Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GURU'S HELP AND ATLEAST SEE THIS

Since no gurus come over to the mac fourm i guess i'll come over here. Guru's please say something even it if it's we are looking into to it even it your not! Come on please help us Mac users we are just as good as pc users!!

Look at this Post please: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/379332.page

Comments

• Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm not a guru nor am I a mac user but since you've ventured off the Mac forum, I'm assuming you're open to other suggestions. I'm going to assume that you are using a machine that exceeds (not meets) the system requirements for the game.

When I see the PC equivalent to that error, my machine has either run out of resources or my OS is unhappy. This goes for any game not just Sims.

What to do about it is where I run out of suggestions. It's been too many years since I worked on a mac to be of any real help.

So I'll throw out what I'd do if it where my PC and maybe you or some Mac expert will know what the Mac equivalent is.

I'd start by cleaning up the hard drive. Getting rid of temporary internet files, etc. Next I'd defragment the hard drive.

If it was still happening, I'd run a scan disk to make sure that I didn't have any bad sectors on the hard drive.

If I was still having issues, I'd haul my PC off to a tech and have him check to make sure all the RAM was functioning properly, reformat the hard drive and re-install the OS and updated all the drivers.
  • Options
    cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited April 2012
    My machine is not the problem at all. Its a 2010 macbook pro and the only thing installed on it is the sims. Most of us have done all the cleaning and getting rid if caches and those type of files. I'm very experienced with computers and us to work on computer programs when i had a pc and i clean my mac regularly so that's not the problem the problem is EA and there game. I've talk to over 10 people on EA's side and they haven't been able to help me out and others have had the same problem. This post is to bring it to EA attention and get them to say something. They may not but at least i tried! And i don't really think the a pc user can help us out because you don't experience the problem and don't know what its like to be neglected as a customer. And the scan disk thing is for virus i thought mac's can't get virus for disk scans are useless. And the i've already done the disk utility and it says there no problem. my mac has 4gb ram and 500 gb hard drive. i7 2.66 intel core my computer is way more then able to run this game before when i was playing when late night came out i ran the game PERFECTLY no problems at all no errors no nothing. So again this problem is not fixed by simple things and uninstalling is not gonna help. I'm telling you make me so mad when people say uninstall or make a new EA folder because thats not working. When i say i've done everything i mean everything! so please don't take this harshly i'm not trying to be mean it's just that i'm frustrated and no one has help us or said anything and over half a year, almost a whole year. Imagine not playing that long and seeing everyone play and make great things it's just hard.
    Post edited by Unknown User on