May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"How Old are you?" Social

BrightfireBrightfire Posts: 121 New Member
Please can we have some way of finding out how old other sims are before we waste time getting our sims to marry them then finding out they have barely any time left as an adult so can't have kids!

Comments

• Options
    heidismilesheidismiles Posts: 502 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Agreed! If we can find out their job and marital status, it should be a no-brainer to confirm their age.
  • Options
    mandymayhemmandymayhem Posts: 351 New Member
    edited July 2009
    yea dude. like my sim was flirting w/ a dude, and like 2 seconds late r he turned into an elder
  • Options
    titanvolsfantitanvolsfan Posts: 402 New Member
    edited July 2009
    yea i could of used this for my legacy hes had 3 wives just because of that
  • Options
    ChocolotiChocoloti Posts: 328 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree. I had one girl go out with this guy, then the next day she called him to invite him over, and when he arrived he was this little old man. Boy was I surprised!
  • Options
    mandymayhemmandymayhem Posts: 351 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Chocoloti wrote:
    I agree. I had one girl go out with this guy, then the next day she called him to invite him over, and when he arrived he was this little old man. Boy was I surprised!
    and THAT is why internet dating is a nono.
  • Options
    NishaDSNishaDS Posts: 206 Member
    edited July 2009
    Go to the party menu on your phone and then look at the sims on the invite list. It tells you their age stage there.

I do wish there was an easier way to find their age.
  • Options
    adnama3adnama3 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited July 2009
    agreed. but maybe it should have a different name because how old are you sounds a bit...shady. it could be called when's your birthday and then the sim could say, "i will be an adult in 17 days" or something.

but great idea!
  • Options
    karmaapplekarmaapple Posts: 137 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree, we need something like this! My sim got engaged to Bella Bachelor, then when he planned a wedding party at the beach the next day, she showed up as an elder! My sim was YA and I had no idea she was so old.
  • Options
    MatSiMatSi Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yeah it happened to me, but also sometimes, My sim was trying to hit on another sim, but I couldn't find the romantic menu... until I realized the girl was a teen... akward!

t'was the make up I guess, she looked in her 40's haha!
  • Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited July 2009
    Chocoloti wrote:

i guess she gave him a little Happy Retirement Party! huh?:twisted:
  • Options
    CittenscollarCittenscollar Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    adnama3 wrote:
    agreed. but maybe it should have a different name because how old are you sounds a bit...shady. it could be called when's your birthday and then the sim could say, "i will be an adult in 17 days" or something.

but great idea!

That definitely sounds like the best way to go about it.

I completely support this idea.
  • Options
    beanie14107beanie14107 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    well i would really like to be able to stop them from getting old. by the time i get almost all of my career going i turned into a little old lady. it seems like you play the game for a week and then your old i would like to try get my career stright and skills advanced before having children.