Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphics Issue at Neigborhood screen w/video attachment

Installed my sims 3. Smooth install. Game launcher works and the loading screens are fine. BUT after i pick my neighborhood to start my game, the neighborhood only looks like a bunch of black and white blocks...all i can see is the park fountain in the middle.

Im running the windows 8 consumer preview and have Nvidia GeForce 8500 Gt graphics.

Also, after i installed the game i got 2 error messages. "Unable to Identify Hardware" and "Unrecognized Video Card"

PLEASE HELP! Here is an attachment video of what i am experiencing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPO0Ds5MM8w

Comments

• Options
    SimJeff525SimJeff525 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Here's the link to the current Geforce driver for Windows 8:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-64bit-296.17-preview-driver.html

Until Microsoft officially releases Windows 8 (for sale) later this year, you're better off running The Sims 3 under XP, Vista, or 7.
    Trying to run it under the Win8 beta will likely be an execise in futility.
  • Options
    niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thank you so much. Ive been researching this all night. Apparently, I will have to downgrade to Windows 7 for sims to work. :*( I dont understand why EA cant make their games work on the newest OS, Windows 8 ...grrr this is so frustrating
    They need to come out with a patch for W8 soon or im going to be very mad!
  • Options
    steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited April 2012
    I've seen a few threads of people using the Windows 8 beta with the exact same problem for neighbourhood view. Since Windows 8 isn't officially released yet, it has a lot of compatibility issues, which will probably be fixed by the official release. Software and game companies also don't have their products updated yet, because it's not officially released. Going back to Windows 7 is your only solution, until Windows 8 is officially released and EA updates TS3 for it. It may still take a few months after the official release for it to be compatible, though, so I recommend waiting a bit.
  • Options
    niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thank you so much :) Now how do i switch back :(
    and how do i get my boyfriend to agree to do it
    i really really want to play sims :(
    im 21 years old and have been playing since sims 1
    Im having withdrawals :(