Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Katy Perry Themed Stuff Pack *Closed and Over With* (Delete)

I have nothing against Katy Perry but i'don't want her messing up my sims game i wasnt very happy when EA made the special edition. I really think EA needs to stop and put more thought into the next SP and EP and not just half-*** stuff. EA if they want to give us some Katy Perry stuff do it in a store set NOT a SP lets keep the sps for important stuff not some star we are all gonna forget about in about 5 to 10 years please. if you want suggest some other things EA can do, they say the ask simmers for ideas but i don't think they do

Comments

• Options
    daciasildaciasil Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm pretty sure that Sims developers have a contract with Katy Perry. She helped them to promote Showtime, and now they'll help her to promote her image with a dedicated SP.I don't think the Katy Themed SP is something that EA can change or recant because most likely they have a contract.
    I hadn't heard of Katy Perry until Showtime, and while giant fruit isn't really my thing, this SP *might* have some nice content. Who knows? There might be some nice, non-fruit decor or furniture in this SP.
    Besides, this wouldn't be that new of a precedent given that in Sims 2 we got H&M stuff and IKEA Stuff Packs.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm really do apologize, but this is insanely silly.

They offered you a version of Showtime that did not have the Katy Perry stuff...

So you didn't have to buy the Katy Perry stuff...

But you want to start a petition so that they don't release expansions in the future with celebrity stuff in them.. even though they will give us an edition that comes without it... so those of us who don't like the cover celebrity stuff don't have to have to endure it in our game.. but so those who do want it can have it...

The system seems pretty fair at the moment. If you like it, you can buy it, if you don't, you can buy the game without it.

As for the SP.. it's a SP.. so it's just silly filler. That's the definition of a STUFF pack. A pack of stuff, that we honestly don't need, but might be fun. Just like with Master Suite etc, if you like it, you get it, if you don't.. you.. well.. don't... Not a huge giant fruit fan, so I probably won't, but I'm also a completionist, so I just might. lol

I honestly don't understand what you're complaining about.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    FelineFine09FelineFine09 Posts: 28
    edited March 2012
    I have to agree with the two simmers above me. If you don't like it then you don't have to buy it. Wait for the next EP and/or SP. Personally I like Katy Perry, but seeing as how I'm having trouble with Showtime at the moment I'm none too concerned with her SP. Just my two cents :3
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited March 2012
    Well you can't ignore the fact that the're naming a whole Stuff Pack after a celebrity. That seems a little too over the top IMO. Imagine an Expansion called 'The Sims 3 George Clooney Weather Days'.. Not really appealing (for us guys) as Sweet Treats, but you get the jist.

I'm against the idea of naming SP's or EP's after celebrities. This might be the first SP I won't buy. :?:
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm really do apologize, but this is insanely silly.

They offered you a version of Showtime that did not have the Katy Perry stuff...

So you didn't have to buy the Katy Perry stuff...

But you want to start a petition so that they don't release expansions in the future with celebrity stuff in them.. even though they will give us an edition that comes without it... so those of us who don't like the cover celebrity stuff don't have to have to endure it in our game.. but so those who do want it can have it...

The system seems pretty fair at the moment. If you like it, you can buy it, if you don't, you can buy the game without it.

As for the SP.. it's a SP.. so it's just silly filler. That's the definition of a STUFF pack. A pack of stuff, that we honestly don't need, but might be fun. Just like with Master Suite etc, if you like it, you get it, if you don't.. you.. well.. don't... Not a huge giant fruit fan, so I probably won't, but I'm also a completionist, so I just might. lol

I honestly don't understand what you're complaining about.
    I think the OP is talking about the upcomming SP with Katy Perry theme here in this thread
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/515166.page

I think this is a valid concern. Why cater to a minority segment of the fan base? If this is really true, then I sign this petition---even thought there is a 99.99% probability that this is a done deal. :? If so, I'm definitely passing on this SP. Simport has given me enough migraines as is. I don't need to add diabetes to the list of psychosomatic ailments I've been suffering due to this game :lol:
  • Options
    HeartfangHeartfang Posts: 582 New Member
    edited March 2012
    sam123 wrote:
    Imagine an Expansion called 'The Sims 3 George Clooney Weather Days'..

XD

Or how about "The Sims 3 Lady Gaga University" or "The Sims 3 Justin Bieber Chocolatey Delights" (going off the "sweet treats" thing here) :roll:
  • Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited March 2012
    Yeah another petition..... I'm pretty sure it's pointless. Sorry. None of these petitions people make do any good OP....EA doesn't care about petitions. They will put out what they will and people either buy it or don't.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited March 2012
    Well, they said point blank they had made a contract with her and we would be seeing her in future sims releases:

Official PR, Photos & Trailer: Showtime Katy Perry Edition
    Electronic Arts Inc. today announced the beginning of an extensive and exclusive creative collaboration between Katy Perry, one of today’s biggest superstars, and The Sims™, one of the most popular gaming series of all-time***. In collaboration with Perry, the world-renowned The Sims Studio plans to develop multiple games within The Simsfranchise featuring special Katy Perry themed in-game content and virtual goods. The relationship kicks off with a special Collector’s Edition for The Sims™3 Showtime, launching in March 2012. Katy Perry will also be featured in all-new advertising and marketing campaigns for the brand.

“Today marks the start of the most integrated and exciting collaboration with any artist in the history of The Sims,” said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music for EA. “Katy Perry has been a fan ofThe Sims for several years, and her Simlish recording of her hit ‘Hot and Cold’ featured in The Sims™2 series quickly became the most popular Simlish music video to date. We couldn’t be more excited to work with Katy and bring her distinctive talents, style and personality to the franchise’s global fan base. No performer could better represent the humor and fun of The Sims brand.”

You're going to need a lot of support to even make them consider going back on that. I personally don't see it happenings, especially not when you have numerous people like me who like her and are curious about the content she'll bring to the game.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited March 2012
    honestly I dont care one way or another, I hate modern decor so I never bought high end loft. The stuff packs and even the EPs are not necessities and if they offer one that I really dont like, well it saves me $20 for overpriced items. It makes it so much easier to skip them if I actually dont want them.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    The best way to stop this sort of thing is to not buy the pack when it comes out. I'll probably pass on a Katy Perry themed SP; I did get the KP Showtime edition but that's because my husband got it for my birthday -- and got to admit the giant fruit is kind of cool though I haven't used it in a stage set yet. But unless there's absolutely something I can't have my Sims live without in the pack (like another tub/shower combo), I can keep my wallet in my purse for once. If enough people just say "No" then they'll get the hint when they look at their declining earnings statement.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited March 2012
    They've probably already started working on it a while ago...

I don't really like this SP idea, having it revolve around katy perry. I don't think it's really a good idea to base an SP or EP off of a single celebrity, movie, etc... As that just applies to too small of a group. Even if it was somebody I liked, I'd still think it's unfair to the people who don't like it. Still it's too late to change what the next EP is now, it's going to be what it's going to be...the only solution is to not buy it if you don't like it. If the sales on it suck they probably won't try it again in the future, but I don't think petitioning against something already in progress is going to work.
  • Options
    HeartfangHeartfang Posts: 582 New Member
    edited March 2012
    In collaboration with Perry, the world-renowned The Sims Studio plans to develop multiple games within The Simsfranchise featuring special Katy Perry themed in-game content and virtual goods.

Multiple games? What are they thinking?? :shock:
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited March 2012
    Heartfang wrote:
    sam123 wrote:
    Imagine an Expansion called 'The Sims 3 George Clooney Weather Days'..

XD

Or how about "The Sims 3 Lady Gaga University" or "The Sims 3 Justin Bieber Chocolatey Delights" (going off the "sweet treats" thing here) :roll:

lol this made my day :lol::lol:

honestly i think this sp is gonna be like a remix of Sims 2 Ikea or Sims 2 H&M i think something like that similar
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited March 2012
    The Sims have always done well on there own without some rich diva wanting more money.EA paid Katy alot so there going to milk this dry and a petition is like sticking your finger in a outlet. :wink:
  • Options
    marioXtremomarioXtremo Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited March 2012
    I like Katy Perry, but not as much as to buy a "Deluxe Edition" of her, with her in the cover messing the game up (i CAN'T explain it, it just doesn't feel right to have a GIANT photo of Katy Perry and a normal one of her Sim in the cover of a SIMS game... that's just wrong...), and only like 3 more things than the Limited Edition or Regular Edition of the game... therefore i bought the Limited Edition one. I didn't know about this SP until now, i think it's RIDICULOUS! Way too much promo for her, and it's not like she needs it, every single song she releases right now goes #1 instantly! I don't get it... all this hype over her... there's singers who have had better songs released in a row and not all of them get to #1... It's insane and it's making me tired of her...
  • Options
    oppzorrooppzorro Posts: 341 Member
    edited March 2012
    I don't see a problem. Katy Perry is one of the Top Artists Right now. Sims is one of the top games of all time. Why not team up? I would buy the SP.
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited March 2012
    When I read the article at the other site, I just loled. I don't know who to feel pity for..EA or the singer that is agreeing to do this crap.

I didn't even know about her until this expansion came out. I still don't give two cents about her. My fiance bought the limited edition for me..thank you hun..for it is enjoyable and I was dead set against it at first.

But thank heavens he didn't put 10 dollars more into and got that lady edition..I would of lectured him.

Being an old woman, it makes me think this lady isn't as great a singer as others..I don't see Tim McGraw, Lady GaGa, or other singers pulling this kind of thing..XD

But if the magic expansion is true or even more store items with magic..I'll get my giggles about this lady being in exp and stuff packs..Because that is what it is to me..a free comedy show.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited March 2012
    I understand they had to make up the difference from using her image, but they only offered a few items. A full stuff pack price tacked onto an EP for a handful of useless stuff in the game? That just doesn't add up. And by handful, I mean exactly that. I haven't even seen the Katy Perry equivalent in the game yet. No silver dress, none of that. But maybe I haven't looked hard enough. :?
    But then again I usually buy the EP's late and the cost is reduced a bit. This time I shelled out full price. :shock:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    RoyalHankeyRoyalHankey Posts: 149 New Member
    edited March 2012
    sam123 wrote:
    Well you can't ignore the fact that the're naming a whole Stuff Pack after a celebrity. That seems a little too over the top IMO. Imagine an Expansion called 'The Sims 3 George Clooney Weather Days'.. Not really appealing (for us guys) as Sweet Treats, but you get the jist.

It is an expansion pack not stuff pack

I'm against the idea of naming SP's or EP's after celebrities. This might be the first SP I won't buy. :?:

If it is written into a contract they have to honour it and also if you dont want it with Katy Perry get one of the others no-one has to buy the Katy Perry one.
  • Options
    AustralorpAustralorp Posts: 1,171 New Member
    edited March 2012
    While I can agree that this whole "celebrity" endorsement is really getting on my nerves, I really don't think it's necessary to start a whole petition just to get rid of it.

I don't like all of Katy Perry's songs, but I'm not being forced to buy the Stuff Pack so I really don't care. However I would prefer it if EA didn't bother to endorse their games with celebrities.

I'm sure there are plenty of teens our there that would jump at the thought of a Katy Perry edition of a game. But as a teen myself, I dislike having my fun Sims 3 game turned into what I have to put up with every day in real life.

Actually, I think EA is pushing everything to be for younger consumers. Katy Perry editions of games and social features. Not liking it EA, not one bit. :evil:
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited March 2012
    If the Stuff Pack is already in Development, seeing as Stuff Packs are released about 3 months or so after an expansion pack, and they probably were developing it during Show Time being developed. I doubt a Petition will change their minds at this time of development. :/
  • Options
    DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    edited March 2012
    Funny stuff.

I'm buying it! Long live celeb endorsements of my favorite games. If it was anyone else, I'd probably STILL buy it if it had cool stuff.

Why do some people think that their ideas for an EP/SP would be any better?

• Options
    littlewitchitalittlewitchita Posts: 29 New Member
    edited March 2012
    It's a bit silly to petition when EA don't listen any way. Plus I'm not bothered it won't stop me from buying it.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited March 2012
    I didn't buy the Katy Perry edition of Showtime because one hair style and huge fruit decorations wasn't worth the extra 20€, plus I didn't want some artist's name (who I never heard of before) on it. I'm one of those people who is against sell-outs, and whoever miss Perry is, she's a major sell-out now. That means if I buy the junk from the sell-out, I will be a sell-out myself. No, no, EA will not turn me into a sell-out and I hope they stop promoting artists in this way.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited March 2012
    I dont care if they use her in their ads, include her music in the game, but when they go and make a stuff pack about her that just going to far!

Im signing your petition, even though theres nothing we can really do about it
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'