Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some building help please Thank you problem solved.Folly

follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
Hi Iam hoping you can help me. My latest WIP has holes in the ceiling that were not there before the top floor is in tact and working properly. :shock:
Here are some pictures to show the problem. Thank you for taking the time to look. Folly
Before
Screenshot-212.jpg

AFTER/ NOW

Screenshot-229.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WibbleLikeAJellyWibbleLikeAJelly Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited April 2012
    Do you have CFE on? It has happened to me a few times while that has been on. I seem to remember that if you delete all of the ceiling and undo it will work, but I'm not too sure.

--Wibble :)
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited April 2012
    That's happened to me before and what's fixed it in the past is deleting the tiles (with the dropper, not the hammer), then replacing them. Hopefully it'll work for you too! Good luck. Always such a bummer, especially when you've worked for so long on a build and there's these teeny weeny annoyances here and there. It always kills the whole effect for me. So sad!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited April 2012
    Folly that has happened to me before too. I didn't use CFE but still happened to me. :( I just deleted the roof and did the roof all over again. That worked. Good luck Folly!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thank you so much Wibble ,KLorelei and Yanti. :D:D I had used MOO but not CFC. Deleting the whole upper floor did the trick before I only deleted parts. :? Now I have saved a copy of the build , as I should of done before. :?
    Big Hug to you all a happy Folly :D:D
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited April 2012
    Folly, I have recently heard that MOO was also a culprit for ceiling holes and that MOO and CFE in combination would almost guarantee holes. I don't know that that is true, but svlyn is teaching a class right now on CFE and that is what people have been reporting.

I never play with MOO on because of possible routing errors, but I wonder if EA did something recently that causes futher issues with this cheat.

I do NOT know if this is true (and really hope it is not as I love to build with MOO) but I recently heard that an abundant use of MOO in creating a build, even if the cheat has been turned off prior to playing the game, will result in game lags as the game tries to navigate Sims around things that have been placed in what might be considered an "illegal" location by the game.

As I say, this is not something I have personal knowledge of, I have just heard it from a few people.

I'm really glad you got the ceiling holes fixed, that is SUCH a pain!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hi Zoo
    Thank you for the heads up about MOO and CFE. :D I must admit I do use MOO alot but rarely use CFE.
    :lol: Yes it is a pain when this happens after you have spent a long time on a build. But it was a timely reminder for me to save my builds more often. :D:D
    Hugs Folly