Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Pregnancy?

I have a 100 Baby Challenge, and for some reason, I just opened my game and went to have a baby with some guy, but every time they WooHooed, the WooHoo ended part way through and they were suddenly standing in the bedroom, on opposite sides of the bed, in their Everyday clothes. I checked the Master Controller every time, but she wasn't pregnant. Then, like that wasn't enough, I discovered that there is no longer a Pollinate option on the Master Controller? This isn't good, I need babies!
purple_flowers_39.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Do instant baby if it comes to it?
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited May 2012
    I would, but I need pictures of the mom pregnant...
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2012
    so I'm not the only one that can't refind polinate....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I saw a while ago that it was moved from 'Intermediate' to 'Basic', but now it isn't anywhere - not Basic, Intermediate, or Advanced...
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2012
    hmm... still want it... might be worth asking at Nrass.... maybe if your cahnger your tittel slightly someone who knows drops by....
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sigh. Bump. Someone's gotta be able to help me, they can't WooHoo or Pollinate and this is one of the one times I want pregnant pictures of her >__<
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    VespidaeVespidae Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited May 2012
    I have MC and I saw 'pollinate' yesterday. Have you updated? I also have MC cheats, so it lets me see all of the options.
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard_zps4fet4xdj.gif
  • Options
    jbfairybirdjbfairybird Posts: 3,923 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I've had that happen when I didn't update my MC. I generally find the bugs doing the following things:

I have had sometimes where the pregnancy didn't show up right away so try letting the file run and just make sure.

I've had issues with some of EA's beds so you might change out the bed.

If I were you I'd uninstall MC and then reinstall a newly downloaded MC to see it that fixed it. If it doesn't I try the next step.

Check if any CC is bugged by uninstalling it all and reinstalling it in groups. I've been able to identify problem files like that and then delete them.

Lastly, I save a copy of my game file and then copy it to my desktop then I uninstall Sims 3 and reinstall it. Then I move the copied game to the saved file and the file should work.
  • Options
    BuffyspikerBuffyspiker Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited May 2012
    Have you tried going into 'edit town' and moving them out of the house, then back into it? Sometimes that helps with certain glitches. It doesn't fix everything, but it's worth a try :)
  • Options
    mhowellmhowell Posts: 29
    edited May 2012
    you could adopt a baby using the phone?? :)
  • Options
    SamacoySamacoy Posts: 446
    edited May 2012
    mhowell wrote:

That'd be too easy in this situation, don't chya think? :wink:
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2012
    Are you using ErrorTrap too? If not, I'd get it. It helps fix those problems with popping out of bed.

I was having a similar issue last night. My sim wouldn't sleep in her bed. I ended up deleting the save and going back to an older one. That worked. You might try that too.
  • Options
    reinmagreinmag Posts: 684 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Nraas had a comment about the popping around during woohoo, but I think it was due to the 'cuddle' mix up.

MC still has pollinate. Pretty sure it's on intermediate.

BTW, popping around and moving floors can happen after you use moveobjects cheat on a sim.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Have you tried going into 'edit town' and moving them out of the house, then back into it? Sometimes that helps with certain glitches. It doesn't fix everything, but it's worth a try :)

I legit JUST moved them in, so I can't see how that would be the problem =/ I'll give it a try when I go back in-game, though.
    mhowell wrote:

Lol, as I stated above, I need pictures of her pregnant. Besides, the adopted baby would look nothing like either of the parents...
    Are you using ErrorTrap too? If not, I'd get it. It helps fix those problems with popping out of bed.

I was having a similar issue last night. My sim wouldn't sleep in her bed. I ended up deleting the save and going back to an older one. That worked. You might try that too.

What is ErrorTrap? I've never heard of it, it sounds like it could help.
    reinmag wrote:
    Nraas had a comment about the popping around during woohoo, but I think it was due to the 'cuddle' mix up.

MC still has pollinate. Pretty sure it's on intermediate.

BTW, popping around and moving floors can happen after you use moveobjects cheat on a sim.

What 'cuddle' mix up????

I've reset both Sims multiple times to try to fix it, so it can't have anything to do with moveobjects.

And I can't find Pollinate on the MC, but maybe it's just on her that it won't appear for some reason? I'll examine other Sims around town >=D
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited May 2012
    Just because you just moved them in doesn't really mean much in terms of glitches. Evict them from the edit town screen and move them back in. Also make sure your MC is up to date. The NRaas site has the updates listed here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited May 2012
    ErrorTrap is another of Twallan's mods like MasterController. ErrorTrap and Overwatch are both "must haves", in my opinion, if you play a game for a long lifespan or more than one generation.