Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updating to 1.32 causing "Invalid file"

A friend came over today and installed it on my PC and I can play it perfectly from 1.31, she knew I wasn't crazy about the thought of the Expansion, but thought it would change my mind to get it after playing it for a bit.

However every time we try to update to 1.32 it keeps stopping after the main blue install screen, saying "Invalid file found" and I'm confused as to what this invalid file is concerning I have no Custom Content, and I do not have any .packages or whatever they are. I have no issue with uninstalling Showtime and just keep playing with my other games but this is actually making me scratch my head on this one.

Now she's upset cause she wanted to send my singer over to her game so she had something amusing to do when she took her CD back.

I downloaded the patch from modthesims mainly cause my browser downloads faster than the launcher, and if anything does go wrong with the launcher I have to keep downloading it. Should I try from the launcher? I just re-installed all my games last week, I really don't want to have to do it again :/

*edit*

I'm currently uninstalling everything I got from the Sims 3 store to see if that helps anything

Edit 2: Same thing happned :/

OH! I think I know, I accidentally chose the wrong "region" for the patch. My bad.