The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Few Concerns?

Ok, I love this game. I admit it. But there's a few things driving me batty.

1. Where is the "Next Song" option on the stereo? Is that an upgrade my handy sim needs to study more to be able to perform?

2. Why does my toddler have to go all the way outside so that her mother can pick her up and take her back to her room (where she left from) to use the potty or have a bottle? I'll admit, it's a smallish type room, but there's plenty of space if she'd just sit still.

3. Why are they tripping over one another? It's a nice sized house, with decent sized rooms, and the hallway is 2 squares wide. It's a $40,000+ home. I'd think it'd be big enough for them to go about their daily activities, without having traffic jams.

4. Why aren't there any interactions available between toddlers and children? I've yet to meet a child that has had absolutely no contact with it's younger siblings for the first 2 stages of it's life.

5. And my final question... why does it take her 2 hours to make pancakes? Cooking takes sooo long. You can't start dinner until 5, but once you finally do, you can't hardly eat it before 7 because it takes forever to cook.

Comments

• Options
    Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited June 2009
    1. It's non-existing.

2. Pathfinding is bad this time around, expect it to improve with expansion pack, and with an extreme amount of luck... a patch.

3. Same as answer 2.

4. I couldn't say, I've never tried to have toddlers and children interact, didn't know till now, hah. I'm guessing it's something that was overlooked or taken out since it didn't work too well and they just wanted the game out the doors.

5. I always thought time goes by a bit too fast in TS series. Looking at the animations, most people wouldn't make pancakes that fast rl from scratch, but yeah it takes too long considering how time moves in the game.
  • Options
    ScrogdogScrogdog Posts: 929 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok, I love this game. I admit it. But there's a few things driving me batty.

1. Where is the "Next Song" option on the stereo? Is that an upgrade my handy sim needs to study more to be able to perform?

There is no next song option in TS3.
    2. Why does my toddler have to go all the way outside so that her mother can pick her up and take her back to her room (where she left from) to use the potty or have a bottle? I'll admit, it's a smallish type room, but there's plenty of space if she'd just sit still.

Something like this happens when my sim tries to play guitar. I've found that using a 'go here' action before I play minimizes the movement greatly. Not sure how it would work with the baby, but play around with it.
    3. Why are they tripping over one another? It's a nice sized house, with decent sized rooms, and the hallway is 2 squares wide. It's a $40,000+ home. I'd think it'd be big enough for them to go about their daily activities, without having traffic jams.

The pathing in TS3 is horrid. I wish they'd give us the option to turn collisions off.
    4. Why aren't there any interactions available between toddlers and children? I've yet to meet a child that has had absolutely no contact with it's younger siblings for the first 2 stages of it's life.

Don't know about this one.
    5. And my final question... why does it take her 2 hours to make pancakes? Cooking takes sooo long. You can't start dinner until 5, but once you finally do, you can't hardly eat it before 7 because it takes forever to cook.

Definitely buy a food processor if you don't have one. Also, one of the skill challenges for cooking increases cooking speed. Finally, if you select recipes that are not actually cooked, such as autumn salad or fruit parfait, things go much faster.

EDIT: One other thing, get yourself the best fridge. It costs the same to make a group meal as a single. So, always make group and with the best fridge, the leftovers will last the longest. Leftovers are still the same quality as the meal was at atart, and you don't have to cook or reheat it again. Of course, cold grilled cheese doesn't exactly sound spectacular, but there you go. :)
  • Options
    darlingsimsdarlingsims Posts: 96 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks.

Guess I'll deal with the lousy pathfinding for now.

Somethings it seems like time goes to fast, but seriously it's never taken me 2 hours to make pancakes from scratch. And I can't help but wonder how I'm supposed to feed the kids before they nod off for bed, if I can't start dinner until 5??? In TS2 I could get the Mom up and start breakfast, while the kids and Dad showered, and have breakfast on the table in time for them to eat before leaving for work or school. Now I'm more grateful than ever for leftovers, as there just isn't time without waking her up too early. After all, she has a busy day ahead of her. Between gardening, and fishing, and being a neat freak, she needs all the time she can get.

So basically, my pet peeves are unfixable at this point.... Figures.