Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashes; help figuring out why would be appreciated!

My game has a problem with crashing. I used to think it had to do with CPU, but have realized I think it is something else. I have read a lot talking about RAM having something to do with the game crashing. I have 4GB RAM, but I am wondering if cc makes it require a lot more RAM if you have a lot of cc. I have around 1,000 cc (both as .packages and .sims3pack).
I have the following expansions: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets. I have the following stuff packs: High-End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff. I have checked my mods and downloads folders for bad cc and have not found any.
The game runs fairly smoothly, but takes about 20 minutes to load a saved game. It reaches 100% CPU when saving the game, unless I keep it in the "tray" while saving, but sometimes doing that makes it freeze and never finish saving.
When the game is running, as long as I give CPU breaks by clicking on the Windows key, it runs fine. Then, suddenly - even when CPU is fairly low (for the game, at least: 40-50%)it will freeze and never stop working OR my computer will have a message saying it stopped working. Both things happen about equally.
I have recently discovered that it appears my graphics cards may not be good for the game. Could this be the problem?
Also, I cannot click on Décor Miscellaneous. The game will crash, every time. That got me thinking originally that there was bad custom content, as a lot of the custom content can be found in that category. However, I am also wondering if I have too much cc for my computer to handle.
Here are my system specs:

System Information
Time of this report: 4/16/2012, 14:04:02
Machine name: ELCMAJYK
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: UL30VT
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU U7300 @ 1.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.3GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4062MB RAM
Page File: 2221MB used, 5898MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce G210M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce G210M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A74&SUBSYS_1AF21043&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2248 MB
Dedicated Memory: 474 MB
Shared Memory: 1774 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: AUO102C
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.016Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.15.0011.8688 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.11.8688
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/27/2009 20:12:21, 9493504 bytes

Sound Devices
Description: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_104313A3&REV_1000
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.5958 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 10/13/2009 02:39:37, 2015520 bytes

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
Drive: C:
Free Space: 19.4 GB
Total Space: 119.2 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST9500325AS

Drive: D:
Free Space: 342.2 GB
Total Space: 342.7 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST9500325AS

If anyone can help me figure out what is wrong I would appreciate it. The game did not have this problem until after I bought Pets. I have "fixed" the cc using TSR's RigFix. I have ensured my mods are either up-to-date or uninstalled. The game seems to crash more often whenever there is a dog around, I don't know if that is coincidence or meaningful. I have various other little issues that don't bother me too bad, such as horses not having eyes, and I do wonder if that has to do with the same problem that causes crashing.
I am planning on combining my D and C drives, does anyone think that would help?

PS: the game takes forever loading anything that is not actual play, such as loading in CAS (each new button takes about two minutes; clothing categories can take as much as five minutes), yet does not have lag when simply playing live. I also use fans to help cool my computer or it can start to overheat. The fans work very well and keep the computer cool to the touch.

Comments

• Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited April 2012
    Oh where do I start. Minmum Game requirement is a 2.4ghz Pentium 4 processor with win 7. You have a 1.3ghz processor. Even being dual core the cpu is way underpowered. This probably accounts for the slow loading and other poor performance. The video driver is very out of date and may be the biggest problem. Check ASUSTeK drivers to see if there is a newer one. The G210 is weak as it is an entry level graphics chip. The hard drive free space is starting to look small (if it isn't already). The D: drive has very little data if any. The low free space on the system drive could be a problem. The G210 video is Not listed for supporting PETS which will account for the deformed horse and I not so sure even an updated drive will fix it (it may but...).
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    AFeazyAFeazy Posts: 91 Member
    edited April 2012
    *****7 wrote:
    Oh where do I start. Minmum Game requirement is a 2.4ghz Pentium 4 processor with win 7. You have a 1.3ghz processor. Even being dual core the cpu is way underpowered. This probably accounts for the slow loading and other poor performance. The video driver is very out of date and may be the biggest problem. Check ASUSTeK drivers to see if there is a newer one. The G210 is weak as it is an entry level graphics chip. The hard drive free space is starting to look small (if it isn't already). The D: drive has very little data if any. The low free space on the system drive could be a problem. The G210 video is Not listed for supporting PETS which will account for the deformed horse and I not so sure even an updated drive will fix it (it may but...).

Thank you so much! I don't know anything about this kind of stuff, so you were a big help. Sorry if I sounded stupid not realizing that I have below the game requirement for the ghz processor. Do you think, with all of that being bad, that it would be better to buy the improvements or buy a new computer?