Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My patch keeps pausing?

I'm reinstalling The Sims 3 after my hard drive crashed, and the Launcher says I have to update my game in order to play. But every time I try to update, I get the PatchProgress window, and the download keeps pausing. So I hit the Play button (little green square) and it still says Paused!

Any ideas on what to do? I don't get any error messages or anything. Just a (Paused) at the top of the window.
Thanks!

Specs:
HP Pavilion dv4
Windows 7 Home Premium
2.33 GHz Intel Core i3 Processor
4 GB of RAM

Comments

• Options
    AngelicMiseryAngelicMisery Posts: 397 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Bump. And it's update 1.31 from 02/29/2012
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    bump.
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited March 2012
    Hi,

Have you tried resetting your internet connection, specifically the modem device being used to connect to the internet? That should help resolve the stalled download issue. If not, you can download and apply the version 1.31 PC base game Super Patcher:

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.31.118.0150xx_update.exe

This is an official download link from EA. Version 1.31 is required in order to install and play Showtime. For those using the DVD disc version of Showtime, the base game Super Patcher will already be on the disc itself, located under Support/Updates.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I've reset the connection a few times over the last day or so, but with no luck. Now the PatchProgress window is telling me the download is paused, as it's still downloading data. :D
    I'll look into the Super Patcher, but I tested the download earlier today and it said it was going to take three hours... This might turn into a weekend project. lol
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Done! I just let it download even though it said "Paused" took about two hours, but I got it. :D Update 1.32 finished too, so I'm all caught up now.
  • Options
    ChrissieWoodChrissieWood Posts: 20
    edited January 2013
    I get this with every single patch, and even though it finishes, my launcher tells me that I need to install it, and the launcher isn't updated to the latest patch. Drives me bonkers and I have to manually install each patch. Would really appreciate someone sorting this out. I've un-installed, my internet connection is fine, and I'm sick of manually installing patches. I have no mods or cc.

With the latest patch, this is what the downloader says:

Downloading www.thesims3.com/launcher/patches/-1998737222(paused)
  • Options
    MrJiggminMrJiggmin Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    For me, the problem was my antivirus software. Try disabling it while doing the update.
  • Options
    WinstonMeWinstonMe Posts: 22 New Member
    edited February 2014
    When I saw that mine was paused I pressed the play button and nothin happened. So then i pressed pause to experiment and it started working! Weird. It still says (paused) at te top but it's doing its thing