The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genie Questions,

Ok I did what I was suppose to, I froze the lamp, I heated the lamp, I took the darn lamp to the catacombs, yet I still have had no luck freeing the Genie completely, I no longer have the wishes coming, which I expected, but he/she returns to the lamp eaxch time, never joins my family, I still get the lamp in my inventory, and it still say to summon the Genie, yet when I do I can only react with him as if he were a visitor.... any one else having these issues, and if so anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.Merp! :D
sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png

Comments

• Options
    purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    edited April 2012
    no one knows anything on this subject?
  • Options
    ArtyArty Posts: 161 Member
    edited April 2012
    It sounds like the Genie wasn't freed properly. When the Genie is out of the lamp, is there anyway to resetSim on the Genie?

Also, do you have any mods? Do you have the latest patch?
    What world are you playing in?
    Visit my website: www.simified.com
    I also make YouTube videos: www.youtube.com/user/simifiedvideos/

<3 The Sims <3
  • Options
    petladypetlady Posts: 370 Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm wondering the obvious: whether you are freezing and heating the lamp as part of the opportunities. After you wish for the Genie's freedom you should get the opportunity windows. Doing them on your own will get you nowhere. So which is it?
  • Options
    ArtyArty Posts: 161 Member
    edited April 2012
    Basically what happens is you use one of your wishes to free the Genie. After doing so you should get instructions to put the Genie lamp in your Sims refridgerator. Then it will tell you it needs to be put in your Sims stove. After that it will say you need to go explore the catacombs (the Mausoleum) so go there and click on the Mausoleum and choose Explore Catacombs. Your Sim will go inside and you'll get some random pop-ups and have to make some choices.

Note: When putting the genie in the refridgerator, stove and exploring, the Genie will be inside the lamp.

Once done, your Sim will come out singed (like when your Sim uses the Chemistry Table and it fails) and then the Genie should just morph out of the lamp. :)
    Visit my website: www.simified.com
    I also make YouTube videos: www.youtube.com/user/simifiedvideos/

<3 The Sims <3
  • Options
    purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    edited April 2012
    yes did all of the above, when the opportunities came about, but after going through the final phase take the lamp into the catacombs, it did nothing the genie went back in to the lamp, and then I could summon the genie, but had no wishes which is understandable, but I shouldn't even have the lamp correct, I do have master controller /cheats, overwatch, errortrap,homeopener,and traffic mods installed. All from twain's site. I think that is how you spell it not sure though.