The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Patterns not showing up?

I've downloaded several custom patterns off the exchange. The recolors show up fine, but the new patterns don't show up in the game, they are just blanks under the misc section.

What do I have to do to be able to use these custom patterns?

Comments

• Options
    Kath235Kath235 Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2009
    That is a really good question and the answer has become even more complicated the longer that I look into it.
    The base game is not set up to use custom content and to make the game accept cc you have to mod the game with a Resource.cfg file put into your root sims 3 program file(Directions for this and/or an special installer monkey are available at Mod the Sims).
    However, even if you have made this mod I now hear that all new patterns will not work for you if you download them off the exchange. This is to do with different types of files which do not include the pattern with the download (ie the exchange was not set up to share custom patterns).
    Lastly some simmers are stating that if they upload a new pattern on an object then that pattern will work in your game. I haven't tried this yet so I can't say if that is true or not. Who knows?
    Anyway if you really want custom patterns that work I would suggest going to Mod the Sims or TSR to download them, then follow their installation suggestions.
    Please let me know if this was helpful. :)