Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Invisible baby

hwwnrs.jpg

I have been having a problem ever since Showtime, when my sim has a baby it ends up with just his feet in view, then when i shut down and restart my baby is invisible but my sim is walking round like she is holding him and she cant do any thing! i have tried every thing from ageing up resetting the sim. I have started a brand new game in a new town with different sims and still it has happened again HELP PLEASE i dont want to reinstall :(

Comments

• Options
    duckeggpieduckeggpie Posts: 27
    edited March 2012
    Sorry Jackie...I have no idea...really hope someone can help you soon :)
  • Options
    Longcat123Longcat123 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited March 2012
    Have you recently downloaded any CC? Have you recently downloaded any sims from the exchange?
  • Options
    JACKIESEANJACKIESEAN Posts: 148
    edited March 2012
    Longcat123 wrote:
    Have you recently downloaded any CC? Have you recently downloaded any sims from the exchange?

I never download sims from the exchange but i do have a few bits on makeup cc, that is all though
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Longcat123 wrote:

I never download sims from the exchange but i do have a few bits on makeup cc, that is all though
    What website did you get the make-up from? Mod the sims, TSR (never go there), a sim blog, etc.

EDIT: You should check this to see if your CC is anywhere on this list.
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html
    and check this out too
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/custard-wrong-categoryagegender-for-cloth-or-accessory.html
  • Options
    KoveeKovee Posts: 880 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hi, I have had the same thing. I have master controller mod and I use the reset sim there and it fixes it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Kovee wrote:
    Hi, I have had the same thing. I have master controller mod and I use the reset sim there and it fixes it.

I have tried that one to and it didnt work for me :( i think it night be some thing to do with the new patch :(
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Longcat123 wrote:
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Longcat123 wrote:

What website did you get the make-up from? Mod the sims, TSR (never go there), a sim blog, etc.

EDIT: You should check this to see if your CC is anywhere on this list.
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html
    and check this out too
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/custard-wrong-categoryagegender-for-cloth-or-accessory.html

Thanks i will take all cc out tomorrow and see if it works, it getting a little late in the UK right now and thank you X
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Kovee wrote:

I have master controller in, could you just remind me how to reset sim PLZ and ill give it another go xx
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Kovee wrote:

I have master controller in, could you just remind me how to reset sim PLZ and ill give it another go xx
    Since I haven't had to reset a sim in a while with MC, I might be wrong but I think you click on the cityhall and look for the MC options. Once you've found it click on it and look for the option to either reset active sim or reset town. I'd recommend reseting the whole town since you've said that you're having problems with it. Good luck :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Longcat123 wrote:
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Kovee wrote:

Since I haven't had to reset a sim in a while with MC, I might be wrong but I think you click on the cityhall and look for the MC options. Once you've found it click on it and look for the option to either reset active sim or reset town. I'd recommend reseting the whole town since you've said that you're having problems with it. Good luck :)

I tried to reset whole town but it didnt work, the baby is invisible after restarting, as below :(

iz5koy.jpg
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm having this same problem, except with one of my twins.

resetsim didn't work for me either!!!

Did you find a fix? all I have is Twallan's SP mod, I had to remove this in able for my sim to give birth correctly :shock:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Longcat123 wrote:
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Kovee wrote:

I tried to reset whole town but it didnt work, the baby is invisible after restarting, as below :(

iz5koy.jpg
    I don't if this will work or not try uninstalling MC. Another person in another thread is also having the same problem, and according to them once they uninstalled Nrass' mods before the baby was born, the problem was gone. I'm not sure if it will work at this point though, to be honest :?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Longcat123 wrote:
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Longcat123 wrote:
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Kovee wrote:

I only had the story progression when she gave birth, i put master controller in to try and fix it ?

iz5koy.jpg
    I don't if this will work or not try uninstalling MC. Another person in another thread is also having the same problem, and according to them once they uninstalled Nrass' mods before the baby was born, the problem was gone. I'm not sure if it will work at this point though, to be honest :?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Longcat123 wrote:
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Longcat123 wrote:
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Kovee wrote:

iz5koy.jpg

Yes that's me lol :D

I had to use a previous save, but yes, once the mod was removed she hd the babies fine. I just want to know if there is a fix for this in case it happens again lol

The stuff I put up with for this game :roll:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I only had the story progression when she gave birth, i put master controller in to try and fix it ? do you have any mods in To7m ?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    To7m wrote:
    Longcat123 wrote:
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Longcat123 wrote:
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    Kovee wrote:

What mod did you have in and what did you remove ??

iz5koy.jpg

Yes that's me lol :D

I had to use a previous save, but yes, once the mod was removed she hd the babies fine. I just want to know if there is a fix for this in case it happens again lol

The stuff I put up with for this game :roll:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Just letting you all know that I have alerted Nrass about this issue on his forums :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    JACKIESEAN wrote:
    I only had the story progression when she gave birth, i put master controller in to try and fix it ? do you have any mods in To7m ?

I only use the Story Progression mod, and like I said, once I removed it, she had the babies fine.

Now I know others are having this issue, I'm getting worried it'll happen again... I don't want to have to remove the mod everytime a kid is born.

The funny thing is... all the NPC sims in my town don't seem to be having this problem :?

I have also posted on Nraas' site about this issue, he told me to upload the Script Error, which I couldn't because I deleted it :cry:

if you are able to upload it he may be able t help us
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Longcat123 wrote:
    Just letting you all know that I have alerted Nrass about this issue on his forums :)

Many thanks, I too, have posted on his forums
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I have upload a Script Error file to Nraas' site, hopefully should have a solution soon :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    To7m wrote:
    I have upload a Script Error file to Nraas' site, hopefully should have a solution soon :)
    Great! Now I hope from here we can find out what the problem is :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    OK,

This is what I have been told by twallan himself

'That is an error regarding having a baby with a Genie, where the mod is attempting to remove the "Genie Occult Trait" from the newborn and is failing in the process.

At the moment you have no way to work around the issue, other than stop using "Try For Baby" with Genies.

Was this pregnancy generated by the mod itself ? Do you actually have a lot of Genies running around town at the moment ? :)'

I have asked him whether he is working on a fix

WHAT I DO KNOW IS THAT IF YOU REMOVE THE MOD WHILE SHE IS PREGNANT/IN LABOUR (AT HOME) THE BABIES ARE BORN ERROR FREE!

Will keep you guys updated :D

UPDATE: Twallan says the issue will be fixed in the next release - I'm just finding out when this will be :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Turns out the problem is when you try to have a baby with a genie. So all you have to do is remove the mod when your sim is pregnant with a genie baby.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I asked if Twallan had any specific dates for a SP update release,

and I quote: 'Not really. StoryProgression is my current project, however real-life work is currently the higher priority at the moment. :)'

so hopefully, there shoud be an update in the future. for now, my mods are OUT
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks so much guys, i will take the mod out and try again XX ill let you know what happens, and thank you xx