Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with the Singing career

I'm not quite sure what the problem is. At first, my singer was able to do it all: perform gigs; perform for tips in the park; etc. Then he got one steady gig. It still all worked: he could do SimFests and get gigs, perform for tips, and go to his steady gig.

Then he got a second steady gig. He could no longer go to any steady gig, but he could still do all the rest. He kept getting steady gigs and I cancelled as many of them as possible - he's now down to two and there's no way to cancel them at this time (as the option never shows up).

Yesterday I played for about 3 hours: he was able to do everything bar the two steady gigs that can't be cancelled. Today I turn on the game and he can do nothing. He can't audition for a gig anywhere, he can't perform the gigs he already has, the two steady gigs still can't be cancelled and he now can't perform for tips.

He is one performance away from completing his lifetime wish, and now he's stuck and can't do a single thing. Anyone got any solutions/tips/tricks to sort this?

edited to add: the only difference between yesterday and today is that he had a birthday before a gig. He went from YA to Adult.

Comments

• Options
    maddiegirlymaddiegirly Posts: 63 New Member
    edited April 2012
    This has happened to me many times. There is something about this expansion that corrupts the town or sim over time. I have started to save my sims to the bin when things are going well. I can then move my saved sims to a fresh new town if they become corrupt or they lose their stage props. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.
  • Options
    emakav2emakav2 Posts: 122
    edited April 2012
    This has happened to me many times. There is something about this expansion that corrupts the town or sim over time. I have started to save my sims to the bin when things are going well. I can then move my saved sims to a fresh new town if they become corrupt or they lose their stage props. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

It's funny that you should say that, and I really hope you see this, but it's the clothes they wear as a singer I think. I did save my guy to the bin and moved him to a new town like you suggested, and he works fine, but I got in to the old game last night and scrapped his work clothes, with the exception of the default singer's outfit for his level, and he works fine again now too.

Steady gigs bugging out seems to be a widespread thing, and not related to the other problems. *shrug* I guess this is another thing to add to the list of "Things EA don't give a **** about before putting out a new game"? :wink:
  • Options
    trokketilletrokketille Posts: 7
    edited April 2012
    The singing career acts a little wierd for me as well. When my female sim got pregnant, her steady gigs stopped appearing but she still gets paid for them :roll: . Even now when her kids are teenagers, she still doesn't get reminders about her steady gigs - but I can send her to perform if I want to. If she doesn't, somehow she gets money anyway :lol:
  • Options
    Hana_BorealisHana_Borealis Posts: 347 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I'm having a similar issue. Haven't tried to get my sim to do another gig, but shes got one for Wed and a steady on Thurs. Cept it still thinks she has that Wed gig even though it is over. Anyone having this specific issue?

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Items, no mods.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods - n/a

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never used.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A

5. Do you have Showtime or just the Patch ? Showtime

6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.31 1.32 or 1.33 ? - Patch 1.33

7. If you are on Patch 1.32 do you have new skin tones and Werewolf sliders (mouth, nose) in CAS ? - No

8. Do you have a Showtime Collection (in buy/build mode) ? Yes

9. Did you start a new game for Showtime or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing Starlight Shores

10. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Starlight Shores

11. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win Vista

12. Did you disable SimPort ? No, but never used.

13. Did you disable the Social Features ? No.
  • Options
    LollypopRULZLollypopRULZ Posts: 19
    edited April 2012
    what i really hate about this expansion pack is that there is always one glitch or another... i had this problem were no matter how high the athletics skill or high the career level my sim would always fail at a trick in the acrobatics profession. if you want to just get it over and done with you can always do testingCheatsEnabled true and the hold down shift while dragging the careers bar up...

• Options
    RobECoyoteRobECoyote Posts: 267 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I think it's something similar to the way the consignment store used to glitch out (The NPC at the checkout used to change very regularly, and when it changed, your whole consignment skill progress got wiped. It got fixed so the NPC stays the same).
    What seems to happen is that after a while, the game 'refreshes' the proprietor NPC's and they switch venues (or sometimes get completely replaced), but any steady gigs you have at a venue stay tied to the proprietor NPC it had at the time, so you can only cancel it with that same proprietor. If they've just switched to another venue, just go to map view and see if any of the other venues let you 'cancel steady gig'. If the original proprietor has been 'moved out of town' by the game, you're out of luck and stuck with no way of cancelling the gig.

Hopefully, mechanics wise, it's very similar to the consignment store glitch, which means they can fix it pretty easily for the next patch. If not, well...might take quite a while.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited April 2012
    Have you tried one very simple fix? Try changing him into his career outfit. I know it sounds stupid but you'd be amazed at the problems career outfits are causing. It probably won't do anything for the steady gig issue (another issue entirely) but it will probably fix the other issues. If that doesn't work, create a second career outfit, have him change into that and see what happens.
    moxiegraphix on Origin