles as nominated by Jojo777, Fallen_Harlequin and MadiCullen as nominated by pnoles. And the winner is....

MadiCullen!!! Congratulations! You won the Wrap Gown from your Wishlist! Enjoy!

There were 3 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

MadiCullen
    pnoles
    Fallen_Harlequin

Timestamp: 2012-05-04 17:40:05 UTC
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    geminiagre wrote:
    Try leaving an empty line after each recolored name . so instead of hitting enter once after typing the name to change line , hit it twice.

Hmm? I tried that again and it still doesn't work right. I wonder if there is a glitch from where I copied/pasted from random.org to here. I've never had it happen before, it just seems really odd.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    yay! grats to all the winners and angelii thank you so much for hosting :)
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for the gift Angeliii82 {{{hugs}}}

Thanks to my girl, ellerobbe, for the nomination! BIG {{{hugs}}}
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:

I'm such an idiot! I forgot to mention the nomination in my gifting message! I hope elllerobbe can forgive me!
  • Options
    MadiCullenMadiCullen Posts: 1,115
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for the nomination pnoles, and thank you for the gifts & such a wonderful thread angeliii82 :D what a great idea!

It was a lovely surprise to come back to after a short time away ;)

Happy simming everyone! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ellerobbeellerobbe Posts: 563 Member
    edited May 2012
    angeliii82 wrote:
    Faith12368 wrote:

I'm such an idiot! I forgot to mention the nomination in my gifting message! I hope elllerobbe can forgive me!

It's all good! Glad my girl won! :D
  • Options
    Fallen_HarlequinFallen_Harlequin Posts: 265
    edited May 2012
    I can't believe it, I've won something, yay!

However, I'm sad this really nice giveaway didn't turn out too well. I think that maybe it would have been different if it had closed after the weekend. Well, at least we got some really lovely stories of true friendship!