Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions

So I've been wondering what EP I'll get next and I've been thinking about getting this one. I have generations, pets, ambitions, and late night so far. x3

What do you like about this EP?
What do you dislike?
What bugs/glitches have you had with this EP?
Can you travel whenever you want or can you only travel for quests?
If you like families in the Sims is this a bad EP?

I'll probably add more questions later...

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited April 2012
    I like that it adds totally different game play. If I get tired of the day to day life of my sim, I can send her off to Egypt to crawl through tombs.

It also add new skills, new fruits/vegetables to grow and new recipes.

What do you dislike?

IMO, it is the buggiest of the EPs. See below.

This EP is very prone to invisible sim syndrome. When you travel home, your sim is gone. Their thumbnail is just an empty green box.

There is also a bug in story progression that will marry your sim to a foreign local and give you children you never knew you had. You don't find out about it until you get home with a different last name and family tree.

Things that you buy and collect often will not make it home with you.

There is a bug that I don't quite understand but it has to do with a foreign local also being a tourist in your town. It will cause a crash.

Luckily, Twallan's Overwatch and ErrorTrap mods fix these.

You can travel whenever you want but you have to do quests to earn enough visa points to stay longer than 3 days.

Nope, my legacy sims travel all the time. I will also send someone off on vacation when controlling a full house is too much for me. I send only 1 or 2 sims at a time but you could send the whole family.
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the reply, while you made me want it more I'm not sure I want to buy it then need a mod to fix the problems... :roll: Eh, I'll just wait until I get bored with the Sims to get this.
  • Options
    manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited April 2012
    I like this ep alot! and not every one gets all the bugs! the only one I have ever had was the excavation bug (couldn't dig at the excavation sites) and it has baeen fixed with a patch!

If you like the idea of "tomb raiding" it's a good ep, the big complaint is that the tombs don't reset, but in RL if someone discovers a new tomb and explores it.... it doesn,t reset!

The spawners reset and you can re-do the quests, you just don't have to unlock the tomb anymore! wow that was alot of typing!

:mrgreen:

just my 2 simoleans! everyone is allowed to have thier own opinion! :)
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks manwitch, it's nice to know not everyone is having those glitches.:) I think I'm going to get this EP when I can.
  • Options
    billiealishafoxbilliealishafox Posts: 189
    edited April 2012
    ernesdo wrote:
    So I've been wondering what EP I'll get next and I've been thinking about getting this one. I have generations, pets, ambitions, and late night so far. x3

What do you dislike?

I'll probably add more questions later...

Thank you!

What do you like about this EP? I like how very multi-cultural it is. How you can explore further into foreign countries as some aspects of the countries - such as the kung fu training boards in Shang Simla, some of the recipes in all three countries, the pyramids in Al Simhara and the architecture in Champs Les Sims are real in real life. Also I love how your Sims can be adventurous and take adventures where there's many things that you have to do like collecting, excavating, exploring and even fighting. The skills are interesting and realistic like Simfu which it's real life equivalent is kung fu, there's more books to read and recipes to make that makes your Sim's cooking level rise up, there's more objects and more architectual objects to design your own cultural houses, there's the visa level that you can improve by doing the tempting adventures and at level three you can purchase your own vacation home and decorate it to how you want it to and when you are coming back one day with a family member, you can show them the awesome home that you've decorated and see their reactions. There's even chances to make friends with some of the local people and who knows? your relationship could go either way - enemies to even marriage! World Adventures carries on and expands one of the real and true meanings of The Sims 3: Anything's possible on The Sims 3! so now it's even possible on The Sims 3 World Adventures.

What do you dislike? Well, The Sims 3 WA is not my favourite EP as Late Night is but I don't really have anything bad to say about it - just the locals. I hate some of the locals as some of them are proper JERKS.

What glitches/bugs have you had with this EP? I've not really had any glitches or bugs but there's one I'm very aware of which is the "vacational romance" one - where your Sim randomly has a child with one of the three countries' locals (depending on what country you visited). Then you go back home with a different last name and your family tree has a child on it and the foreign parent on it too.

Can you travel whenever you want or can you only travel for quests? Well, you can't really travel whenever you want - if you have Late Night installed, if you have been bit by a vampire and has the "Unusual Blemish" moodlet, you cannot travel and if your Sim is a female and is pregnant, you cannot travel then as you would have to stay at home and give birth to the baby. But other than them times, you can travel. And you don't have to travel just for quests! You can buy things at the local market, meet the locals, visit the base camp or a vacation home (if you have a Visa level 3 in the destination), collect collectables while not in quests... you can do loads other than quests...

If you like families in The Sims, is this a bad EP? Well no really.

• Options
    Grace455Grace455 Posts: 54
    edited April 2012
    my games fine but dont go to China!my friends and my game always freezes there but its good i have all the expaintion packs and WA is my Favorit!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thank you both for your replies! It means a lot, especially with all of that detail. :shock: Now I know I have to get the EP! :D