Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finding a Rainbow Gem?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    smdoer01smdoer01 Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    I found a rainbow gem in Egypt when I went through the Sphinx. It's right before you get to the last part of the Sphinx. You have to dig it out from under a pile of rubble. Hope this helps :D
  • Options
    BritishmoonerBritishmooner Posts: 10
    edited September 2013
    I have a rainbow gem but it won't show the thing I need to do with it,does the gem need to be cut or uncut for the Imaginary friend thing?
  • Options
    sophhpoosophhpoo Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    Sorry for reviving this but in Starlight Shores, I actually found my Rainbow Gem across the road from Quaint Cottage (it's on the hill where all the expensive houses are). If you just go across the road from the house and look around a little, the gem might have spawned there? (:
  • Options
    hammylover247hammylover247 Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    I think tht training a dog and reaching level 9 on the potion table would be the 2 easy suggestions.
    I feel like the miner might be hard because i don't know where to buy and or find one.
    :?: :wink:
  • Options
    Suchalady86Suchalady86 Posts: 1 New Member
    So if we do the cheat we have to wait for the gem to spawn? I have potions to make him real but I have a quest that calls for me to find a rainbow gem. I have Showtime pet and ambitions up it will only let me to use 3 at a time and im scared if i put wa on i will have to start over please help!
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Suchalady86 , if you place a gem spawner from the buydebug tab then you will have to wait for the gem to spawn. I don't think there's a rainbow specific spawner, but the link to Carl's guide will list which spawners have the possibility to spawn a rainbow gem. You'll just have to wait for it to spawn. The advantage is that you know where to look. I've never done the chest method, but that would require WA.

You can use the potion at any time; it will save you money. The first potion is free. If I recall correctly, completing the opportunity will require the sim to bring the same amount of money (4500 simoleons is the price for more Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potions) to the Science facility. You don't have to do the opportunity if you'd rather do the potion. See the wiki entry on Imaginary Friends.

Installing WA won't require you to start your game over. But back up your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder before installing just in case.

Lastly, you can run as many EPs as your computer can handle. The message to run only a few packs is just a generic one everyone (on patch 1.69) gets.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited September 2017
    Funny you should have this question, I just was looking for one tonight. I thought it would be harder. I sent one Sim to rummage through the rich people's trash (in Twinbrook), I bought a miner (from the consignment shop, I put it in the backyard) and had another Sim dig for one and I had a third Sim work the claw machine repeatedly. Within 2 Sim days all three had a rainbow gem. It took longer to get the heart shape cut unlocked than finding the gem.