The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim Reaper

Can the Grim Reaper actually move in with someone?
Or is that just my whimsical thinking?

I've got a sim that is Grimmy's girlfriend, she's got a kid with him and another
on the way. I would like to have Grim move in with the family so the kids can actually know their father, but despite my numerous attempts, I've yet to get the "Ask to move in" option.
And don't tell me to use "testingcheatsenabled true" because that also doesn't work for me. "Trigger age transition" is the only option I get with shift-clicking.

Do I just need to keep killing my other unlucky sim and hope for the best?

Comments

• Options
    GagaSimsGagaSims Posts: 3,479 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't think he can.
    But if he can I would suggest to keep killing your unlucky sim to get the action.
  • Options
    DuckeheggDuckehegg Posts: 172 New Member
    edited July 2009

I've got a sim that is Grimmy's girlfriend, she's got a kid with him and another
    on the way. I would like to have Grim move in with the family so the kids can actually know their father, but despite my numerous attempts, I've yet to get the "Ask to move in" option.
    And don't tell me to use "testingcheatsenabled true" because that also doesn't work for me. "Trigger age transition" is the only option I get with shift-clicking.

I don't have an answer for you.
    But could you help me by telling me how you got your sim and him to like each other enough to have babies?
    He just doesn't stay long enough for me.
  • Options
    blondjesblondjes Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Can you only meet Grim if somebody died?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    blondjes wrote:
    Can you only meet Grim if somebody died?

Yes.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Duckehegg wrote:

But could you help me by telling me how you got your sim and him to like each other enough to have babies?

I don't know how she did it, but this is how I know how to do it.

When a sim dies, any sim nearby when Grim comes, automaticlly starts a relationship with him. (You can find this in the relationship panel.)
    You then need to use the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true" to drag up you relationship with Grim.
    And then you just have to flirt and do what needs to be done to have babies.
  • Options
    tofu_goodnesstofu_goodness Posts: 418 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Duckehegg wrote:
    I cheated lol. Turn "testingcheatsenabled true" on and once you've got Grim on the lot, pause your game (so he won't disappear), click and drag the friendship meter thing all the way to the left. That'll get you up best friends. And then perform nothing but romantic options on him to get to "romantic interest" level. Once Grim thinks your sim is "extremely irresistable" you'll have the option to try for a baby.

Having an unlucky sim helps greatly because they don't die. You can kill them over and over again and talk to Grim each time. But from what I've heard there are 3 Grim reapers, so you probably won't get the same one each time.