Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skyscraper Shells - Issue Since Showtime

I never had this problem before, but now since installing Showtime I am getting an error with my skyscraper shells. I had a package / mod installed that allowed me to access them prior, but now when I place one it says that it is missing those front doors and there is a white cube in their place.

My sim can go in, but as you can see in the pictures the doors to the shell are missing and then there is that dreadful box. Any ideas on how to fix it / the link to redownload the building shells?

Screenshot-1479.jpg

Screenshot-1480.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited March 2012
    SimRealtor,

I access the skyscraper shells through the buydebug menu without a mod. You really shouldn't use a mod for something that you can already do in the game.

Just enter these two cheats "testingcheatsabled true" and "buydebug" and you should than be able to access them without the mod. You don't even have to enter the first one if your inside Create A World's edit in game mode.
  • Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Well, the mod lets you access the apartment mailboxes and garbage chutes, so I consider it necessary.
  • Options
    Verbaltee99Verbaltee99 Posts: 403 New Member
    edited March 2012
    You do know HugeLunatic has had a download for just the trash thingy and thr mailbox since the release of Late Night. If memory serves me correct, there was never no need for a mod to unlock the shells.
  • Options
    SHadowfiend69SHadowfiend69 Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2012
    The trash shutes are included in buydebug but the mailboxes arnt.
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited March 2012
    Well when Late Night first came out, only a few of those skyscrapers - like 2, were available in Buydebug which is why I first started using the mod. There was also one for the food truck so I use that as well. I was not aware there was one for just the trash chute / mailbox... does anyone have a link?
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited March 2012
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well I removed the mod, and tried what was there and it still says...

Missing Object resource instance
    Shelldoormetalglass

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    LeeMortisLeeMortis Posts: 557 Member
    edited March 2012
    Well, I just noticed the very same thing in my game, so there's definitely something amiss. The door it claims to be missing is 'shellDoorMetalGlass'

Anyone able to do this? It doesn't affect all the high-rises, but some of them... since I tried them all just now to see what would happen. Supposedly those who use that particular door.

EDIT:
    I just removed all my mods and tried it again, and the problem persists. I'd be interested to hear if anyone can place those and get the doors on all buildings (wish they'd named them differently so I could tell you which ones are troublesome, but they're all called Metropolitan Building.

It happens on the first one in my debug menu, if they are listed in the same order... it's one of the larger ones - with a large base, with lots of pillars, and a thinner top part with a lot going on... balconies a plenty, different angles and the ability to add a top level deck.

EDIT2:

Also, interesting. On lots I had built prior to Showtime, where I'd used the same buildings that now do not generate a door, but rather the white square... the door those old builds have is the "Door to Ramona's Heart"... not metal glass door... could be the reason, perhaps?

This is very upsetting, since I was finally fixing to build some of those downtown lots that I've been longing to do for my world... and now I can't do it because of this.

EDIT3:

Ok, CTRL+SHIFT clicking allowed me to delete the white box (with testingcheatsenabled on). And, then I could place a wall and a regular game door in it's place... didn't even need moveobjects on for that one. I would assume this will work, but it's getting late here and I don't have time to test it in live mode today... I'll get to it tomorrow.

Hey... not a bad thing, actually, as I can choose different doors for the entrance...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well I am glad to hear that its not just me, but.... then again not because how do we fix it?
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited March 2012
    SimRealtor,

You could also get the apartment mailbox and a few others object here, without having to use a mod.

CAW Items for use!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/369917.page

Download these lots, and you will be able to use these objects without having a mod installed. The only problem is, you won't be able to use the other ones on the same lot, so if you want a lot with an apartment mailbox, food truck and tents, for some reason, you'll be out of luck. But other than that you'll be fine.

Don't forget to thank Aynat134 and Bluefunk.
  • Options
    LeeMortisLeeMortis Posts: 557 Member
    edited March 2012
    Damienf519 wrote:
    You could also get the apartment mailbox and a few others object here, without having to use a mod.

I don't think this has got anything to do with mods, since it happens to me without any at all.

Either way. I tried using the regular game doors, and it appears to work perfectly fine. Choosing to visit the lot made the Sim enter as he should and the door opened and closed just fine. He did go through the wall when I hadn't placed the walls all around the interior, but once that was done everything works seamlessly... and I get a "custom door" as well.

Still irritating, but there is a workaround that works perfectly well until this issue can be solved...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @ Lee - Thank you for posting the information! That is most helpful - I can work without the doors but the white box would drive me nuts! =D Thanks!!!
  • Options
    SHadowfiend69SHadowfiend69 Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2012
    I don't have showtime so,

I havn't played sims, the game at least, every since I started on this world. I noticed in caw there are the doors in the objects menu. not sure why so I don't tough 'em.

I ignore the mailboxes and use the standard one most of the time. for food truck lots there is a tiny lot in bridge port which just has a subway, some tile that matches the default sidewalk, and a food truck lot. I just past that into an empty lot, delete all but the food truck, and use that.
  • Options
    kraziikattkraziikatt Posts: 69
    edited October 2012
    I've been having the same issue too. I used the cheat to delete the box and it still didn't fix the problem. I just have no doors on the ground floor of my apartment. Looks funny and it kind of annoying but what can you do?
    It's all apartments you can use for a custom build - I checked. As soon as you place them that box shows up.
    I wonder if someone will make a mod to download that **** glass door.
  • Options
    KimBauerKimBauer Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2013
    i've got the same problem :( does anyone find a solution?
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited August 2013
    You can find replacement doors for all the LN & ST shells under debug.
    Don't need a mod to access them.
    Edit:spelling
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com