Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

VERY UPSET FEEDBACK FOR EA MODERATORS (comment if you'd like)

Comments

• Options
    khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    edited April 2012
    But boy, is this thread broken. It sure likes to eat posts indefinitely...
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited April 2012
    Faith12368 wrote:
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    Irony, eh? Gotta love it. =P

It's like rain...on your wedding day.
    It's the free ride...when you already paid. :)

I'm ba-a-a-a-a-a-ck. :)

lol where'd you go !

Well I was going to stay away and play all nicey-nice. But there are too many fun things to do here. :wink:
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited April 2012
    broken
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    .. still broken.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    TA DA!

Pepper you fixed it you are mah Heroine! YAY!

Good morning ...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    khynnea wrote:
    TA DA!

Good morning ...

Morning. -hugs-

I made a thread about this. This is just getting out of hand. -shakes head-
  • Options
    NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited April 2012
    I got one as well for bumping my thread once a week or so. I complained and was told to disregard it as I was clearly NOT spamming.

I'd say someone monitoring the forums forgot to read the rules themselves first..
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited April 2012
    I got one as well for bumping my thread once a week or so. I complained and was told to disregard it as I was clearly NOT spamming.

I'd say someone monitoring the forums forgot to read the rules themselves first..

Unfortunately they tell you to disregard it, but they do NOT take it off your account. They only tell you that to appease you and get rid of you.

And it is not the moderators, it is a new breed here called "the forum police" who feel they can report whomever they do not like. Get used to it, the forums have filled with pretty vindictive and stupid people as of late. There are no moderators here hardly if at all.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited April 2012
    Evil_One wrote:
    More along the lines of: Report button -> bot scans reported post for banned keywords -> if found or if numerous people report same post add warning to a count in the database -> once a certain number is achieved sends a warning to the player.
    I don't think the bot checks for banned keywords. Look there was a simmer who got a warning just for posting the official CS phone number!
    We have several more examples where users got a warning or even a ban for nothing wrong while others even post death threads without any consequences even though they have been reported countless times.
    Someone has done something terribly upside down over at the servers. :?
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited April 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Evil_One wrote:
    More along the lines of: Report button -> bot scans reported post for banned keywords -> if found or if numerous people report same post add warning to a count in the database -> once a certain number is achieved sends a warning to the player.
    I don't think the bot checks for banned keywords. Look there was a simmer who got a warning just for posting the official CS phone number!
    We have several more examples where users got a warning or even a ban for nothing wrong while others even post death threads without any consequences even though they have been reported countless times.

Bots have an inherent problem in that they don't always recognise the context in which a word is presented, for example in the old versions of Ultima Online, the Ass was starred out in Merchants Association because of the bot didn't recognise the whole second word as being a single word and not containing any profanity.

Bots are notoriously unreliable forum monitors, but they are very cheap to maintain.
    raw
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited April 2012
    Evil_One wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Evil_One wrote:

Bots have an inherent problem in that they don't always recognise the context in which a word is presented, for example in the old versions of Ultima Online, the Ass was starred out in Merchants Association because of the bot didn't recognise the whole second word as being a single word and not containing any profanity.

Bots are notoriously unreliable forum monitors, but they are very cheap to maintain.
    Yeah, but sometimes even words that aren't banned can get people warnings.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited April 2012
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Evil_One wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Evil_One wrote:

Yeah, but sometimes even words that aren't banned can get people warnings.

As I said, they're notoriously unreliable.
    raw
  • Options
    awhellnawawhellnaw Posts: 197
    edited April 2012
    I know, the rules of this place make it hard to take it seriously as a forum, there are so many stupid rules.....
    That's why i go on MDS, i can say whatever i want there and so can everyone else, it makes for great sims discussions. :D
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited April 2012
    awhellnaw wrote:
    I know, the rules of this place make it hard to take it seriously as a forum, there are so many stupid rules.....
    That's why i go on MDS, i can say whatever i want there and so can everyone else, it makes for great sims discussions. :D
    Maty for instance has no rules either. It's cussing, trolling bullying and swearing all over the place. That's why I avoid that forum as good as possible.
    MTS in the other hand has extremely strict rules and some overly motivated moderators. I once got a post deleted and a warning just because I suggested to put a mod to "featured" status out of pure amazement. They told me they have a team which makes such decisions and so it's not my job do make suggestions. :roll:
    It was the last time I ever posted there.
    (BTW it was the MoarInteractions mod which IS featured by now).
    So the rules in this forum aren't stupid at all. Good manners aren't stupid. The problem is something else which has been described here in all detail.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited April 2012
    awhellnaw wrote:

So, in other words, you could go on MDS, tell me to "get a life", call me a jack-donkey (not wanting to get a warning here), and nobody would say anything against it? Sounds a lot like MATY if there are no rules in that forum either.

Not a place I'd care to dip my toes into...now, what is MDS again? Never heard of it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited April 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:
    khynnea wrote:
    TA DA!

Good morning ...

Morning. -hugs-

I made a thread about this. This is just getting out of hand. -shakes head-

i agree !!!
  • Options
    edited April 2012

they probably didnt take the record of your account though
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    broken
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    moar broken. BROKEN GO AWAY. D:
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited April 2012
    Evil is right there are no forum moderators for this forum it is clear as day. What happens is when the both reads the report it looks for key words and or numbers. If it identifies you posted a number it doesn't identify that it'sa business number only that it is a number and then it flags the post for a violation of a forum rule.

If a thread is reported multiple times most likely it notifies our non speaking english customer service who then close the thread. So when a poster who poses a serious forum violation posts if they do not have a series of warnings they do not have a ban because it is all a botted system. Which is why majority of people can come here and do what ever they want. Especially on the weekend when customerservice is long gone. The customer service at EA's head quarters don't even handle forum customer service.

This also explains why a thread can be up for hours before being taken down. This also explains why players can be harrassed by other players with little to no consequences. In the end dispite what they say we don't have forum moderators here.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Anavastia wrote:
    Evil is right there are no forum moderators for this forum it is clear as day. What happens is when the both reads the report it looks for key words and or numbers. If it identifies you posted a number it doesn't identify that it'sa business number only that it is a number and then it flags the post for a violation of a forum rule.

If a thread is reported multiple times most likely it notifies our non speaking english customer service who then close the thread. So when a poster who poses a serious forum violation posts if they do not have a series of warnings they do not have a ban because it is all a botted system. Which is why majority of people can come here and do what ever they want. Especially on the weekend when customerservice is long gone. The customer service at EA's head quarters don't even handle forum customer service.

This also explains why a thread can be up for hours before being taken down. This also explains why players can be harrassed by other players with little to no consequences. In the end dispite what they say we don't have forum moderators here.

how does that make sense when someone gpot a report for posting ea's number ? i doubt multiple people reported her
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    how does that make sense when someone gpot a report for posting ea's number ? i doubt multiple people reported her

Remember when I suggested there might be a bot (aka an automated program that scans posts somehow for questionable content) responsible? I forget who first suggested the idea, Evil One? But anyways, most game companies ARE reactionary because it is cheaper.

So you post a hundred times, nothing happens.

You post the 101st time, some spiteful idiot sees it and reports you. Or some ignorant idiot reports you because all they see is PHONE NUMBER OMG.

The automated portion of the report process that checks "hey someone reported Christine400 for publishing personal information a phone number" scans your post and sees a string of numbers that looks like a phone number.

It doesn't know its own phone number.

So wham you are warned.

Did you contest the warning via the process for doing so yet? It is not an actionable offense to post the CS number.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    khynnea wrote:

Remember when I suggested there might be a bot (aka an automated program that scans posts somehow for questionable content) responsible? I forget who first suggested the idea, Evil One? But anyways, most game companies ARE reactionary because it is cheaper.

So you post a hundred times, nothing happens.

You post the 101st time, some spiteful idiot sees it and reports you. Or some ignorant idiot reports you because all they see is PHONE NUMBER OMG.

The automated portion of the report process that checks "hey someone reported Christine400 for publishing personal information a phone number" scans your post and sees a string of numbers that looks like a phone number.

It doesn't know its own phone number.

So wham you are warned.

Did you contest the warning via the process for doing so yet? It is not an actionable offense to post the CS number.

thats just ignorant and no someone was warned on this thread for giving me the number to call about my warning one big mess !
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited April 2012
    I got one as well for bumping my thread once a week or so. I complained and was told to disregard it as I was clearly NOT spamming. I'd say someone monitoring the forums forgot to read the rules themselves first..

Bolded: Hear hear! :thumbup:
    Faith12368 wrote:
    I got one as well for bumping my thread once a week or so. I complained and was told to disregard it as I was clearly NOT spamming. I'd say someone monitoring the forums forgot to read the rules themselves first..
    Unfortunately they tell you to disregard it, but they do NOT take it off your account. They only tell you that to appease you and get rid of you.
    Faith is right--I spoke to several customer service reps and they told me I'd have to contact EA directly, as customer service cannot remove Warnings, and after 3 you might possibly be banned.
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Maty for instance has no rules either. It's cussing, trolling bullying and swearing all over the place. That's why I avoid that forum as good as possible.
    Omg, Maty and Pmbd are the scariest frikkin forums on the planet! :shock: You wanna talk about Forum Police!? JeromyCraig is one of the biggest ******* to ever walk the planet--you should see how he rags on people; that man is a professional Troll. And people talk about Claeric--I actually liked her. :oops:
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited April 2012
    Okay, I finally got a response from EA about the warning I got for posting EA's customer service number here:
    Hello Murfee,
    Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. First of all I apologize for the delay in response, I am escalating this issue to higher officials they will contact you with in 1-2 week and will solve your issue as soon as possible. We highly appreciate your patience. If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email or visit our extensive knowledge base online at http://help.ea.com.
    Sincerely, Tasheen
    Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience

ONE to TWO WEEKS!?
    I could be frikkin banned by then! :lol: