Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a few questions

1. What different things does the caldron do?

2. I killed a sim off in my family so they could become a ghost, but I never got the option to take it to the science facility and it hasn't shown up in the past few nights so I can't even friend it. Any suggestions?

3. Is it true that the fountain in Hidden Springs doesn't really change the sims green?!

4. What different potions can you make with the chemistry set?

5. Any easier way to make friends with a unicorn?

Comments

• Options
    PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited March 2012
    bglisson wrote:
    1. What different things does the caldron do?

2. I killed a sim off in my family so they could become a ghost, but I never got the option to take it to the science facility and it hasn't shown up in the past few nights so I can't even friend it. Any suggestions?

3. Is it true that the fountain in Hidden Springs doesn't really change the sims green?!

4. What different potions can you make with the chemistry set?

5. Any easier way to make friends with a unicorn?

1. Lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron from the sims store, With this you can make several potions. This is done by adding "three of a kind" items for example food, fish, seeds, insects and so on (cats can be helpfull in collecting these). Some of the potions are:

Sleeping potion
    Fast reading potion
    Emotion potion
    Hunger potion
    Vanity potion
    Special potion (by adding a rainbow beetle, trout and gem)

The cauldron also has a "conjure" feature. By adding two items to the cauldron and chosing conjure, a new, random item will appear in your sims inventory. What item it is, seams to be unaffected by what's in the cauldron. But, conjuring takes A LOT of energy, so if you use it several times in a row, your sim might pass out.

2. It is random if you get the opportunity, the remaining sims on the lot were any of them close to the sim that died? That is the key, only those who had a high relationship with the departed sim will receive the call.

3.Yes. That is true, the fountain does not change the apperance of your sim. If you successfully get your wish granted your age is reset back the beginning of the current life stage. There is a type in the description that says you are back to the beginning of Young Adulthood, you only get to go back to the current life stage. If you are an elder you will be back to the beginning of the elder stage.

4. There are 10 total potions that you can make with the chemistry set:

Stink Juice - Gives a Sim the Smelly moodlet by trashing Hygiene

Liquid Horror - Makes a Sim horrified, lowering mood -35 for 8 hours, a very powerful negative! Have your prankster use this on their worst enemies.

Mood Enhancer - Gives a +10 for 4 hours Brightened Day moodlet. Not a bad little boost for the cheap cost of 5 Simoleons.

Radical Reparum - Gives a Sim awesome handiness skills, for a brief time (1 Sim Hour). Should guarantee a repair or upgrade, but doesn't unlock upgrade options. This also increases the speed the upgrade will be done, making the task of improving everything in the house much, much easier.

Bladder Flow - Relieves the bladder need by drinking – because the Sim will need to pee on the spot! The ultimate humiliation tactic -- now that's a moment to remember.

Sleeping Elixir - Gives you a full night's rest in a quarter of the usual time. A very amazing time saver. This one will make Chemistry worth all the effort even if you don't like many of the other potion types.

Ghost Potion - Turns a Sim into a ghost (like dying of old age) for a few hours. Making Sims Woohoo in this state can make the mother pregnant with a ghost baby!

Imaginary Friend Metamorphium - Will make an imaginary friend real. The alternative to this is to complete a special opportunity.

Ninja Vanish - Teleports a Sim home instantly – can only be used off the home lot. You don't drink this, you throw it -- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles style -- "Ninja Vanish!!"

Young Again - More powerful than the ever-popular Ambrosia. Will reset anyone over Young Adult age back to day 1 Young Adult, even Elders. Doesn't work on children. However, Age Freeze (a Lifetime Reward) may.

You can take a potion and have it made into drinks and leave them out for your guests to drink and watch the craziness ensue.

5. Making friends with a unicorn is easy. Watch it a few times, then let it sniff your hand, pet it, etc. Bring along some apples or gormet pet food to feed, horses love apples and gormet treats.

Getting it to accept you enough to be adpoted is another story, there is a hidden skill that you have to max out. Watch wildlife such as deer, raccoons, birds, etc. Make friends with a cat, dog, other horses.

Hope this helps you out :)
  • Options
    bglissonbglisson Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks, thats a lot of help :)