Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CANVAS Cycle Two Preview

CanvasC2Banner.png

So what is Canvas? Canvas is a unique kind of competition that does not require one specific model per assignment. The assignments are meant to be different from your typical modeling experience. This competition focuses on creating many different types of art. You may focus on a specific type of art OR the PURPOSE of the art. You may or may not have seen cycle one. Many of the assignments will be the same or similar. Here are some examples:

You'z trollin
Propaganda/Political Art
Pop art
Cover art (as in YOUR cover of a famous work of art)

Also, there may be an unusual twist in the assignment, such as an object being the focus of your shot rather than your sim. Editing IS allowed, of course excluding face plastering. However, if it no longer resembles a SIMS picture you may take a heavy deduction in points.

Amazing work from Cycle One:
CycleOneCollage.png

CanvasRules-1.png

1. Play nice. Just common courtesy.
2. I'm incredibly lenient with deadlines, however I will not force everyone to wait a rediculous amount of time on one person, especially round after round.
3. As stated before, editing is allowed but by no means required.
4. I know I can't enforce this, but being a no show without letting us know you are dropping is just INCREDIBLY rude. So.. yeah don't do it.
5. It is okay to ask questions about scores, and I have been known to make an error. Totally point that out! But please if you disagree with scores, don't be rude about it!
6. If you have a question about whether or not something is acceptable, you ARE allowed to PM me with the image and ask. I don't feel like it is cheating to ask for my opinion, help, etc with pics because everyone can do it!

CanvasCritics.png

JKAmaryllisJudge.png
VanadisJudge.png

I plan on once in a while (after judging so this does not have an effect on scores) having a community vote for a crowd favorite... and the winner will recieve a siggy!
jz8tDGb.png
Steam: JKAmaryllis

Comments

• Options
    JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited March 2012
    THIS IS NOT SIGNUPS! I will not be having signups just yet. Just want to get a feel of who is interested!
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    hoxha01hoxha01 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited March 2012
    I lurked the first Cycle & might join this one cause it's something different & I'm getting bored with the same old same old now, lol!
    31742461120_345ca56988_b.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Awesome! I plan on hosting it here and Unbound! It's going to be awesome!
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hey JK, I will def sign up when you open signups!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • Options
    H3l3N3497EGROMONTH3l3N3497EGROMONT Posts: 2,880
    edited March 2012
    I will sign up when you open :)
  • Options
    SassyDanaSassyDana Posts: 2,375 Member
    edited March 2012
    This sounds fun! I might join. ^__^
    110zzsw.gif
  • Options
    cptnindecisoincptnindecisoin Posts: 311
    edited March 2012
    I never saw the first cycle but this sounds pretty awesome. I'm in another comp that just started but I'd be able to handle two comps at once so I'm all for it!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Going to try my best to get signups up today or at the very latest tomorrow :) Visiting family today thats a 2 hour drive away hehe
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    CreatureFearSimsCreatureFearSims Posts: 234
    edited April 2012
    If I have time, I might consider joining. It looks fun!
  • Options
    ALMAinWONDERLANDALMAinWONDERLAND Posts: 1,981
    edited April 2012
    Id love to join! Im getting kinda tired of the same theme for comps. But i need to up my editing skills haha
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Awesome! Would love to see you both! (btw change in plans so I will be updating)

Also thinking of doing my own example thing so I can show what I'm looking for versus what I'm not to clarify. BTW most assignments won't be as.. modelish as this one. :D
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    ALMAinWONDERLANDALMAinWONDERLAND Posts: 1,981
    edited April 2012
    Its sounding really interesting, cant wait for the sign ups.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    jz8tDGb.png