Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't hear singers singing.

I was wondering if anyone knew why I couldn't hear Sims singing. I can hear them do karaoke just fine, but anytime else it looks like lip-sync. Only my Sims I can hear sing. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Options
    ArtyArty Posts: 161 Member
    edited March 2012
    When singing my Sims don't have any audio either. I've also had Sims do Karaoke and that has no audio as well but then sometimes the audio pops in and you'll hear the audio briefly but then it goes silent again.

Edit: The same happens when doing Sing-a-Grams too.
    Visit my website: www.simified.com
    I also make YouTube videos: www.youtube.com/user/simifiedvideos/

<3 The Sims <3
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I read the Showtime Patch 1.31/1.32 Bug Thread and found that possibly clearing your cache files gets the audio for singing to come back. So I removed these cache files with the game closed and then re-opened the game.

The audio does play now when Sims are singing but it's not perfect and seems to be out of sync with the animation. The Sims mouth moves but there is no singing but then when the Sims mouth is closed there is.

Deleting the cache files seemed to help.

<3 The Sims <3
  • Options
    ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thank you for the responses. I will definitely try what you suggested! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    You're welcome!

It's still working good for me so I think it must have just been a cache issue.

<3 The Sims <3
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2012
    Arty wrote:
    I read the Showtime Patch 1.31/1.32 Bug Thread and found that possibly clearing your cache files gets the audio for singing to come back. So I removed these cache files with the game closed and then re-opened the game.

The audio does play now when Sims are singing but it's not perfect and seems to be out of sync with the animation. The Sims mouth moves but there is no singing but then when the Sims mouth is closed there is.

Deleting the cache files seemed to help.

I've already tried deleting caches and that didn't fix it but I have noticed if your logged in your more likely to hear sims singing and karoke machines.

Even loggged in I'm having issues with sounds coming from the pool table and dj booths.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2012
    I was having a similar problem, so I checked the audio tab in options; at the bottom of the list of what you can hear there's a slider called "Audio Quality". I set it to Medium and could hear all the music from my singer with no problem including the Sing-O-Grams.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2012
    I was having a similar problem, so I checked the audio tab in options; at the bottom of the list of what you can hear there's a slider called "Audio Quality". I set it to Medium and could hear all the music from my singer with no problem including the Sing-O-Grams.

Mine is already on high. I think this is more of a game bug then anything.