Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starlight Shores Won't Load - SOLVED!

Hey all! I am having a problem with my game. I have all EPs and Most SPs and all the worlds. I also have a lot of the user created worlds from this site. All of my worlds run fine...except Starlight Shores. Even after installing ST, I'd only been playing in Sunset Valley, Lunar Lakes and Setra (all with items/venues from ST installed). However, I tried to load Starlight Shores just to check it out, and it won't load. The green progress bar gets all the way to the end, and just stays that way. According to my laptop's task manager, "The Sims 3" is running fine. It's done this twice. It never crashes, just stays loading. It's been "loading" for about 35 minutes now and it's just stuck.

Again, everything else runs fine. Is Starlight Shores that demanding that it wouldn't even load up? From what I've read, it's not a large world. And I figure, if my laptop can run Setra with pretty much zero lagging/freezing, it should be able to run Starlight Shores just fine. Is anyone else having this issue?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    DulceHoneyDulceHoney Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2012
    bump!
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited March 2012
    you need to back up your game files that are in the sims 3 folder that is in your My documents ea folder and then start a fresh game

if u remove them files and boot your game the game will generate new folders and then try and play starlight shores if it loads u have something in your folders that upsets Showtime if it still doesn't load I would say it wasn't installed properly
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    jacqpinks wrote:
    you need to back up your game files that are in the sims 3 folder that is in your My documents ea folder and then start a fresh game

if u remove them files and boot your game the game will generate new folders and then try and play starlight shores if it loads u have something in your folders that upsets Showtime if it still doesn't load I would say it wasn't installed properly

Okay thanks! I'll try this!
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited March 2012
    no worries let me know how you go :)
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I finally got it to load... and it's... ehhhhh. **Back to Setra I go** Lol
  • Options
    honeyflorishoneyfloris Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey, I was just wondering what you did to get it to load? What mods did you remove? I cant get it to load and I don't want to wait 30 minutes for the game to just load by itself.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hey, I was just wondering what you did to get it to load? What mods did you remove? I cant get it to load and I don't want to wait 30 minutes for the game to just load by itself.
    Hi there. This thread is from 2012 and the OP hasn't been active on the forums in around five years.

Since the moderators will probably lock this one up for being a necro post, I suggest that you post a full description of the problem you are having getting Showtime or Starlight Shores to load and the specs of the computer you are playing on over here, if you could.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net