Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No gift button?

DaeliaDaelia Posts: 2,643 Member
Why why whyyyy!!!

Was the site downtime yesterday REALLY because they were stealing our gift button for the DD's!!?
Whyyyyy would they doooo that!!! :shock:
Isn't that a loss for them?? What do they have against us?

Comments

• Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited March 2012
    Daelia wrote:
    Why why whyyyy!!!

Was the site downtime yesterday REALLY because they were stealing our gift button for the DD's!!?
    Whyyyyy would they doooo that!!! :shock:
    Isn't that a loss for them?? What do they have against us?

It's their loss, take away the gift button they lose out on sales.

The daily deals are messed up, they are already repeating and they skipped 4 items. They went directly to the previous deals as expired and did not let people buy them.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Woooowwww... so they broke it reeeeally good... :roll:
  • Options
    Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited March 2012
    As long as we get some new sets today, I'll be happy! though I need to remember not to buy them right away just in case they go on sell. I spent 400sp more then I needed to when the world's collide came out because I was too impatient and bought it right away.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Kryst51 wrote:
    As long as we get some new sets today, I'll be happy! though I need to remember not to buy them right away just in case they go on sell. I spent 400sp more then I needed to when the world's collide came out because I was too impatient and bought it right away.

I had that happen with the last new set :? but it CLAIMED to be on sale and charged me full price so I gave live chat onnne last try and I now resolve to NEVER use the live chat ever again and ended up calling them for my refund on the overcharge... the phone reps are usually awesome!

but I had intentions of flinging DD's at ppl today and now I can't!!!! :x :cry:
  • Options
    thesimlingthesimling Posts: 4,486 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Some people may say this post is angry and irrational - please people, I'm going to try my best...

For people like me, who get 1000 SimPoints every 6 months or so (if any)... the Thursday Daily Deals are the BEST THING EVER. Amazing deals, and more happiness to share around.

Now? I can only get 10-14 people gifts? :cry:
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited March 2012
    Yup... There is no gift button on my end either >.>
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    thesimling wrote:
    Some people may say this post is angry and irrational - please people, I'm going to try my best...

For people like me, who get 1000 SimPoints every 6 months or so (if any)... the Thursday Daily Deals are the BEST THING EVER. Amazing deals, and more happiness to share around.

Now? I can only get 10-14 people gifts? :cry:

Angry... understandable... irrational? not at all... I'm genuinely upset I can't throw DD's at ppl!! :cry: :x :evil: :!:

Edit to add:
    Not to mention how they broke the DD in general...
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited March 2012
    This is sad considering they had site maintenance yesterday.

They must lose a lot of sales when they omit the gifting link. Last week I spent almost 5000 SimPoints on Thursday alone gifting these deals, all of which were 75% off:

1. Back 2 Back Bunk Beds
    2. Infinite Flow Hot Tub
    3. The Cow Plant Milkshake Maker Spring Ride
    4. Little Rocketeer Quantum Sandbox
    5. Ultra Wishy Washer
    6. Ultra Dryer
    7. Bellies of the Cow Plant Beast Arcade Machine
    8. Alvar Vintage Chill Well Refrigerator
    9. Alvar Vintage Designer Dishwasher
    10. Camotrash Rubbish Bin
    11. X-J-4s0m3
    12. Radio Wavestreaming Condenser
  • Options
    SharonjSharonj Posts: 5,246 Member
    edited March 2012
    :cry: Why would they do that? :x
  • Options
    Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited March 2012
    Now that I think about it.... If you've bought the Simpoints, they already have your money whether you've used them or not....

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the daily deals, esp on Thursday, and I LOVE to gift too, I am also sure that they will fix the problem even though maybe not in time for today. :(
  • Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited March 2012
    It just skipped 3 deals and put up the Safari Fireplace again, 2 times in a row.

Something is definately wrong with the daily deals.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Kryst51 wrote:
    Now that I think about it.... If you've bought the Simpoints, they already have your money whether you've used them or not....

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the daily deals, esp on Thursday, and I LOVE to gift too, I am also sure that they will fix the problem even though maybe not in time for today. :(

True... but... This situation Discourages the 'need' to buy More simpoints if we can't gift the DDs...

It wasn't too long ago that they had this same DD problem, and that was for well over a month.. they fixed it for a cpl months... and now it's back :? whatever they did, they reverted back to broken :roll:
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited March 2012
    Wishlist's are playing up too.
    Mines saying (3) when there's 65 on there.

I'm getting the 'No wishlist' on some people's page until I click it & then I can see the items. & Now I'm getting the 'Be right back' Page.

Their 'maintenance' broke the site more, as per normal.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited March 2012
    beggining to think that EA deep down don't like money or custumors.... but so deep that they denie it if we ask.... they seem to do all they can that we will NOT spend money on them....

yup can't see the gift button either.... sure removes the urgh to get more points
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    anettesb wrote:
    beggining to think that EA deep down don't like money or custumors.... but so deep that they denie it if we ask.... they seem to do all they can that we will NOT spend money on them....

yup can't see the gift button either.... sure removes the urgh to get more points

You're right, it does seem like they Try to annoy us and run us off... First with the simbook pages, people had to un-friend, and ignore/block and other things.. now we can't gift our friends and get a deal at the same time...
    What's next?
    It's like we're not allowed to be nice to our simmer friends!
  • Options
    DramadramadramaDramadramadrama Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited March 2012
    Wishlist's are playing up too.
    Mines saying (3) when there's 65 on there.

I'm getting the 'No wishlist' on some people's page until I click it & then I can see the items. & Now I'm getting the 'Be right back' Page.

Their 'maintenance' broke the site more, as per normal.

This exact same thing is happening to me it only says i have 3 things on my wishlist when i have like 30 or so.. What is happening.. And the DD keep repeating all day