Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No prom picture?

Hi all :)
Not sure if anyone else is getting this, but my teen sim just had his prom, got elected prom king but didn't get a picture in his inventory. The crown is in there, but no picture. Any idea why this might be happening? I have memory creation turned off with Master Controller, so I don't know if that might have caused the issue.
Thanks for any help :)
*All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png

Comments

• Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited April 2012
    my sims are still getting pictures when they go to the prom.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited April 2012
    Looks like it was just a one-off, I just had another prom in the same game and all the teens got pictures :)
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    edited April 2012
    Hmmm... I could have fun with this hehe.

1. He could've punched out the photographer and the photographer told him to f off and didn't take his picture out of spite.
    2. He broke the camera?
    3. He was too busy flirting/dancing/messing around with other people's date/his date.
    4. Somebody spiked the punch and he passed out drunk before he could get it made.
    5. He got lost on the way there and by the time he arrived the photographer had left already.
    6. He really didn't like his tux/outfit so he didn't want a pic made.
    7. The photographer got the pics out of order and another teen got his photo.
    8. When he was standing in line to have it made, someone else walked up and decked him b/c he was flirting/etc with their date/etc.
    9. The photographer is the parent of a vindictive girlfriend.
    10. By the time he finally got thru the line to get pics made, they announced him prom king and he had to go up and accept the crown, then never got around to getting it done.

Anyone else got any ideas?
    :lol:
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited April 2012
    It's also possible the photographer was his girlfriend's clingy ex-boyfriend's father :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    MissyHissy wrote:
    It's also possible the photographer was his girlfriend's clingy ex-boyfriend's father :lol:

ahahahahaha! wait... what? :lol:

So who is the clingy one the ex or the father? and who are they clingy to?

Oh my goodness, it's way too late at night to wrap my mind around that. Good job!
  • Options
    WaltzDreamsWaltzDreams Posts: 329 Member
    edited May 2012
    mypalsim1 wrote:

1. He could've punched out the photographer and the photographer told him to f off and didn't take his picture out of spite.
    2. He broke the camera?
    3. He was too busy flirting/dancing/messing around with other people's date/his date.
    4. Somebody spiked the punch and he passed out drunk before he could get it made.
    5. He got lost on the way there and by the time he arrived the photographer had left already.
    8. When he was standing in line to have it made, someone else walked up and decked him b/c he was flirting/etc with their date/etc.
    10. By the time he finally got thru the line to get pics made, they announced him prom king and he had to go up and accept the crown, then never got around to getting it done.

:lol: I like those. Hmm... maybe he's just too cool to have his picture taken? Taking photos are beneath him. Why would he want to do what all of the other kids are doing? :-P

OR

He's camera shy!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    mypalsim1 wrote:

2. He broke the camera?

:lol: I like those. Hmm... maybe he's just too cool to have his picture taken? Taking photos are beneath him. Why would he want to do what all of the other kids are doing? :-P

OR

He's camera shy!

Good thinking! A camera shy prom king... that sounds so cute I want to pinch his cheeks! *ahem* sorry, but I do :lol:
  • Options
    princey133princey133 Posts: 11
    edited January 2013
    my girl went to prom, just walked inside the buliding with date and get prom queen, yada yada yada. Walked out with crown in inventory but no pictures...
  • Options
    lavanderkattlavanderkatt Posts: 13
    edited January 2013
    Well my problem with prom was that i didnt have one yes i have generations along with several other expansion packs and a stuff pack but ill try get mine to work but my friend had the same problem so i really dont know
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well my problem with prom was that i didnt have one yes i have generations along with several other expansion packs and a stuff pack but ill try get mine to work but my friend had the same problem so i really dont know

Do you have the teen life stage set shorter? Prom happens on some kind of schedule so if they are not teens long enough they could miss it. Conversely a teen with a longer lifespan can have more than one prom.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    i have it on 14 days so i think that was long enough ive tried several times with prom but it never happend
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well, it is all a maztter of probability ....
    IIRC every day the RNG rolls against some certain fixed probability whether there will be a prom within the next few days.
    So, if your lifetime as teen is rather short (which can be said for 14 days IMHO) it isn´t uncommon not to have a prom during the teenage years (I for my part have > 30 days for the teen life stage (a little bit longer than "Long"), with other words, more than twice your time ... but even with this long time one of the 2 sims that went through their teen life stage in my game only got a single prom during his teen years
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks im going to try and put the teen life stage up to 20 days and see if that works