Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wish ST and LN played a little more together.

Been playing for a few hours, my main disappointment is that they didn't integrated the fame/stardom with Show time careers. It would've worked perfectly. I hope someone makes a mod or something to integrate "stars" with the new careers.

Comments

• Options
    sashunya10sashunya10 Posts: 5,429 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I think the reason they did that is because not everyone has LN and they didn't want to lose sales that way. Doesn't sound very logical, but whatever :lol:
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited March 2012
    oh? I think when my sim completed a gig she was rewarded with experiance on the job, a simoleons and star points- but im just wrong though :P
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    edited March 2012
    I am 3 starts just form doing gigs, you get fame points for doing them.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    holycatzholycatz Posts: 56 New Member
    edited March 2012
    You get the stars from doing things your audience wants you to because it increases your relationship with them (it can also decrease and you loose friends mid-show, which is annoying)
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited March 2012
    They should have made it so that you can make a venue into a bar. And also so that Bands from Ambitions could have singers and perform at venues.
  • Options
    BettySwolluxBettySwollux Posts: 300 Member
    edited March 2012
    Pretty much every expansion/stuff packs made to be able to run by itself for sales reasons as formentioned, if they added a feature which linked to a previous ep, you'd have those who only have 1/2 ep/sp complaining their missing out

You could argue that stuff like having showtime / late night having better synergy would actually boost sales for LN as folks who don't have it become interested but they won't gamble on that when they know they'll make money regardless with the stand alone design

Aside from being a fun thing in general, what I like about those LN venues is the extra townies they generate (particularly in "Legacy" play)
  • Options
    BatmanBatman Posts: 302 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thats reassuring! I guess I haven't gotten that far.

Does anyone know about updating the ST venues with LN bars, replacing the juice stations? How does that seem to work? Well?
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited March 2012
    I haven't tried it, but I've heard you can't put bars into the venues or they will stop working.
  • Options
    MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited March 2012
    Batman wrote:
    Thats reassuring! I guess I haven't gotten that far.

Does anyone know about updating the ST venues with LN bars, replacing the juice stations? How does that seem to work? Well?

Yeah replacing the regular juice bars with the Professional ones(that spawn mixologists) works fine. It may take a day or so for the mixologist to spawn though unless you have mods. The only drawback is the mixologist doesn't serve food(although if you have WA you can add a food register for that.) and will only offer one special drink.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    bklienhart wrote:
    I haven't tried it, but I've heard you can't put bars into the venues or they will stop working.

No that is not true. Maybe they meant that changing the venue type to a bar/club(Dive Bar, exclusive club, etc) will cause the proprietor to say you aren't good enough to perform there no matter how good you are.

Edit**

They also might have meant that if you delete the regular bar and replace it with one that spawns a mixologist then the propieter will no longer serve drinks which is true.
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    edited March 2012
    I do too, I wonder why EA does that? I mean I get that everyone doesn't want all the expansions etc. But as a company first, I would make my games so that people would have to have all the expansions in order for them to get the full experience. I mean money wise, that just makes sense. I thought when I first started to play the game, that's how it worked.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited March 2012
    bklienhart wrote:
    They should have made it so that you can make a venue into a bar. And also so that Bands from Ambitions could have singers and perform at venues.

bklienhart,

They decided that it would be too difficult to make stages for both singers and bands to perform together on, given all the stuff people can place on those stages. It was largely a matter of space. Also those bands, are in Late Night, not Ambitions. You got your expansion packs mixed up.

One more thing, technically at least two of the venue designations in Showtime are bars. The Live show and private venues both have bars that sell drinks, although they don't see food or cocktails like in Late Night. It would have been nice if they served food and and waiters and waitress. They already look like restaurants much like the Late Night Bars.
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited March 2012
    Like others have said, when you complete a gig you do get rewarded with star points if you have LN installed. Which is nice because it's realistic.

I just wish that you could have a LN bar, including bartender, at the venues. Without a bartender the bars there are pretty much useless :(
  • Options
    KatrinaaKatrinaa Posts: 11
    edited March 2012
    Well they integrated pets and showtime so that the new town automatically has a new equestrian center but for some reason they didnt integrate it so theres automatically bars or hangouts or anything? :s It's kinda lame in my book.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Like others have said, when you complete a gig you do get rewarded with star points if you have LN installed. Which is nice because it's realistic.

I just wish that you could have a LN bar, including bartender, at the venues. Without a bartender the bars there are pretty much useless :(

You can replace the regular bar with a Latenight one and a Mixologist will spawn.(without mods that may take up to a day or more._ However the mixologist won't serve food and will only serve the Spline Reticulator drink
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2012
    Odd because I performed on stage and received 100 celeb points and became a one star celeb(which i didn't want).